No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any estimates on when MAN-IAH gets the A350? Early January?

Comment

• 9V-SMH on the take-off run for her Delivery Flight.

Comment

• 9V-SMH is approaching Singapore this morning, whilst 9V-SMG just took off and doing her first commercial flight to CGK

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/9v-smg

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/9v-smh

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
          9V-SMH on the take-off run for her Delivery Flight.

Wow, they're really not exaggerating about the current smog problem over France. Every other picture thus far has been crystal clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaceboy1 View Post
            Any estimates on when MAN-IAH gets the A350? Early January?
            SMG and SMH appear to be designated for DME and HND which will be in place in two stages by 03JAN. This will effectively mean that they have an entire A350 surplus to requirements, however, building up a safety net in case of tech faults.

DME only needs one plane as it can interwork with DUS as together they are a daily service across the week. HND could be supplied without an additional plane by way of deployment gaps.

A summary of theoretical craft allocation thus far would look like this:
            SMA, B, C = AMS & SFO
            SMD, E = JNB/CPT & HND
            SMF, G = DUS or DME & CGK or KUL
            SMH = back-up

MAN/IAH will be complex, as an aircaft by itself requires a 3-day turn around to head back out on the same flight. Two planes could cover 4 out of 5 days, but the fifth weekly flight will be a stretch. We will need to see SMJ arrive before MAN/IAH could go fully A350.

I also took a look at CPH and MXP/BCN to check for any interworking efficiencies, given none of them fly daily. On Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, all three destinations have a departing flight, meaning that no matter what way you look at it, they would require together 7 additional craft. Between the hours of 0215 and 0555 is the peak time for A350 requirements.

While CPH would allow retirement of at least one old 772, MAN/IAH and MXP/BCN would leave an awful lot of 77Ws up for reassignment, which leads me to think CPH might go A350 prior to MXP, as we know that MAN/IAH is the first of these 3 destinations.

Comment

• 9V-SMH has landed at Changi. 8 A350s in the fleet with 9V-SMI arriving either next week or the next.👍😃

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                SMG and SMH appear to be designated for DME and HND which will be in place in two stages by 03JAN. This will effectively mean that they have an entire A350 surplus to requirements, however, building up a safety net in case of tech faults.

DME only needs one plane as it can interwork with DUS as together they are a daily service across the week. HND could be supplied without an additional plane by way of deployment gaps.

A summary of theoretical craft allocation thus far would look like this:
                SMA, B, C = AMS & SFO
                SMD, E = JNB/CPT & HND
                SMF, G = DUS or DME & CGK or KUL
                SMH = back-up

MAN/IAH will be complex, as an aircaft by itself requires a 3-day turn around to head back out on the same flight. Two planes could cover 4 out of 5 days, but the fifth weekly flight will be a stretch. We will need to see SMJ arrive before MAN/IAH could go fully A350.

I also took a look at CPH and MXP/BCN to check for any interworking efficiencies, given none of them fly daily. On Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, all three destinations have a departing flight, meaning that no matter what way you look at it, they would require together 7 additional craft. Between the hours of 0215 and 0555 is the peak time for A350 requirements.

While CPH would allow retirement of at least one old 772, MAN/IAH and MXP/BCN would leave an awful lot of 77Ws up for reassignment, which leads me to think CPH might go A350 prior to MXP, as we know that MAN/IAH is the first of these 3 destinations.
                Excellent, I appreciate your explanation. IAH is my home base currently but beginning in January I will be traveling to the Northern UK quite often and am leaning towards using SQ's IAH-MAN route a lot. I assume my first trip Jan 11 will be on a 77W with the older J hard product?

Comment

• Hi Spaceboy

If you are travelling between Houston and the northern UK, SQ51/52 is a no-brainer.

Enjoy!

Comment

• Two A350's being delivered in 1 weekend? Very impressive. Now it will be able to do DME and HND this week as a poster mentioned. When hearing that SMH got delivered, I almost laughed to myself saying SMH = Shake My Head maybe because maybe the A350's in the beginning got delivered late You know I'm joking.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                      Two A350's being delivered in 1 weekend? Very impressive. Now it will be able to do DME and HND this week as a poster mentioned. When hearing that SMH got delivered, I almost laughed to myself saying SMH = Shake My Head maybe because maybe the A350's in the beginning got delivered late You know I'm joking.
                      Alternatively, SMH for Sydney customers could mean Sydney Morning Herald.

I just wondering what happened to SQ 890/891, with the spare A350, couldn't they just reintroducing A350 on this premium route with the spare A350 (if any)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                        Alternatively, SMH for Sydney customers could mean Sydney Morning Herald.

I just wondering what happened to SQ 890/891, with the spare A350, couldn't they just reintroducing A350 on this premium route with the spare A350 (if any)?
                        They could even put it back on the MEL route (207/208). Also, speaking of SYD, so far they have not announced it going A350, any plans for SQ to eventually introduce it (Like an extra flight operated by the A333)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaceboy1 View Post
                          Any estimates on when MAN-IAH gets the A350? Early January?
                          The initial plan was for the first flights to start switching mid-Feb(ish) and full transition pretty quickly after so complete by the end of March latest. This was dependent on 350's arriving, and they seem to be arriving like buses at the moment. Airbus must be trying to get their sales figures up before the end of the year...

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            The initial plan was for the first flights to start switching mid-Feb(ish) and full transition pretty quickly after so complete by the end of March latest. This was dependent on 350's arriving, and they seem to be arriving like buses at the moment. Airbus must be trying to get their sales figures up before the end of the year...
                            All they need now is two more by the end of March and this incredibly likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                              All they need now is two more by the end of March and this incredibly likely.
                              Definitely two more by early January 2017. SMI will most likely be delivered by end of next week and SMK in early January. SMJ is due out of paint soon. It should be delivered by end March.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                                Definitely two more by early January 2017. SMI will most likely be delivered by end of next week and SMK in early January. SMJ is due out of paint soon. It should be delivered by end March.
                                What routes will SMI and SMK be covering?

Comment

Working...
                                X