No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've read about airlines deferring deliveries and slots given to other customers, but I can't wrap my head around Airbus requesting SQ to cancel 10% of their order. Really hope we'll hear more about it.

Comment

From the financial report:
      It will not materially affect SIA’s fleet renewal or growth
      plans, as adjustments have been made to bring forward deliveries of other A350-900 aircraft on order.
      This doesn't make sense to me. If SQ is releasing earlier production slots for the A350, isn't bringing forward the delivery dates for later aircraft the same as just keeping the earlier production slots?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
        I've read about airlines deferring deliveries and slots given to other customers, but I can't wrap my head around Airbus requesting SQ to cancel 10% of their order. Really hope we'll hear more about it.
        My guess: another carrier made Airbus an offer it couldn't refuse - a nice price for desirable/early slots - and at the same time, SQ figured it could live with 7 fewer aircraft. One of them approached the other, Airbus offered some kind of a sweetener, and both agreed to pitch this as "Airbus' request" to save SQ some face.

Comment

am sure if SIA agrees to it, then it would be also that SIA do not see the need for these frames yet. Otherwise SIA will not agree even if AB gives them some "sweetener".

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
            am sure if SIA agrees to it, then it would be also that SIA do not see the need for these frames yet. Otherwise SIA will not agree even if AB gives them some "sweetener".
            Certainly, but the question is then whether SQ should be a bit more aggressive with expansion. On one hand I wish they would, to claw back their market/mind share, but on the other they have shareholders to account to.

Comment

Cancel the A359 for a profit and buy more 787-10?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...airbus-on-fuel

Yes, the article is >2yrs old but just food for thought..

Comment

post deleted
                Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
                  There's talk of an enhanced A380 being available at the next Airshow so it could be that this is in preparation for that - Airbus do like to store up orders to release with a bang at the air shows. Especially if it's a new model/iteration.
                  Using the same reasoning, but with a different model; could well be Airbus are going to offer the A350 LR version which SQ have been begging for.
                  I would really love for SQ to return to the US (or even start Canada!) non-stop. So either an A380neo or A350 that has the legs and can make the economics work for SQ would be great.

Comment

I am a bit puzzled as most airlines due to receive A350 in late 2015/early 2016 already announced their schedules, and with only 4 - 5 months left till we see the first A350 arriving at SQ, we haven't heard anything about its route, launch time and other promotions about it?

It appears that SQ are not excited about its A350s even they don't care about the new aircraft. Perhaps they are still busy rolling out their Premium Economy at this stage?

And have they received training kits, including flight sim for the A350s?

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                      I am a bit puzzled as most airlines due to receive A350 in late 2015/early 2016 already announced their schedules, and with only 4 - 5 months left till we see the first A350 arriving at SQ, we haven't heard anything about its route, launch time and other promotions about it?

It appears that SQ are not excited about its A350s even they don't care about the new aircraft. Perhaps they are still busy rolling out their Premium Economy at this stage?

Trust me, SQ is excited to take on the A350s. These aircraft will make their long haul operations more profitable and will also allow the airline to expand and open new routes that are not economically viable with their current fleet.

The A350s will likely become the backbone of the SQ fleet by the early 2020s once all the 777s (minus the -300ER) are gone.

I believe one of the first routes for the A350s is SIN-BCN-GRU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post

Since A330 and A350 shares a common type rating, A330 pilots will receive differences training of 8 days and they will ready to take on the new A350. So training is not an issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by webbyboy View Post
                          Since A330 and A350 shares a common type rating, A330 pilots will receive differences training of 8 days and they will ready to take on the new A350. So training is not an issue.
                          But they can't really do that too much as they need pilots to fly to A330's.

Comment

• According to the A350 production website, MSN26 (SQ #1) has moved to station L70 for rework. I'm not exactly sure what rework means, can anyone clarify? Is there something wrong with the early airframes?

Comment

• So we only have Cabin fit, painting and engine attachment not done until they are ready for flight testing! Shouldn't be longer than 3 - 4 months then I suppose?

Comment

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                                According to the A350 production website, MSN26 (SQ #1) has moved to station L70 for rework. I'm not exactly sure what rework means, can anyone clarify? Is there something wrong with the early airframes?
                                Rework generally refers to changes that need to be made after the aircraft leaves the Final Assembly Line (FAL). Typically it would be to 'improve' the aircraft. In the early production of a new aircraft type, it could mean replacing a door or wing with one that has an improved design. This was especially so for the early A380 production models which also required extensive rewiring. The time for rework is expected to be greatly reduced or even removed as aircraft production matures. Rework could also involve non-standard modifications which could not be done during the FAL, eg. an extra galley or toilet. Do note that at this stage of production, the aircraft seats and cockpit avionics have not been installed. These will be installed together with the engines in station S20 after painting.

Currently, the rework stage lasts an average of 3 to 4 months. So msn 26 will only enter the paint hanger in late October or early November though there could be exceptions.

Comment

Working...
                                X