A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
    When will the regionally-configured A350s start to be delivered?
    The regionally-configured A350 will start with the 12th aircraft (9V-SML).

Comment

• Originally posted by SQMilan View Post
      Here in Milan Singapore Airlines announced few days ago that it will introduce PE from Milan soon.
      Hi SQMilan,

Do you have any source for this announcement? I can't find anything anywhere. With thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
        When will the regionally-configured A350s start to be delivered?
        Will the regional A350s have the Recaro seats?
        Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
          Are they not using a different registration series for the regionally-configured subfleet?

Comment

Just wonder what your source is please?

Comment

• Given the number of rumoured A350 services to Europe, and the SFO service, I'd be surprised if a batch of regional A350s came now (but then again I don't run an airline!!)

Perhaps a redeployment of B77Ws and reduction of routes like GRU and the few new A380s will permit the desired expansion?

Comment

• The non-stop A350 service will not have any inflight sales cart to keep the aircraft weight optimal for the ultra longhaul service.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
                  Given the number of rumoured A350 services to Europe, and the SFO service, I'd be surprised if a batch of regional A350s came now (but then again I don't run an airline!!)

Perhaps a redeployment of B77Ws and reduction of routes like GRU and the few new A380s will permit the desired expansion?
                  All reports indicate that the new A380s will be used to replace the first five A380s on a 1-to-1 basis, not expansion.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                    Just wonder what your source is please?
                    There are at least 2 sources indicating this, although the first source indicates it will be from the 11th A350 (9V-SMK) to be delivered.

1st source from Australian Business Traveller, which quotes a SQ regional VP.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-ai...m-range-config

2nd source is from the usual A350 XWB Production site.
                    https://sites.google.com/site/a350xw...tion/xtra-info

From both sources, there is a strong indication that this will start with the 2017 deliveries.

Comment

• Originally posted by inkoherent View Post
                      Are they not using a different registration series for the regionally-configured subfleet?
                      With 67 A350s, they are bound to start a new registration series. SQ will probably use a different registration series for the regionally-configured planes, similar to what they did with the 777s.

Comment

There are at least 2 sources indicating this, although the first source indicates it will be from the 11th A350 (9V-SMK) to be delivered.

1st source from Australian Business Traveller, which quotes a SQ regional VP.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-ai...m-range-config

2nd source is from the usual A350 XWB Production site.
                        https://sites.google.com/site/a350xw...tion/xtra-info

From both sources, there is a strong indication that this will start with the 2017 deliveries.
                        The second one isn't reliable.

The first one say they will come in 2017 from the 11th AC. However I thought that the plan was to deliver upto 14 in 2016? So those figures don't match up.

Comment

• A350 production ramp-up has not gone particularly smoothly. It's not even the planes themselves - it's the interiors that are the source of delays. I can believe the plan may have been up to 14 in 2016 at the start of the year. But unless the suppliers dig themselves out of a deep hole, that's probably not happening anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
                            A350 production ramp-up has not gone particularly smoothly. It's not even the planes themselves - it's the interiors that are the source of delays. I can believe the plan may have been up to 14 in 2016 at the start of the year. But unless the suppliers dig themselves out of a deep hole, that's probably not happening anymore.
                            I believe its the Zodiac products that have cause the issues, with the A350 I believe its the lavatories. 2 BA 787-9's had to be pulled off the production line due to the lack of seats. They why they have been delivered out of sequence.

Comment

• Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
                              All reports indicate that the new A380s will be used to replace the first five A380s on a 1-to-1 basis, not expansion.
                              Fair point - makes the rumoured introduction of regional A350s more confusing. I thought the B787 was due to replace the A330s?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
                                Fair point - makes the rumoured introduction of regional A350s more confusing. I thought the B787 was due to replace the A330s?
                                The information that SQ will roll out the A350 with regional configuration is not really new (it was posted here in early 2015).
                                The good news is, that it will have likely have he same J-seats as the A350 in longhaul configuration.

And, with the rumor that SQ plans to start LCC-Flights into Europe with its subsidiary Scoot, we cant be sure that the 787-10 are really added into SQs fleet in the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X