A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ380 View Post
    Crew familiarisation flights commence to CGK and KUL from March 8th. Rumor has it that it will be deployed for SQ950, SQ953, SQ958, SQ959, SQ118 and SQ119.
    The rumour is true. SQ950 first up for the early risers. As I know some SQTalkers are already booked on SQ950 we look forward to the TR by the end of the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
      But what will happen if the wind is blowing on the other way than 02L?
      Then it would be RWY20R.

But I'm not sure if they plan on having similar arrangement to when ANA's "R2-D2" jet arrived last year. (Landed RWY02C for media photography purposes)
      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• News just in from Straits Times.

SQA350 flights to AMS will commence on 9 May.

SINGAPORE -Singapore Airlines said on Tuesday it will start the inaugural long-haul flight of its new Airbus A350-900 fleet to Amsterdam on May 9.

The A350 will serve the airline's daily flight to Amsterdam as SQ324, and its return flight SQ323.

This was announced before Singapore Airlines accepts delivery of its first A350-900 at the Airbus Delivery Centre in Toulouse tomorrow.

Before the long-haul flights to Amsterdam begins, the new fleet will be temporarily deployed to selected Asian destinations for crew training purposes.

In July, the A350-900 will be used to add services to Dusseldorf - the newest point in the Singapore Airlines network.

rachaelb@sph.com.sg

Comment

• Guys so sorry that I've been (unknowingly) misling you -- the scheduled gate for SMA is B5 not B3!

Thanks 9V-SPL for highlighting my error.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ380 View Post
            Crew familiarisation flights commence to CGK and KUL from March 8th. Rumor has it that it will be deployed for SQ950, SQ953, SQ958, SQ959, SQ118 and SQ119.
            SQ118 & 119 already bookable on 359. Website not allowing a return trip on those two flights though

Comment

• http://airlineroute.net/2016/03/01/sq-359update2/
              Singapore Airlines today (01MAR16) opened reservations for additional Airbus A350-900XWB operational routes, including planned first revenue flight. Planned A350-900XWB operation as follow.

eff 08MAR16 Singapore – Kuala Lumpur SQ118/119, until 08MAY16
              eff 09MAY16 Singapore – Amsterdam daily
              eff 10MAY16 Singapore – Jakarta SQ956/957, SQ962/963
              eff 21JUL16 Singapore – Dusseldorf 3 weekly

Planned A350-900XWB operational routes and effective dates remain subject to change.

does this means that cgk would be served by a350 regularly?

Comment

• [Serious]

Anyone here booking a room in Crowne Plaza to catch the delivery of 9V-SMA?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                  Then it would be RWY20R.

But I'm not sure if they plan on having similar arrangement to when ANA's "R2-D2" jet arrived last year. (Landed RWY02C for media photography purposes)
                  Was it some special media event that die die needs a morning 02C arrival (due to lower traffic or something)? Or was it simply because it's a T2 airline so they wanted media to get shots of its rollout and taxi to gate without having to run around the airport?

If it's the former then there might be a significant chance that SMA might also land on 02C (but then OJA landed on 02L in the morning as well and it had a media event too...), but if it's the latter then I think 02L is practically locked in and confirmed.

Does someone also know when (morning/evening) and where (02L/20R or 02C/20C) did SKA land in 2007?
                  Last edited by shikhargpt; 1 March 2016, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 726 View Post
                    http://airlineroute.net/2016/03/01/sq-359update2/

does this means that cgk would be served by a350 regularly?
                    I miss the inaugural flight by 2 days!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by shikhargpt View Post

Does someone also know when (morning/evening) and where (02L/20R or 02C/20C) did SKA land in 2007?
                      9V-SKA landed on 02R during its delivery flight in the late afternoon/early evening.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                        9V-SKA landed on 02R during its delivery flight in the late afternoon/early evening.
                        Thanks for the info. (Actually it was 20R lol, I just checked with 9V-SPL and the YT video of its arrival matches up.)

So it seems the gate dicates runway. SKA (T3 gate?) and OJA (C20 I think) got 02L/20R because the gates faced that runway, and ANA's R2-D2 789 got 02C because it parks at T2.

Comment

• Originally posted by shikhargpt View Post
                          Thanks for the info. (Actually it was 20R lol, I just checked with 9V-SPL and the YT video of its arrival matches up.)

So it seems the gate dicates runway. SKA (T3 gate?) and OJA (C20 I think) got 02L/20R because the gates faced that runway, and ANA's R2-D2 789 got 02C because it parks at T2.
                          Oops, my bad. Yes, it was 20R. I didn't realise that I was looking at the airport map in the north-south orientation!

It taxied to the end of T3 for a water salute before parking at T3, which was not opened yet at that time. Not sure if 9V-SMA will get a water salute on Thursday morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                            Oops, my bad. Yes, it was 20R. I didn't realise that I was looking at the airport map in the north-south orientation!

It taxied to the end of T3 for a water salute before parking at T3, which was not opened yet at that time. Not sure if 9V-SMA will get a water salute on Thursday morning.
                            I think it should get one. If OJA got it, the future backbone of the SQ fleet should too.

Comment

• i have SIN-AMS booked on 30 Apr. such a waste I'm missing it by 9 days..
                              coming back from LHR

Comment

• I was in Dusseldorf Airport yesterday, and their airport newsletter has a cover page and write-up on the upcoming A350 service to Dusseldorf...

The article itself is in German, which I don't speak or read, but our Singapore Girls look good in any language

Comment

Working...
                                X