Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ863 Landed at Senai, JB on Sat 20/6/15

I wonder what happened?

Flight departed HKG at 14:04 and landed at Senai Airport JB at about 18:35. That is 4.5 hours flight time.

Originally posted by kevin-sg View Post
    I wonder what happened?

Flight departed HKG at 14:04 and landed at Senai Airport JB at about 18:35. That is 4.5 hours flight time.
    Whatever happened, Changi website is claiming a confirmed adjusted arrival time of 19:55

Comment

Likely to be because of the airspace closure due to NDP rehearsals. A CX and a TR flight were diverted to Batam.

Comment

Originally posted by sq_a380 View Post
        Likely to be because of the airspace closure due to NDP rehearsals. A CX and a TR flight were diverted to Batam.
        ahhhh... it would be an extra long day for the passengers on these flights.

I guess such situations would happen on every Saturdays from now until 9th Aug then.

Comment

Air operators have been notified to reschedule arrival of their flights around the closure timings. The affected flights may have been subject to prior delay which extended their arrival time to coincide with the closure.

It seems the dispatchers did not take this into account and uplifted more holding fuel for affected flights.

Comment

Comment

Seems like at least 1xSQ, 3xTR, 2x3K, 1xCX and 1x9W flights were diverted to Batam, Johor and KL.
              My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

wow... that's quite a handful...
                and I have also noticed that many SQ flights with delayed departure last evening between 1830 to 1930.

Comment

Imagine, 50 aircrafts are used in the NDP 2015..... *remind myself not to depart or arrive at evenings of every Saturday until after August 9.....
                  This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

airlines should be notified of National Day rehearsals way before that and to allow them to adjust for the airspace closure - similiar to that when the Singapore Airshow had flying demonstrations. Otherwise such diversions will costs alot of money to the airlines in terms of fuel, time and delays. Wonder why there were still a number of such diversions.

Comment

Wow, didn't think of that. Yes definitely need to remember to avoid that time slot on Saturday's. This would tick me off royally as a passenger though, but okay.

On the other hand, I was walking along Orchard on Sat evening around that time and the fighter jets were flying past overhead in the '50' formation. The '0' looked good and the '5' still needed some adjustments, but it did look quite cool

Comment

50 military aircraft in the air. Pretty busy.

Comment

Working...
                        X