• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ interlining with AC Rouge at SFO

Hi,

Pardon me if I'm posting at the wrong section,
    I will be flying on SQ16 arriving SFO @ 1115
    I have a connecting flight with AC Rouge departing at 1710 to YVR
    Can I check my baggage all the way to YVR ?
    Any baggage fees to pay since my first carrier is SQ ?

Both SQ and AC segments are on different PNRs

TIA

Every passenger arriving on an international flight has to go through customs and immigration unless arriving on a flight with pre-clearance. That means you'll have to claim your bags and recheck them with AC.

SQ is usually willing to interline your bags if your present your onward flight's e-ticket receipt, but don't take it for granted. It won't make much of a difference as you'll still have to proceed to the AC desks anyway. Not sure about AC rouge but most North American carriers won't charge for bags if they're tagged by an international interline partner.

Comment

SQ will be able to tag your bags to final destination if the next flight is on one of these airlines:

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/tr...ckin-partners/

Since Rouge operates with AC flight numbers, I don't think it would be an issue. SQ may even be able to issue you the boarding pass.

I just did this last week - SQ16 connecting to a DL flight (operated by Delta Connection or something like that) to SEA on a separate ticket and PNR. Check-in staff tagged my bags to SEA and even issued me the DL boarding pass (printing a first class ticket on an SQ red boarding pass...nice!).

In SFO, you do need to pick up your bags and clear customs, but when you exit, follow the signs for "connecting flights"....you just drop off your bags on a belt there (a guy will check that your bags a properly tagged). No need to re-check-in. At least, that's how it worked for me.

Comment

Thanks for all your inputs guys

Comment

Please be aware that AC has now started to enforce strict carry-on bags. All carry-on bags will be checked for dimensions and weight. You will get a red sticker on your bag if your carry-on conforms. If you do not get the red sticker, it means they would check-in your baggage.

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
            Since Rouge operates with AC flight numbers, I don't think it would be an issue. SQ may even be able to issue you the boarding pass.

I just did this last week - SQ16 connecting to a DL flight (operated by Delta Connection or something like that) to SEA on a separate ticket and PNR. Check-in staff tagged my bags to SEA and even issued me the DL boarding pass (printing a first class ticket on an SQ red boarding pass...nice!).
            This is possible if the onward flight is on the same ticket. The OP mentioned "separate PNRs" which makes me think they're seperate tickets, but I could be wrong.

I'd be very surprised if SQ can print another carrier's BP when on seperate tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
              This is possible if the onward flight is on the same ticket. The OP mentioned "separate PNRs" which makes me think they're seperate tickets, but I could be wrong.

I'd be very surprised if SQ can print another carrier's BP when on seperate tickets.
              Be surprised then. I specifically said that my flights were on separate tickets and PNRs. My SQ flight was purchased via my company's TA while my DL ticket was a personal redemption booking. I've been able to do this type of "interline"check-in (separate tickets and pnrs) with various airline combinations in the past. Some North American Airlines have stopped providing this service recently but SQ still does.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin-sg View Post
                Please be aware that AC has now started to enforce strict carry-on bags. All carry-on bags will be checked for dimensions and weight. You will get a red sticker on your bag if your carry-on conforms. If you do not get the red sticker, it means they would check-in your baggage.
                I don't think there's a problem on the size part for me.
                I will be carrying laptop + DSLR + several lenses + GoPro. (Total 8+ kg) Which is not part of the carry on allowance. I may be wrong..

Comment

SQ will be able to tag your checked-in bags to YVR, but will not likely issue you the AC boarding passes.
                  At SFO, as advised, use the "Connecting Flights" lane to drop your bags at the conveyer belt. Afterwhich, proceed to AC check-in desk to present yourself for the flight and collect your boarding pass.

Comment

To add : you may like to call SQ to link your AC booking to your SQ booking.

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
                      Be surprised then. I specifically said that my flights were on separate tickets and PNRs. My SQ flight was purchased via my company's TA while my DL ticket was a personal redemption booking. I've been able to do this type of "interline"check-in (separate tickets and pnrs) with various airline combinations in the past. Some North American Airlines have stopped providing this service recently but SQ still does.
                      If I do interline check-in and somehow I miss my connecting flight (say the SQ flight is delayed, etcetera), would it be up to the connecting airline to get me to my destination?

Comment

Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
                        If I do interline check-in and somehow I miss my connecting flight (say the SQ flight is delayed, etcetera), would it be up to the connecting airline to get me to my destination?
                        I would think not. You will need to re-check at SFO as your bags will be tagged to a flight that has already departed. So you will then need to carry them to the AC Rouge counters to re-check the bags and get a new BP - so a 'new' journey on a separate ticket. I do not think SQ has any responsibility. You can use your insurance to claim if you need to pay more for the missed connection.

I might be completely wrong but this is what I would have expected on separate tickets and PNR. You have plenty of time for the transfer so should not be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
                          No responsibility for the other airline as your journey is not booked in one ticket.

Comment

To seek clarification:
                            I do believe SQ is able to interline. Have done that before at EWR too.

Now: If flying SQ J, connecting to AC Y. Again, 2 separate tickets, 2 PNRs. AC charges bag fees - do I have to pay them? SQ in SIN should be able to issue the AC boarding pass..

Comment

Working...
                            X