Amsterdam Publicity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amsterdam Publicity

What is the reasoning behind the very heightened publicity for Amsterdam flights? I just saw a video on the YouTube channel that provides a detailed look at YCL, but it is incredibly different from usual SQ videos. It features the old fashioned "Our seat features...We have... Each passenger gets..."

I am quite disappointed to see such a style. Along with this, the Premium Economy launch video was TERRIBLE... The music and the film quality/ angles... What is happening??
    Fly well,
    Travel safe,
    And have a pleasant journey.

Originally posted by SQ747 View Post
    What is the reasoning behind the very heightened publicity for Amsterdam flights? I just saw a video on the YouTube channel that provides a detailed look at YCL, but it is incredibly different from usual SQ videos. It features the old fashioned "Our seat features...We have... Each passenger gets..."
    Maybe several years of announcing AMS upgrading to 77W only to lose it a short while later and return to 772ERs has made travellers wary of the latest 77W deployment. AMS was also the target of a 772ER refit upgrade in among all of that so it's not surprising that there could be some major confusion as to what passengers will actually receive when they step on the flight. I think the current upgrade to 77W is the fourth in as many years. Perhaps there is about to be more competition on the route?

Comment

In my opinion, instead of having a GSA to appear in the video, the feature should have featured a Dutch speaking SQ crew, who would be able to carry herself better. The video on its own, as it is, looks very low budget, and the GSA, whilst being local, and fluent in Dutch, does not really appear photogenic for Public Relations material.

Comment

Link to video in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2iMnqKZg7s

Yes this video does look quite badly done, and put together on a tight schedule and shoestring budget. Really hope this is an issue with the Amsterdam office and not a change to how SQ is going to handle their PR material.

Comment

Originally posted by FSJZ View Post

Yes this video does look quite badly done, and put together on a tight schedule and shoestring budget. Really hope this is an issue with the Amsterdam office and not a change to how SQ is going to handle their PR material.
          Not that this video is any better. Poor soundtrack, disjointed graphics and images. It lacks the classy SQ touch. I understand that they are trying to differentiate their PY from Y but it feels more like 'budget airline premium class' than premium economy from the marketing...

CLICK "I AGREE" TO WATCH THE VIDEO

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
          No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
          I AGREE

There seems to be a marketing push for AMS-SIN recently. (QR just started AMS and commenced DOH-DPS not too long ago, go figure...)

Here are some other videos from 2 months ago that make the one with the GSA look good...

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
          No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
          I AGREE

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
          I AGREE

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
          I AGREE

Comment

Originally posted by FSJZ View Post

I nearly fainted seeing the two stiff and awkward FAs at the plane's door.

Comment

Wow, that's a very poorly done video!

Comment

Working...
              X