Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    That's interesting. Most of the inaugurals have been using SMF
    Because that plane got that special 10000th Airbus Aircraft decal.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
      The inaugural service to Stockholm-Arlanda (ARN) launches tonight (30MAY17).

SQ362 (SIN-DME-ARN) is scheduled to be operated by A350-941 (9V-SME) from gate B8.
      How's the loading for this service? Is it full? How many passengers ended up in Stockholm?

Comment

• Just wonder if any of you had encountered some problem with the entertainment system on the A350. Was on SQ861 (9V-SMA) on 26th May. Half way through the movie, the screen just moved one step back to the movie selection screen but the sound just played on. It happened twice during this short flight. Then halfway through the entertainment system for the whole flight just blank off and they need to reset everything. After I finished my movie, I decided to switch it to the 3D map option and after some time, a window error message pop up saying "Unfortunately Voyage 3D has stopped".

Besides the unstable system, the flight was a very bad flight which I had encountered in SQ for quite some time. The air stewardess had missed out on the pre-drink session for our row. Later, during meal serving, she serve us the meal but missed out the drinks again until the later cart stewardess noticed that and poured us some drinks. Ice-cream was served and one gave the passengers ice-cream with spoons and one gave ice-cream without spoon. I also heard from the passenger behind telling the stewardess that he was not being served a meal. I choosed the pork with rice but the taste was horrible.

Later, I requested a pepermint tea during when they are clearing the trays. The stewardess gave me a look that makes me feel that "I shouldn't have asked for that". I politely told her that I can wait for the drink after she finished with the trays clearing. However, she forgot everything after she cleared the tray. I then reminded the same stewardess for my request and she apologized and said she would bring it to me but she had forgotten it again. I waited for another 15 minutes before I made complaint to the leading stewardess. The nice lady apologized and came back with the tea within a minute. After that, she asked me if I need a second cup.

It was a very bumpy flight with passengers screaming and babies crying during the sudden plane drop. Service was inconsistant and seems the stewardess were not well trained. If not for the leading stewardess, I would have rated the flight 1/10.

Comment

• Either one that is very new, or one that is serving her resignation notice period perhaps. Hopefully you took down her name, and send a complaint to SQ. The cabin crew really do receive your complaints/compliments and hopefully she will get better.

Comment

• I took sq326 in J class yesterday. The service was top end. Could be an isolated case but you should feedback this to SQ nonetheless.

Comment

• I fly frequently with SQ but this was the flight which almost everything went wrong. My other flights with SQ were generally from average, good to superb. The staffs took very good care of my elderly parents when we flew with them.

It was my first A350 flight with SQ and I was in Y. I do prefer the 77W more in terms of space. At least the 77W walkway is wider, especially when they pushed the meal cart passby you.

Comment

• Originally posted by PCboy View Post
                I fly frequently with SQ but this was the flight which almost everything went wrong. My other flights with SQ were generally from average, good to superb. The staffs took very good care of my elderly parents when we flew with them.

It was my first A350 flight with SQ and I was in Y. I do prefer the 77W more in terms of space. At least the 77W walkway is wider, especially when they pushed the meal cart passby you.
                Same with my mother. She has the same opinion. However, hopefully my dad will find the 359 okay this coming Fall. Also, I was told on the long hauls, no ice cream and also probably no duty free shopping.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                  Same with my mother. She has the same opinion. However, hopefully my dad will find the 359 okay this coming Fall. Also, I was told on the long hauls, no ice cream and also probably no duty free shopping.
                  This wasn't the case for SQ323. I had the ice cream in Y and they definitely offered duty free shopping. Or are you referring to SQ31/32 where there's a payload restriction in place? Even so, I've not heard about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Markovnikov View Post
                    This wasn't the case for SQ323. I had the ice cream in Y and they definitely offered duty free shopping. Or are you referring to SQ31/32 where there's a payload restriction in place? Even so, I've not heard about this.
                    I flew on both SQ31 and 32, and indeed, no duty free was available due to weight restrictions. No ice cream was served, but that must have more likely been due to pre-determined menus rather than weight, although I am not sure on this point.

On the other hand, SQ323 covers a distance of almost 2000 miles less than SQ31, so weight added by duty free should be no issue.

Comment

SQ32/31 has never had duty-free. It also flies without a full Y cabin, due to using a standard A350 for the long flight rather than the future ULR variant.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        SQ32/31 has never had duty-free. It also flies without a full Y cabin, due to using a standard A350 for the long flight rather than the future ULR variant.
                        How many seats are actually blocked in general for this route? I'm actually quite interested in the yield of the route.

I know for some routes, in particular, NH179 (MEX-NRT), in March, 66 seats were blocked out of the 123 Y/Y+ seats!

Comment

• May I ask whether A359 (non-ULR) is capable of flying SIN-LAX direct?

UA is launching LAX-SIN direct in October, SQ really need to respond to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                            May I ask whether A359 (non-ULR) is capable of flying SIN-LAX direct?

UA is launching LAX-SIN direct in October, SQ really need to respond to it.
                            No problem eastbound. Even a 77E or 77W can do it. The 77E used to sub the A345 during maintenance. I think an A380 can as well.
                            The challenge is Westbound.

Comment

• 77E used to sub A345???? That's news to me! Westbound due to the headwinds probably.

Comment

• These long range aircrafts are causing headwinds to SQ especially the route from North Asia to South Pacific. Typically this route has had Singapore as a transit place but with the myriad of Chinese carriers biting it with aggressive pricing as a direct flight, I am not sure how SQ will be tackling this piece other than reducing price by cost cutting. From the west side, it is UA but SQ is of a lesser headache to tackle them.

SQ is under tremendous pressure to differentiate or cost cutting as the last one standing.

Comment

Working...
                                X