Experience of Full vs Empty Suites Cabin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All

Back from our trip, so here to contribute some data points. We did 4 sectors - 2 in First and 2 in Suites. What we realise was that we are dealing with people, so there will be the occassional disinterested robot, and on the other extreme, there will be some who are overzealous and ever willing to please. I believe it is solely the passengers responsibility to ensure you get the best out of any situation (with some give and take). Meals are also always unpredictable, though fish seemed consistently safe.

SIN-NRT F 2C/D. 2 other seats taken, so 4/8. It was a redeye, so the crew pretty much left us alone while we slept. We did BTC and requested they serve us as breakfast before arrival. No fuss at all. But lamb loin and beef are bad choices. Either they've been kept too long (overnight) or bad choices for breakfast to begin with. Our own fault here.

NRT-LAX R 3C/D. 3 other seats taken, so 5/12. The crew were fussing over some elite, and didnt have time for us. But we were tired after a whole day in Narita, so just had dinner, slept most of the way, and woke up for breakfast. For dinner, there was choice of veal, chicken and cod. But when it was my turn to order, somehow, my wife took the last cod (not sure if it was the only one) and I was left with chicken. For the second meal, I had purposely ordered JPML (not BTC) for breakfast to see what it is. The crew told me that it is the same 'light meal' version of Kyo Kaiseki in the on-board menu - 2 bento boxes. It wasnt too bad.

LAX-NRT R. Some interesting data points to share here. We were originally on 2A and 3A, but managed to snag 3C/D again, a few days prior when some other passengers vacated them. But thereafter this continued to be a 10/12 flight up till the very morning. As the doors closed, there were only 6 of us. I thought catering would have been abundant, but found out otherwise. When it was my turn to order dinner, no more Kyo Kaiseki! Needless to say, I was dissappointed. I asked how many they cater, but received no answer, only apologies and 'Can I offer you our international selection'. Interestingly, the crew walked around with a whole box of donuts after dinner (over-catered?). I think nobody took any. As we woke up from our nap, we asked for noodle soup as a snack. Lo and behold, there was no more left of my favourite kway tiao! Only the yellow noodles and beehoon left. The FA even brought out the basket to show me, that there was empty space next to the two remaining foils. What!? For a presumably full flight (until the last minute), they only had 1 or 2 Kyo Kaiseki, and only 1 set of the 3 types of noodles?!? For the pre-arrival meal, I did manage to get an extra helping of scallops together with my fish though. And the IFS seemed overly concerned that I had to order scallops after I was halfway through my fish, thinking that there was something wrong with the fish dish.

NRT-SIN F 1C/D. There were 4 other pax, so 6/8 - considered full? For a change, we took the first row. It was no different, really. Again, no Kyo Kaiseki for me!! Too bad I'm not an elite flyer. Hah! Luckily I had BTCd a fish dish (could it be becoz of that?). It was a day flight, so I had lots of Krug and watched a couple of movies. Oh, I asked for lobster (on the menu) to accompany my fish. My wife said she had an excellent wagyu sirloin. Our request for a later meal time (just before arrival) was also obliged with no fuss.

Comment

Originally posted by bluepanda View Post
      Hi All

Back from our trip, so here to contribute some data points. We did 4 sectors - 2 in First and 2 in Suites. What we realise was that we are dealing with people, so there will be the occassional disinterested robot, and on the other extreme, there will be some who are overzealous and ever willing to please. I believe it is solely the passengers responsibility to ensure you get the best out of any situation (with some give and take). Meals are also always unpredictable, though fish seemed consistently safe.

SIN-NRT F 2C/D. 2 other seats taken, so 4/8. It was a redeye, so the crew pretty much left us alone while we slept. We did BTC and requested they serve us as breakfast before arrival. No fuss at all. But lamb loin and beef are bad choices. Either they've been kept too long (overnight) or bad choices for breakfast to begin with. Our own fault here.

NRT-LAX R 3C/D. 3 other seats taken, so 5/12. The crew were fussing over some elite, and didnt have time for us. But we were tired after a whole day in Narita, so just had dinner, slept most of the way, and woke up for breakfast. For dinner, there was choice of veal, chicken and cod. But when it was my turn to order, somehow, my wife took the last cod (not sure if it was the only one) and I was left with chicken. For the second meal, I had purposely ordered JPML (not BTC) for breakfast to see what it is. The crew told me that it is the same 'light meal' version of Kyo Kaiseki in the on-board menu - 2 bento boxes. It wasnt too bad.

LAX-NRT R. Some interesting data points to share here. We were originally on 2A and 3A, but managed to snag 3C/D again, a few days prior when some other passengers vacated them. But thereafter this continued to be a 10/12 flight up till the very morning. As the doors closed, there were only 6 of us. I thought catering would have been abundant, but found out otherwise. When it was my turn to order dinner, no more Kyo Kaiseki! Needless to say, I was dissappointed. I asked how many they cater, but received no answer, only apologies and 'Can I offer you our international selection'. Interestingly, the crew walked around with a whole box of donuts after dinner (over-catered?). I think nobody took any. As we woke up from our nap, we asked for noodle soup as a snack. Lo and behold, there was no more left of my favourite kway tiao! Only the yellow noodles and beehoon left. The FA even brought out the basket to show me, that there was empty space next to the two remaining foils. What!? For a presumably full flight (until the last minute), they only had 1 or 2 Kyo Kaiseki, and only 1 set of the 3 types of noodles?!? For the pre-arrival meal, I did manage to get an extra helping of scallops together with my fish though. And the IFS seemed overly concerned that I had to order scallops after I was halfway through my fish, thinking that there was something wrong with the fish dish.

NRT-SIN F 1C/D. There were 4 other pax, so 6/8 - considered full? For a change, we took the first row. It was no different, really. Again, no Kyo Kaiseki for me!! Too bad I'm not an elite flyer. Hah! Luckily I had BTCd a fish dish (could it be becoz of that?). It was a day flight, so I had lots of Krug and watched a couple of movies. Oh, I asked for lobster (on the menu) to accompany my fish. My wife said she had an excellent wagyu sirloin. Our request for a later meal time (just before arrival) was also obliged with no fuss.
      Wow...sorry to hear, that sounds like a disappointing series of flights.

I always have my first choice of meals and so does my partner (no status) on any F/R flights including full flights of 12/12.

May be you should feedback to SQ. I think you deserve some token miles back as a gesture of apologies for your disappointment,

Comment

Working...
      X