A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ319 View Post
    I still remember the time when 638/NRT was the 3rd A380 destination after SYD and LHR, but those were the days before HND opened to international traffic.

Don't think those seats were empty, just that the traffic was diverted from NRT to HND. HND now has decent products too, with 632 being served with 77W and 636 served with the 77WR. It's so much more convenient to travel from HND compared to NRT.
    I think 636/631 are served with 77WN, and only one instance I recall it got a 77WR. But anyway, it's good to know that some of the 77W routes like HND are getting the 359 for the daytime rounds in between the flights departing at night. Even though it's only a few times a week, I guess it could free up one (or more) 77W that will be going in for a refit.

It's also possible MXP/BCN could get a 77WR or A350 as many mentioned First Class is being cut on those routes. Guess to me sounds like A350 replacements for those routes that are cutting on First Class, also leaving room for those original 77W to get refitted to 4-class 77WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
      I think 636/631 are served with 77WN, and only one instance I recall it got a 77WR.
      I always get my 77WR and 77WN mixed up so I'm sure you're right, being the fanatic as your handle suggests.

Comment

I always get my 77WR and 77WN mixed up so I'm sure you're right, being the fanatic as your handle suggests.
        No problem at all. I know this because of course if there's ever a 77WN in maintenance, 2006 77W will take over for the night HND flight, plus most of the time, if SQ1's frame goes elsewhere (like CGK, DXB, LHR, etc), SQ631 arrives 3 hours just with a good turnaround time to do SQ2.

Comment

I still remember the time when 638/NRT was the 3rd A380 destination after SYD and LHR, but those were the days before HND opened to international traffic.

Don't think those seats were empty, just that the traffic was diverted from NRT to HND. HND now has decent products too, with 632 being served with 77W and 636 served with the 77WR. It's so much more convenient to travel from HND compared to NRT.
          Agreed... NRT for non-domestic transits and HND if you are actually headed into Tokyo if you asked me...
          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
            From Airlineroute:

Singapore Airlines starting next month is launching 2 Airbus A350-900XWB operating routes, reflected in today’s schedule update. Planned new A350 routes as follow.

eff 13DEC16 Singapore – Tokyo Haneda A350 operates SQ632/633 5 times a week
            SQ632 SIN0805 – 1535HND 359 x14
            SQ632 SIN0805 – 1535HND 77W 14
            SQ634 SIN1405 – 2140HND 773 D
            SQ636 SIN2245 – 0620+1HND 77W D

SQ631 HND0850 – 1525SIN 77W D
            SQ633 HND1640 – 2320SIN 359 x14
            SQ633 HND1640 – 2320SIN 77W 14
            SQ635 HND2250 – 0525+1SIN 773 D

eff 15DEC16 Singapore – Moscow Domodedovo A350 operates on 2 of 4 weekly service
            SQ362 SIN0015 – 0620DME 359 14
            SQ362 SIN0015 – 0620DME 77W 26

SQ361 DME1445 – 0615+1SIN 359 14
            SQ361 DME1445 – 0615+1SIN 77W 26
            That means that 9V-SMG will definitely be arriving before 13 Dec. SQ can comfortably cover these 2 destinations with just 1 bird.

Comment

• Checking the A350 production list website I've noticed a duplicate registration for SMK. Could be just a typo but what's interesting is that the first of them is marked as in storage which doesn't seem to be a usual status for any of the other airframes. Was just wondering if anyone more familiar with the matter could shed some light.

On the bright side of things, both SMG and SMH are ready to fly and looks like SMI will do so before the end of the month with SMJ joining the fleet in January next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaniard View Post
                Checking the A350 production list website I've noticed a duplicate registration for SMK. Could be just a typo but what's interesting is that the first of them is marked as in storage which doesn't seem to be a usual status for any of the other airframes. Was just wondering if anyone more familiar with the matter could shed some light.

On the bright side of things, both SMG and SMH are ready to fly and looks like SMI will do so before the end of the month with SMJ joining the fleet in January next year.
                It's likely to be a typo with SMK appearing twice. According to a parallel A350 production site website, msn 84 (SMK) is currently in the paint hanger. We will have to wait for sightings of SMK in SQ colours in about a week or so to be sure of this. It's likely to be reliable as the A350 Production list has been known to be slow in updating.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                  It's likely to be a typo with SMK appearing twice. According to a parallel A350 production site website, msn 84 (SMK) is currently in the paint hanger. We will have to wait for sightings of SMK in SQ colours in about a week or so to be sure of this. It's likely to be reliable as the A350 Production list has been known to be slow in updating.
                  Thanks SQKevin, seems they just updated it to rename MSN 99 as SML instead of a duplicate SMK.

Comment

• Confirmed in 2017 for SIN-MAN-IAH. No precise date, perhaps it will be a phased change of equipment. A daily operation is the next hurdle to overcome (if the switch to A350 is intended not to cut capacity).

https://www.businesstraveller.com/ai...-service-2017/

Comment

• Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
                      Confirmed in 2017 for SIN-MAN-IAH. No precise date, perhaps it will be a phased change of equipment. A daily operation is the next hurdle to overcome (if the switch to A350 is intended not to cut capacity).

https://www.businesstraveller.com/ai...-service-2017/
                      My guess could be in mid January when Christmas/New Year travel season is over. There you have it folks, our next US route for the A350 which many have long projected and are correct.

Frees up another 2 77W then.

Comment

• SMH (foreground) and SMG (background) on the Flight Line. Both have had their first engine run and are awaiting RTO and First Flights. Definitely December deliveries.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                          SMH (foreground) and SMG (background) on the Flight Line. Both have had their first engine run and are awaiting RTO and First Flights. Definitely December deliveries.

Awesome. So it will cover DME and HND, and gradually, depending on when the official date is,MAN/IAH.

Comment

• 9V-SMG has just taken off on her First Flight.

Other updates.
                            9V-SMI rolled out onto the Flight Line today.

We now have 3 SQ A350s on the Flight Line and scheduled for delivery in December. That makes 9 A350s in the SQ fleet by the end of 2016.

Comment

• Wow, that's fabulous news!

Thank you for the update, SQKevin!
                              Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                                Wow, that's fabulous news!

Thank you for the update, SQKevin!
                                You are welcome, 9V-SPL!

Comment

Working...
                                X