A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
    So we might see regional A350s after the ULRs?

May I ask is there any chance that A350 will be deployed to SYD, in particular SQ 251/252?
    Extremely unlikely that SQ251/2 will go A359 any time soon. At present it is operating as an overnight flight around weekends which is when long-hauls to Europe place the heaviest demand on the fleet. Any spare capacity at those times would be directed to Europe to further replace 777 usage.

If SYD is to get the A359, my prediction would be on SQ241/2, but since they have recently upgraded that flight to a 77WR, I'd consider the A359 to be a downgrade.

However, if they did have another A359 free in that timeslot, I think SQ421/2 to BOM is also a candidate to replace the current old 772.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
      So we might see regional A350s after the ULRs?
      SQ#21 MSN186 "seems" to the 1st regional A350 based on discussion here and elsewhere but we won't know until SQ officially says so.

What's interesting is I think we will the A350s coming in quick succession in 2018. After MSN216, its followed by 220, 223, 230, 232, 238, 244,
      Last edited by 9V-JKL; 16 May 2017, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        SQ#21 MSN186 "seems" to the 1st regional A350 based on discussion here and elsewhere but we won't know until SQ officially says so.

What's interesting is I think we will the A350s coming in quick succession in 2018. After MSN216, its followed by 220, 223, 230, 232, 238, 244,
        It'll be interesting to see where they launch the regional A350 to. My first guess would be their most premium routes currently getting A330s. Somewhere like KIX or ICN?

Comment

• 9V-SMN is displaying her Final Registration. Delivery appears likely this weekend.

Comment

• 9V-SMN scheduled to arrive in SIN this Sunday (21MAY17) at 0915 as SQ8895.
            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Today's (20MAY17) SQ217 is operated by B777-300ER (9V-SWW) for some reason. Is there an A350 down somewhere?
              Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                Today's (20MAY17) SQ217 is operated by B777-300ER (9V-SWW) for some reason. Is there an A350 down somewhere?
                Could be that there's one down and on weekends there's not much room to move with finding a spare. Alternatively, maybe for today's flight they had too many passengers in total or too many F cabin bookings that were made prior to the decision to downgauge. I really don't know why they didn't change this flight to a 77WR given how many are now available and give SQ241/2 an A350. Let SYD share our pain with their 5 daily flights of which 2 are A380...

Comment

• 9V-SMN has taken off on her Delivery Flight as SQ8895. ETA at Changi is at 9.35am SG time tomorrow.

Last edited by SQKevin; 21 May 2017, 10:25 AM. Reason: Photo added

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                    9V-SMN has taken off on her Delivery Flight as SQ8895. ETA at Changi is at 9.35am SG time tomorrow.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/9v-smn

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                      Could be that there's one down and on weekends there's not much room to move with finding a spare. Alternatively, maybe for today's flight they had too many passengers in total or too many F cabin bookings that were made prior to the decision to downgauge. I really don't know why they didn't change this flight to a 77WR given how many are now available and give SQ241/2 an A350. Let SYD share our pain with their 5 daily flights of which 2 are A380...
                      Just booked SQ207 SIN-MEL on A359, bulkhead 19DF, hopefully to catch 9V-SMN.

@SQ228: have you tried SQ207 , how is the meal service? I suppose it is breakkie and lunch?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                        9V-SMN has taken off on her Delivery Flight as SQ8895. ETA at Changi is at 9.35am SG time tomorrow.
                        For those interested, you can follow the Delivery Flight here.

https://www.flightradar24.com/SIA8895/d7380f7

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
                          have you tried SQ207 , how is the meal service? I suppose it is breakkie and lunch?
                          SQ207 should be the same as SQ241 - Continental Breakfast after takeoff and Lunch before arrival.

You can ask for biscuits though if you're hungry enroute as lunch is served about 2 hours before arrival.

Comment

• Just received email notification of seat change on SQ328 for 8th July. Looks like a change of metal to A350.

Comment

• 9V-SMN has landed at Changi, bringing the SQ A350 fleet to 14.

9V-SMO has completed her RTO and is due for her First Flight tomorrow. Delivery should take place at the end of the first week of June or the second week of June.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
                                Just booked SQ207 SIN-MEL on A359, bulkhead 19DF, hopefully to catch 9V-SMN.

@SQ228: have you tried SQ207 , how is the meal service? I suppose it is breakkie and lunch?
                                I've flown SQ207 many times. You get the full breakfast as your first meal with the usual Western or Asian option and then before landing a light lunch which is usually just the hot dish and nothing else plus tea or coffee. By dinner time in Melbourne you will be pretty hungry!

Comment

Working...
                                X