A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A350 to Copenhagen?

Hello, does anyone know if the A350 will fly to Copenhagen anytime soon?

https://sites.google.com/site/a350xwbproduction/routes

According to this source it says so.
    Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• I spoke to KF call centre re this same question. According to the agent, no plans at this stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
        Hello, does anyone know if the A350 will fly to Copenhagen anytime soon?

https://sites.google.com/site/a350xwbproduction/routes

According to this source it says so.
        There were strong rumours and hints circling about last year that CPH could be the first, if not a very early candidate for the A350. This was coupled with talk of a stronger codesharing alliance with SK and the flight going daily instead of 5x weekly. As this source is an amateur site, I'd say that's how they are basing this prediction.

Then the big announcement of AMS being the launch route and DUS being the second, followed by announcements that F bookings for some/all of BCN, GRU and MXP flights were being terminated and suddenly CPH was no longer looking like the favourite.

I'm pretty sure that a daily A350 service to CPH is highly likely, but it's a question of when. Maybe around the time they take delivery of SMG/SMH would be my guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          There were strong rumours and hints circling about last year that CPH could be the first, if not a very early candidate for the A350. This was coupled with talk of a stronger codesharing alliance with SK and the flight going daily instead of 5x weekly. As this source is an amateur site, I'd say that's how they are basing this prediction.

Then the big announcement of AMS being the launch route and DUS being the second, followed by announcements that F bookings for some/all of BCN, GRU and MXP flights were being terminated and suddenly CPH was no longer looking like the favourite.

I'm pretty sure that a daily A350 service to CPH is highly likely, but it's a question of when. Maybe around the time they take delivery of SMG/SMH would be my guess.
          Ok, thanks for the reply!
          Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
            9V-SMB back from its First Flight.

When is SMB getting delivered to SIN to start service? Signs by your post are possibly sometime this week. How about SMC? Should work out for 2 frames for a daily AMS flight in May.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
              When is SMB getting delivered to SIN to start service? Signs by your post are possibly sometime this week. How about SMC? Should work out for 2 frames for a daily AMS flight in May.
              9V-SMB has done just one test flight. Going by the earlier frames & 9V-SMA, there will be 3-6 test flights before delivery. This could take 3-4 weeks. So if the April delivery schedule is kept for 9V-SMB, this will be in the last week of April. So 2 frames will be sufficient to launch the daily AMS flights in May.

9V-SMC, currently undergoing cabin fit, should be rolled out in a week or two onto the Flight Line. Again if there are no delays, 9V-SMC should be delivered before the end of May.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                9V-SMB has done just one test flight. Going by the earlier frames & 9V-SMA, there will be 3-6 test flights before delivery. This could take 3-4 weeks. So if the April delivery schedule is kept for 9V-SMB, this will be in the last week of April. So 2 frames will be sufficient to launch the daily AMS flights in May.

9V-SMC, currently undergoing cabin fit, should be rolled out in a week or two onto the Flight Line. Again if there are no delays, 9V-SMC should be delivered before the end of May.
                9V-SMD also undergoing cabin fit as well so I suppose by June perhaps we should have at least 4 A350s ready for Singapore Airlines? I am sure Daily AMS and 4x weekly DUS doesn't need more than 3 planes to do, so I suppose we might see new destinations being added as the result? I hope HKG will be next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                  9V-SMD also undergoing cabin fit as well so I suppose by June perhaps we should have at least 4 A350s ready for Singapore Airlines? I am sure Daily AMS and 4x weekly DUS doesn't need more than 3 planes to do, so I suppose we might see new destinations being added as the result? I hope HKG will be next.
                  DUS is only 3x weekly to begin otherwise they would need a fourth plane once a week. 3 A350s are enough to cover both AMS and DUS and they seem to be acting very cautiously with launch dates.

What we are going to see are two distinct groups of destinations form. All of the long hauls rumoured or confirmed have a common element- they leave around midnight and return at dawn, basically 1.25 days later. In the case of GRU, 2.25 days later. Every new delivery will allow another such flight to go A350 every alternate day.

The second group of destinations will be the flights that fit these gaps. Any return flight that leaves after 0730 and returns by 2100 and has a passenger profile suited to the 359 will be a candidate.

Comment

• MAN is 'supposed' to going four times a week sans MUC initially as well. That's the latest/current version anyway...

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      MAN is 'supposed' to going four times a week sans MUC initially as well. That's the latest/current version anyway...
                      Man Flyer - What is supposed to happen with MUC?

Assume the new MAN service is on the A359 with similar timings (and is there any intention to move to daily)?
                      Last edited by Dobbo; 6 April 2016, 09:24 PM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        MAN is 'supposed' to going four times a week sans MUC initially as well. That's the latest/current version anyway...
                        Cannot wait!

Comment

• 9V-SMB is currently doing her second flight.

Comment

• Second Flight

Comment

• Re: MUC

it looks like the first preparatory steps are being put in place to develop SQs codeshare feed (via Lufthansa, but also Swiss) at MUC in order that MUC-SIN can standalone.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...om-april-2016/

Comment

• Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
                                Re: MUC

it looks like the first preparatory steps are being put in place to develop SQs codeshare feed (via Lufthansa, but also Swiss) at MUC in order that MUC-SIN can standalone.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...om-april-2016/
                                Does SQ have codeshares on VS' flights from MAN?

Comment

Working...
                                X