No announcement yet.

New BP ex-SIN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose the Boarding Groups are to make the boarding process more efficient where passengers will not clashing each other on the flight?

I wonder for Y class, whether passengers at the back of the plane will get boarded first, and those sitting on rows 31 or 41 last so that the aisles won't be blocked by front row passengers and make passengers be seated faster.

Comment

Originally posted by jonleong View Post
      Let me take a stab at it and peeps please jump in:

Group 1 - Passengers who require assistance e.g. wheelchair bound
      Group 2 - PPS / F / J
      Group 3 - *Gold
      Group 4 - Y
      That would make sense if *Gold is a group. Now I think about it, my flight to FRA has PEY so they would have to be prior to general Y. I really hope they use this system well because it gets pretty chaotic especially with A380 flights.

Comment

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
        I suppose the Boarding Groups are to make the boarding process more efficient where passengers will not clashing each other on the flight?

I wonder for Y class, whether passengers at the back of the plane will get boarded first, and those sitting on rows 31 or 41 last so that the aisles won't be blocked by front row passengers and make passengers be seated faster.
        There's always a few people sitting in the first rows of the front Y cabin who manage to somehow get on early and then clog everyone as they search through hand luggage for a tissue... Maybe they are *G but the way they fuss about doesn't suggest they fly very often!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          There's always a few people sitting in the first rows of the front Y cabin who manage to somehow get on early and then clog everyone as they search through hand luggage for a tissue... Maybe they are *G but the way they fuss about doesn't suggest they fly very often!
          If they are on rows 31 and 32, there's a chance they may not be *G.

Comment

I think the boarding groups, at least for 77W, are:
            1) First
            2) Business/PPS
            3) *G
            4) Economy rear cabin
            5) Economy front cabin

I vaguely recall this being shown on a sign at the gate, can't remember where though. Might have been HKG?

Comment

Originally posted by elladan View Post
              I think the boarding groups, at least for 77W, are:
              1) First
              2) Business/PPS
              3) *G
              4) Economy rear cabin
              5) Economy front cabin

I vaguely recall this being shown on a sign at the gate, can't remember where though. Might have been HKG?
              How about S Class and Partner Gold? Maybe group 3 as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                How about S Class and Partner Gold? Maybe group 3 as well?
                The other thing I am wondering is if maybe they use a consistent set of numbers across all planes regardless of which classes may be available. In the same way that Row 1 can only ever be first class, group 1 might always be first as well and simply omitted if the flight is an A330 or 772. I would say partner gold would definitely be the same as KF Gold.

I am group 3 for an A330 flight and then group 3 again for a 77WR with F and PEY. I am flying Y, front cabin, for both flights.

Comment

Do they practice having queues for all 5 groups like UA (ie 5 separate queues and boarding), where people in group 5 can start queuing to be the very first in group 5 to board first, or people in earlier groups can board at anytime when their queue has cleared ahead of others of higher board group numbers?

Sometimes there's no special lane for *G, and I'm late. They might have called *G first, but since there is not special queue for *G, it becomes very awkward to cut to the front of the queue when the general Y is boarding and I'm not PPS / J / F pax to go to that queue.

Comment

Originally posted by fone View Post
                    Sometimes there's no special lane for *G, and I'm late. They might have called *G first, but since there is not special queue for *G, it becomes very awkward to cut to the front of the queue when the general Y is boarding and I'm not PPS / J / F pax to go to that queue.
                    Good idea but I've rarely seen it. VA uses it for domestic flights and it's the only way to properly ensure that you can "board at your leisure". It's definitely not a good look to be shoving your way into a queue of boarding passengers, I agree.

Comment

In Bangkok the boarding sequence (according to the signs they have) is

First/Business/PPS Club

Krisflyer Elite Gold/Star Alliance Gold/Premium Economy.

Economy by row numbers

The PEY boarding pass should show Group 3 based on the above?

Originally posted by fone View Post
                      Do they practice having queues for all 5 groups like UA (ie 5 separate queues and boarding), where people in group 5 can start queuing to be the very first in group 5 to board first, or people in earlier groups can board at anytime when their queue has cleared ahead of others of higher board group numbers?
                      IME in DPS they have individual lines with coloured stickers on Y boarding passes to indicate which of the 3 lanes pax should queue up in. SFO has individual lanes for F/J/Y.
                      The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        The other thing I am wondering is if maybe they use a consistent set of numbers across all planes regardless of which classes may be available. In the same way that Row 1 can only ever be first class, group 1 might always be first as well and simply omitted if the flight is an A330 or 772. I would say partner gold would definitely be the same as KF Gold.

I am group 3 for an A330 flight and then group 3 again for a 77WR with F and PEY. I am flying Y, front cabin, for both flights.

You might be correct. I'm QPPS and always Group 2 regardless of plane type and class. I was still Group 2 even when I was flying J in a 2 class plane.

Comment

Originally posted by jonleong View Post
                          You might be correct. I'm QPPS and always Group 2 regardless of plane type and class. I was still Group 2 even when I was flying J in a 2 class plane.
                          I think this boarding group concept is yet to be implemented. I had Group 3 when I was leaving out of BNE on an A330 as KFEG in Y. At the gate they had the blue banner with J and PPS and the green banner with Y and KFEG. I asked the lounge manager where I should queue given if I arrived from the lounge after all the other Y passengers had formed a queue within the rope barriers that I would be behind them. She told me I should use the J boarding lane and confessed she had never even noticed that KFEG is listed on the green Y banner.

I was given a new boarding pass though when they moved me to J so then I became Group 2 and incidentally got an original blue stripe J BP to replace the all white Y BP.

Then at SIN I had again a Group 3 Y BP for FRA. The first boarding call didn't use numbers but specified all passengers in F, Y, PPS, KFEG, *G and PEY. This may be due to the fact that added together across all those categories there were only about ten of us.

Has anyone ever heard a boarding call for a flight where they actually specified the number, e.g. "All passengers in Boarding Group 2"?

Comment

Hmm... In ICN they have queuing lanes according to Group number.

Comment

Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
                              Hmm... In ICN they have queuing lanes according to Group number.

Yeah saw that in Incheon as well and as usual I was in Group 2 and in the same queue were F passengers.

Comment

I've done my online check in and I am VA Gold.

Definitely not sure why my boarding group is #6.

Comment

Working...
                                X