• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here goes some of the 77W spare capacity:

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...craft-changes/

SQ806/801 Boeing 777-300ER replaces -300
    SQ800/805 Boeing 777-300 replaces -200

Comment

• Today 12 Feb, SQ323/324 is served by 77WN 9V-SWW (normally served by A359), wondering if it is a last minute change, would SQ have 777 pilots stand by in AMS to bring back 9V-SWW as the previous flights were served by A359. The F seat must be empty also.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
        Today 12 Feb, SQ323/324 is served by 77WN 9V-SWW (normally served by A359), wondering if it is a last minute change, would SQ have 777 pilots stand by in AMS to bring back 9V-SWW as the previous flights were served by A359. The F seat must be empty also.
        They probably called up 2 sets of standby crew and 1 flew the plane to AMS while the other got there as passengers. The crew that flew there as passengers would then fly the plane back and the crew that flew the plane there would return to SG as passengers on a later flight; maybe even the outgoing SQ324. Not exactly sure of SQ's policies for crew rest and stuff regarding flying as passengers but based on what some ex-crew have told me, i'd guess this is roughly what they did. Seeing as F would be empty, that's where the 2nd flight crew would sit, ensuring that they had comfy hard product to rest in.

Comment

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
          They probably called up 2 sets of standby crew and 1 flew the plane to AMS while the other got there as passengers. The crew that flew there as passengers would then fly the plane back and the crew that flew the plane there would return to SG as passengers on a later flight; maybe even the outgoing SQ324. Not exactly sure of SQ's policies for crew rest and stuff regarding flying as passengers but based on what some ex-crew have told me, i'd guess this is roughly what they did. Seeing as F would be empty, that's where the 2nd flight crew would sit, ensuring that they had comfy hard product to rest in.
          Or they will just reposition crew from LHR / FRA.

Comment

Today 12 Feb, SQ323/324 is served by 77WN 9V-SWW (normally served by A359), wondering if it is a last minute change, would SQ have 777 pilots stand by in AMS to bring back 9V-SWW as the previous flights were served by A359. The F seat must be empty also.
            That's an example of weekend demand. They don't have a spare A350 to call on Around the weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
              Will SML be in a long-haul or regional configuration? I recall a forum member mentioned after the 11th aircraft, it would be regional. But SQ hasn't announced the new regional cabins and I highly doubt they plan on fitting the current regional seats on the new A350s.
              IIRC at least the first 20 A359s will be in the long haul configuration.

Comment

Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
                The F cabin did have people in, like you say it was probably the crew.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                  IIRC at least the first 20 A359s will be in the long haul configuration.
                  This probably points to MSN186 as the first regional 359, with delivery currently targeted for 03/18. A couple of data points that could point in this direction - it's the first SQ 359 in the production list not to have an assigned registration on the SMx series, possibly indicating a new series for regional 359s. It's also the first undelivered SQ 359 (other than the imminent SMK) to have a specific month indicated for its delivery date.

Comment

• Looks like SQ217 to MEL is going A350 in Jun.

I have a booking on SQ217 Jun 16 to MEL which was originally an A380 just got notified of equipment swap to A350.

I kinda wish they kept the A380 as I perfer it over the A350

My return on SQ228 is still a 777WR so thats great hope no change

Comment

• Originally posted by alian View Post
                      Looks like SQ217 to MEL is going A350 in Jun.

I have a booking on SQ217 Jun 16 to MEL which was originally an A380 just got notified of equipment swap to A350.

I kinda wish they kept the A380 as I perfer it over the A350

My return on SQ228 is still a 777WR so thats great hope no change
                      I'm on SQ217 in July and I've not been notified. I snagged a window pair in Upper Y so they better not dare change it!

I'm wondering if the swap is one of those random ones where they want to send an A380 to Japan for 3 days. There's no way an A350 has the capacity required for SQ217.

I thought for a moment you had typed SQ207. I was about to jump for joy!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        I'm on SQ217 in July and I've not been notified. I snagged a window pair in Upper Y so they better not dare change it!

I'm wondering if the swap is one of those random ones where they want to send an A380 to Japan for 3 days. There's no way an A350 has the capacity required for SQ217.

I thought for a moment you had typed SQ207. I was about to jump for joy!
                        Nope it's SQ217. Good luck hope there is no swap

Comment

• Originally posted by alian View Post
                          Nope it's SQ217. Good luck hope there is no swap
                          SQ217/218 go from A380 to A350 from May 1. Not sure if an upgrade or downgrade but no A380 into MEL again from May and a reduction in F seats with only overnight F from SIN to MEL.

Comment

• Originally posted by MEL-World View Post
                            SQ217/218 go from A380 to A350 from May 1. Not sure if an upgrade or downgrade but no A380 into MEL again from May and a reduction in F seats with only overnight F from SIN to MEL.
                            That is a lot of capacity they are losing, over 1400 seats a week.

Comment

• I was on SQ217 last Sat. Biz looks full. Didn't check what the load was like in Y. It was 9V-SKE that day. Though I would have loved if they brought back 77WR

Comment

• I have some interesting news- just checked my booking for June/July...

Returning home on SQ217 mid-July:
                                "Aircraft type: Airbus Industrie A380-800"

Clicked on my outbound SQ208 for the end of June:
                                "Aircraft type: Not available"

I'm filled with hope!

Comment

Working...
                                X