No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines A380 "SG50" special livery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend, Blaide, got a good(ish) pic of it yesterday. A bit ruined by heat haze.

High-res version:

http://imgur.com/bRUbZfQ.jpg

I went down today to try and see it, but it didn't show the whole day apparently. Looks like it was moved back into the hangar. Seems like SQ didn't plan to show it to the world, but were forced to show it OR they highly underestimated the zeal of spotters haha. Hopefully what was seen yesterday was an incomplete design, and they're working on it further!

Comment

I am glad they have finally lost the paranoia of special liveries but I agree the tail doesn't look right against the colours on the fuselage.

Comment

Their twitter account asked about 5 minutes ago: We have a surprise coming up - guess what?

the thing got leaked on Instagram yesterday morning and here also yesterday. And Singapore airlines themselves are asking now? talk about the horse having bolted from the stable....

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          Their twitter account asked about 5 minutes ago: We have a surprise coming up - guess what?

the thing got leaked on Instagram yesterday morning and here also yesterday. And Singapore airlines themselves are asking now? talk about the horse having bolted from the stable....
          Yeap their tweet also contains a behind the scenes timelapse that shows them working on the livery.

Comment

Another good shot of 9V-SKI by @mrkenspeckle on IG for those who haven't seen it.

Comment

Hahaha yeah. Strong feeling they didn't mean to reveal it just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                Hmm it does look a bit odd though. I find the 'Singapore Airlines' wording placement slightly out of place :/ but it's a fresh new look from the rest of the fleet.
                It's too low along the fuselage and aft and I think that's what's bothering me most.

Comment

Is 9V-SKI going to be used for the charity flight this Friday (29MAY15)?

http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...s/ne150414.jsp
                  Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                    Is 9V-SKI going to be used for the charity flight this Friday (29MAY15)?

http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...s/ne150414.jsp
                    Would make sense, wouldn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by eminere™ View Post
                      It's too low along the fuselage and aft and I think that's what's bothering me most.
                      Exactly the wing is covering the logo!

The livery just doesn't look right, it doesn't suit the AC

Comment

What bothers me is that Singapore's flag is red AND white.. but from the livery, it's as if they are just waving a red piece of cloth

Comment

the sq ek colours

or should that be sq eeeek colours?

Comment

Hahaha, yeah I am sure they didn't intend to reveal it so soon, but did so once they saw all these images being leaked!
                            Fly well,
                            Travel safe,
                            And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                              Exactly the wing is covering the logo!
                              I'm surprised that was approved by the comms department.

Comment

Originally posted by jani View Post
                                What bothers me is that Singapore's flag is red AND white.. but from the livery, it's as if they are just waving a red piece of cloth
                                Perhaps they intended the white part of the fuselage to make up the white part of the flag?

Comment

Working...
                                X