No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it me or does the vertical stabilizer look small for an aircraft that size?

Comment

Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
      Msn 26 parked at Station A11.

Are the 2 planes behind MSN26 also belongs to Singapore Airlines?

Comment

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
        Are the 2 planes behind MSN26 also belongs to Singapore Airlines?
        No, they are not. Msn 30 (SQ#2) and Msn 31 (SQ#3) are still in Station 40 undergoing final assembly.

Comment

Another picture of Msn 26.

Last edited by SQKevin; 24 July 2015, 04:20 PM. Reason: Resized photo

Comment

Here is yet another picture of Msn 26. Can't wait for it to be painted.

Comment

Stunning airliner, especially with those winglets.

Comment

Originally posted by shikhargpt View Post
                It's not 9V-SUA (picture by Tan Kianwei).

Whoever wrote that response doesn't have a fantastic mastery of English.

Can someone please confirm for me that the font of the header would be that chosen by the recipient within the email app and not how SIA would choose to represent themselves...

Comment

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
                  Stunning airliner, especially with those winglets.
                  Agreed. I'm quite surprised at how good it really looks. Something really quite right about the nose and the cockpit windows which only makes the A380 look more and more like an inflated rubber glove.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                    Can someone please confirm for me that the font of the header would be that chosen by the recipient within the email app and not how SIA would choose to represent themselves...
                    That font is indeed chosen by the recipient. It's a very common font for Samsung phones. Personally, I can't stand it. In my opinion it looks too childish.

On another note, it's nice to see the first SQ A350 emerge from the assembly line. Does anyone know how long this phase takes before painting?

Comment

Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                      That font is indeed chosen by the recipient. It's a very common font for Samsung phones. Personally, I can't stand it. In my opinion it looks too childish.

On another note, it's nice to see the first SQ A350 emerge from the assembly line. Does anyone know how long this phase takes before painting?
                      On the average, based on those A350s that have been painted, it has taken about 3 months or more from the time the aircraft leaves the final assembly area till it enters the paint hanger. Then it will take about 3 weeks for the painting to be completed. So, Msn 26 should enter the paint hanger end October or early November if all goes fine with outdoor testing and rework. We should see Msn 26 in full SQ colours sometime in November.

Comment

Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
                        That thing just looks 'ill' to me.

Comment

SQ's A350 order has been reduced from 70 to 63 by request from Airbus.

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/business...airbus-request

Comment

Very curious what the deal was. Will it be replaced with ULR 350's when it gets launched? 7 planes will allow it to do 3 destinations, I would imagine.

Comment

The SIA report adds that '...It will not materially affect SIA’s fleet renewal or growth plans, as adjustments have been made to bring forward deliveries of other A350-900 aircraft on order. SIA also has lease extension options on some of the A330-300s already in service.'

http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/Inve...liate_id=11001

Comment

Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                                The SIA report adds that '...It will not materially affect SIA’s fleet renewal or growth plans, as adjustments have been made to bring forward deliveries of other A350-900 aircraft on order. SIA also has lease extension options on some of the A330-300s already in service.'
                                They missed out another sentence: "In addition, SIA continues to operate its fleet of vintage B777-200 and -300 aircraft on select routes with less elastic premium demand."

Comment

Working...
                                X