No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Airlines in today’s schedule update (14DEC16) adjusted planned operational aircraft for Singapore – Manchester – Houston route. From 17JAN17, this 5 weekly service will be operated by Airbus A350-900XWB aircraft, replacing 777-300ER.

SQ052 SIN0215 – 0840MAN1010 – 1430IAH 359 x14
    SQ051 IAH1850 – 0940+1MAN1110+1 – 0755+2SIN 359 x14

As a result of the aircraft changes, Singapore – Tokyo Narita SQ638/637 service to be operated by 777-300ER instead of -300, from 17JAN17.
    Everyone: Here's your answer about the A350 being deployed to MAN/IAH. Good time to know this route will finally get the new cabin products.

Also, as a poster stated 638/637 go back to 77W, for now I will assume 2006 77W for 638/637 as HND will likely retain the 77WN on 636/631. Or it could go 77WN as well who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
      They could even put it back on the MEL route (207/208). Also, speaking of SYD, so far they have not announced it going A350, any plans for SQ to eventually introduce it (Like an extra flight operated by the A333)?
      For the NS schedule, the flights are operated by a mix of 77W and A380. Except for the 3 weekly 251/252 which is operated by the 772. So, not likely.

Comment

• I am booked IAH-MAN on Jan 11. Looks like I am getting the final days of the 2006 business class product

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaceboy1 View Post
          What routes will SMI and SMK be covering?
          They are the two needed to cover MAN/IAH flights.

Comment

• Yep, the entire route switches over on 17 Jan now in one hit.

That means last week was definitely my last SQ F flight to MAN.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Yep, the entire route switches over on 17 Jan now in one hit.

Any chance we see a A350 on that route before 17 Jan? Maybe on a one off basis?

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                Yep, the entire route switches over on 17 Jan now in one hit.

Oh no! What will MAN Flyer do now?!?
                HUGE AL

Comment

Any chance we see a A350 on that route before 17 Jan? Maybe on a one off basis?
                  Unlikely? Crewing issues.

Comment

• My mother reached India (by MI) a few hours ago. And this is her opinion of the A350:

It was a very comfortable flight, but as expected the aisles were narrower compared to that of the Boeing 777-300ER of 9-abreast. She was well fed and hydrated which is extremely important. I don't know about the headphone stuff because I did not get her a headset jack as mine is coming on Wednesday. She enjoyed the new plane smell as well. As far as the entertainment system, she said she loved the 3D map app so much better than the 2D offered on the 2006 77W/A333. And you can also tell the seats were more comfortable than the last SQ trip she took. Food was okay to her tasting though. With that being said, she prefers the 77W as far as narrowness and tightness. I think unless I ever fly J or S, the A350 sounds like it might not be for me to step foot on unless it operates short haul.

Comment

• In the upcoming months I'll have two return flights from AMS to SIN in the A350. So quite long haul. Despite the fact the aircraft obviously feels less roomier and has slightly smaller seats than SIA's 77W, I'm really looking forward to it. I'll share my experience on this forum.
                      Last edited by LeisureFlyer; 20 December 2016, 05:48 AM.

Comment

• 9V-SMI has had her final registration applied. Delivery will take place this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                          9V-SMI has had her final registration applied. Delivery will take place this week.
                          Interesting.. Could it start servicing IAH-MAN early?

Comment

Possibly. It also depends on bookings and passenger loads and whether they can be re-accommodated.

If there is an aircraft change way in advance and your seats have been changed, SQ will send out an email to you.

Comment

Not based on previous patterns. When they've announced a switch-over date, it has generally happened on that date. They've been extra careful to "deliver as promised" with the A350 introductions. You could get really lucky, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. Sorry...

Comment

• Is MAN-IAH still being serviced by 77w with the 2006 business class or have there been reports of 2013 products on that route? (maybe in one off basis)?

Comment

Working...
                                X