No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice to hear that SQ is doing this fly by in Perth. Good for window seat pax as well, not just for those on the ground.

I hope they fly lower than the A380 at NDP2015, which really flew too high for much visual impact...

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
      Nice to hear that SQ is doing this fly by in Perth. Good for window seat pax as well, not just for those on the ground.

I hope they fly lower than the A380 at NDP2015, which really flew too high for much visual impact...
      It is said that the A350 will be flying past at 1500ft, which I think is lower than the A380 one.
      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Yikes! It seems A LOT of people were left disappointed in Perth this afternoon. D: Very underwhelming low fly-by, if you could even call it that.
        Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Search twitter for #sq226. Yes, it seems to be a PR disaster, judging by the number of negative tweets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
            Confirmed:
            http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...from-may-2017/

Singapore Airlines Milan service changes from May 2017

1 Share
            Posted 4 April 2017 04:00
            Jim Liu
            Jim Liu
            Data & Analysis Manager - Airlineroute, Routesonline
            LinkedIn Twitter
            Follow @airlineroute 37,511 followers

Singapore Airlines in last week’s schedule update adjusted planned operational aircraft for Singapore – Milan Malpensa SQ368/367 service, starting 12MAY17. The 1 weekly terminator service will see Airbus A350-900XWB operating, replacing Boeing 777-300ER.

SQ368 SIN2330 – 0610+1MXP 359 5
            SQ367 MXP1300 – 0700+1SIN 359 6

The Star Alliance member on 02APR17 launched A350 service on Singapore – Milan Malpensa – Barcelona route, operating 5 times a week.
            Finally also Milan's Saturdays services will be served by A350.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQMilan View Post
              http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...from-may-2017/

Finally also Milan's Saturdays services will be served by A350.
              It'll be tight but doable once SMM arrives. There sure will be a lot of freed up 77Ws soon while long haul routes still get ancient 772s.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                It'll be tight but doable once SMM arrives. There sure will be a lot of freed up 77Ws soon while long haul routes still get ancient 772s.
                Perhaps more 773s (e.g. 9V-SYG) will leave and the 77Ws will take over these routes? I'm hoping SQ910 to MNL will go 77W permanently some day

Comment

• Airbus has increased the range of the A350-900ULR to 9700nm. Map of areas reachable from SIN: http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?R=9700nm%40SIN&MS=wls&DU=mi

Source: http://www.chinaaviationdaily.com/news/62/62447.html

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                    Yikes! It seems A LOT of people were left disappointed in Perth this afternoon. D: Very underwhelming low fly-by, if you could even call it that.
                    Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                    Search twitter for #sq226. Yes, it seems to be a PR disaster, judging by the number of negative tweets.
                    https://thewest.com.au/travel/air-av...-ng-b88437584z

Unless they were planning to demonstrate Airbus alpha floor protection over the Swan River or do a full airshow routine (Neither of which you really want to do with a plane load of fare paying passengers -- unless they were SQTalkers ), it is highly unlikely that a simple fly by would have been an impressive spectacle.

And a photo competition? Given that plane spotters need huge telephoto lenses to capture a half decent picture of a plane, to invite the man or woman-in-the-street, in all likelihood armed with just a smartphone camera, to take pictures of the A350 in the air is bound to result in pictures of a grey speck on a blue background...

All that said, maybe the saying "there is no such thing as bad publicity" applies here. At least the word is out that SQ flies comfortable widebodies from PER to SIN, rather than the competition's narrowbody 737s and A320s, which can be soul-crushing on a 5 hour sector. I hope all involved can see the humour in all of this, take it in their stride, and move on.

For how to do a proper fly by, see this video of SAA at the 1995 Rugby World Cup.
                    Last edited by yflyer; 6 April 2017, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Actually if i recall correctly, SQ226/225 get 772ERs. So its a brilliant PR tactic to advertise the flyby of an A350.....until people book and realise that the seats are 16 years old.

Comment

• I don't think yesterday's 'fly-by' would have done any harm in the medium or longer term:

- It reinforces the message that SQ is committed to Perth
                        - It reinforces Perth having the A350
                        - And by not flying by at an unnecessarily low altitude, they reinforce a conservative & safety-first approach, which is what most people look for in an airline

It also gave the people of Perth something to do, and to talk about afterwards, so all in all not a bad afternoon's work.

Comment

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
                          Actually if i recall correctly, SQ226/225 get 772ERs. So its a brilliant PR tactic to advertise the flyby of an A350.....until people book and realise that the seats are 16 years old.
                          Exactly! Don't be advertising what you don't offer...

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                            Unless they were planning to demonstrate Airbus alpha floor protection over the Swan River or do a full airshow routine (Neither of which you really want to do with a plane load of fare paying passengers -- unless they were SQTalkers ), it is highly unlikely that a simple fly by would have been an impressive spectacle.
                            We would've insisted, at the very least, a full cuban-8 followed by a 2-point roll.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                              Yikes! It seems A LOT of people were left disappointed in Perth this afternoon. D: Very underwhelming low fly-by, if you could even call it that.
                              Well, they could have asked me. There are strict height regulations regarding aircraft with passengers on board. I remember an aerial display around about 2000 or 2001, which ended up being an endless procession of Cessnas flying past Kings Park. The afternoon SQ departure also did a fly past - at the minimum allowable altitude - which was way too high to impress.

The disappointment for me was that I only found out about it after the event. I am a KF member. I fly SQ regularly from Perth. SQ know all of this. They have my email address and phone number. Yet not a peep from them.

I would have loved to have been on that flight. For me it would have been my first chance to experience an A350, with the added bonus of celebrations at the airport, a water canon salute, and an unusual flight path out of PER. It certainly would have been memorable.

Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
                              Actually if i recall correctly, SQ226/225 get 772ERs. So its a brilliant PR tactic to advertise the flyby of an A350.....until people book and realise that the seats are 16 years old.
                              The hard product is still considerably better than the competition out of PER, in my opinion.

Originally posted by Saltwater View Post
                              - It reinforces the message that SQ is committed to Perth
                              Absolutely. Compare that to our national carrier who withdrew from Perth completely a few years ago (though they are back now - albeit with a pretty poor level of service - certainly no comparison to SQ).

Comment

• Originally posted by DinkumDave View Post
                                Well, they could have asked me. There are strict height regulations regarding aircraft with passengers on board. I remember an aerial display around about 2000 or 2001, which ended up being an endless procession of Cessnas flying past Kings Park. The afternoon SQ departure also did a fly past - at the minimum allowable altitude - which was way too high to impress.

The disappointment for me was that I only found out about it after the event. I am a KF member. I fly SQ regularly from Perth. SQ know all of this. They have my email address and phone number. Yet not a peep from them.

I would have loved to have been on that flight. For me it would have been my first chance to experience an A350, with the added bonus of celebrations at the airport, a water canon salute, and an unusual flight path out of PER. It certainly would have been memorable.

The hard product is still considerably better than the competition out of PER, in my opinion.

Absolutely. Compare that to our national carrier who withdrew from Perth completely a few years ago (though they are back now - albeit with a pretty poor level of service - certainly no comparison to SQ).
                                Thanks for the insiders' insight. It makes a bit more sense now, why SQ did what they did.

Comment

Working...
                                X