No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks SQFG! it seems 19A and K are the seats to go for. Am I reading it correctly that the pitch is now longer than the same J seats on the B77W? If this is the case, then this is indeed a welcome change.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD View Post
      Thanks SQFG! it seems 19A and K are the seats to go for. Am I reading it correctly that the pitch is now longer than the same J seats on the B77W? If this is the case, then this is indeed a welcome change.
      Allow me to go into detail about this metric : by definition pitch is one point on one seat to the same point on the next : if so I THINK it feels like more pitch.

Does this mean the bed is longer? : No. I believe the entire bed length is very similar to the 77WN/WR only that it is provided to you in a narrower but longer "box" or square - that is the seat assembly (the whole unit) . The bed is as a consequence slightly straighter ahead.

Does this mean that the seat is narrower : No. From my butt feel - the padded portion (as opposed to the entire seat assembly/complex) feels the same. The entire seat complex seems narrower though - meaning the storage side areas/ not put your bum on areas - also feels a bit narrower.

Overall square footage? I'd be surprised if they were significantly different.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        Yeah - it looks that way but isn't and you're right it probably was the camera angle. Certainly i tried all the variations aboard and 19K (and A) easily felt the most spacious to me.
        Appreciate it! I figured as much.
        Last edited by SQflyergirl; 13 March 2016, 10:38 PM.
        HUGE AL

Comment

• Some of my shots, sorry it took so long!

IFA #1

Last edited by Kyo; 13 March 2016, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• Finally, my seat for the flight, right behind StarG in the seat of choice, 19K!

Immediately he pointed out the cosiness of the mini cabin. Indeed, all the SQTalkers had chosen seats in the mini cabin instead of the main forward one!

Quinjoe demonstrates how to use the side baggage compartment.

IFA#2. Never seen an Inflight Auditor before? Neither had I, until now. In fact, there were two onboard this flight

Artistic shot prior to take-off...

Photos of the rest of the shenanigans were taken on my iPhone...

Comment

• Great pics, Kyo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                IFA#2. Never seen an Inflight Auditor before? Neither had I, until now. In fact, there were two onboard this flight
                Actually according to one of the IFAs I spoke to on the flight, there were 6-7 of them onboard. I don't believe the IFA#1 you indicated was one of them though.
                The male IFAs has yellow ties.

Great pictures SQflyergirl and Kyo!
                Last edited by StarG; 14 March 2016, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
                  Actually according to one of the IFAs I spoke to on the flight, there were 6-7 of them onboard. I don't believe the IFA#1 you indicated was one of them though.
                  LOL StarG always has the inside track.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

There were only 3 IA's on my flight, because there were MANY more VIPs on your flight

I only had 3 IA's and 3 IFS's

Comment

• Thanks so much for the great photos everyone.

I won't get a go on the A359 for at least eight months.

Kyo I love that last photo.

Comment

Great pictures SQflyergirl and Kyo!
                        Then there were two in the J cabin, I didn't see the rest, perhaps they were at the back?

The person I refer to as IFA#1, I think, was actually quite active in the earlier part pre-departure. She was writing something up (a report, perhaps?) in her notes during the very short flight.
                        Originally posted by SQ238 View Post
                        Thanks so much for the great photos everyone.

Kyo I love that last photo.
                        Thank you, me too! The way the liveries lined up, perfect!

Comment

• The delivery schedule of MSN 30 (9V-SMB) appears to have slipped just a bit: it looks like it will be an April delivery now.

Comment

• Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
                            The delivery schedule of MSN 30 (9V-SMB) appears to have slipped just a bit: it looks like it will be an April delivery now.
                            She was rolled out onto the flight line yesterday. A March delivery is scheduled unless there are outstanding problems to be fixed.

Comment

• Excellent pictures SQFlyergirl and Kyo.

How many frames will they have by the time they start AMS in May? Hopefully it will be at least 2-3 frames for rotation for AMS.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                                She was rolled out onto the flight line yesterday. A March delivery is scheduled unless there are outstanding problems to be fixed.
                                The info I have states three more frames are scheduled for March delivery: MSN 27 (TAM), MSN 22 (AY), MSN 21 (QR). MSN 23 (AY again) is the first April delivery before SMB.

March is halfway done, so if SMB was going to be a March delivery it would have to go from first flight to TAC in just two weeks. That is fast, especially since it would be SQ's second frame. The schedule says QR is going to try for just that with MSN 21, but that would be their 9th frame, not their second. A month appears to be closer for airlines with fewer A350s delivered.

I have a hard time believing that SMB will make it to March given Airbus's current pace and what's ahead of it in the pipeline. If there was a chance it was going to be delivered in March, it should have performed its first flight by now.

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                                How many frames will they have by the time they start AMS in May? Hopefully it will be at least 2-3 frames for rotation for AMS.
                                Same source I saw has MSN 31 as an (early) May delivery. So chances are they'll have two on hand to start, with perhaps one more delivered or very close to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X