A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    Great pictures. The photobucket link shows they have the 3D map like the 77WR and SWZ. Hopefully the other SQ 77WN get the 3D map apps. The seats look similar to the 77WN but the shape is slightly different to give it a regional look. Also what Wifi was offered? T-Mobile or OnAir?
    That was T-Mobile

Comment

• Very nice pics, Spaniard and SQflyergirl!

The interiors look very similar to the 77WN products, although there appear to be differences as well.

I wonder if the A350 J seat is smaller than the 77WN J seat?

The PEY seats look slightly different from the A380 PEY seats.

Didn't anyone venture into the rear cabin to see how the Y pax were doing? I am guessing SQ doesn't sell PEY seats on this route, so some lucky Y pax got to sit in PEY?

Originally posted by Durian View Post
      Ang moh Durian
      Interestingly, there are durians, and there are also ang moh durians i.e. another tropical fruit here called a soursop (See No.6 on this list). Both delicious...
      Last edited by yflyer; 10 March 2016, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
        I wonder if the A350 J seat is smaller than the 77WN J seat?
        Maybe a very tiny amount narrower (maybe) - with a tiny amount taken from the aisles also, but front to back pitch seems to be a bit greater.

Leads me to believe that the square footage is very similar, but more in an elongated rectangle than a square (if you can imagine that)

Comment

• Didn't see anyone highlighting this but Seats 48A and 48K seem special ? Don't see this on other SQ birds..

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
            Very nice pics, Spaniard and SQflyergirl!
            Didn't anyone venture into the rear cabin to see how the Y pax were doing? I am guessing SQ doesn't sell PEY seats on this route, so some lucky Y pax got to sit in PEY?

Interestingly, there are durians, and there are also ang moh durians i.e. another tropical fruit here called a soursop (See No.6 on this list). Both delicious...
            Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
            Didn't see anyone highlighting this but Seats 48A and 48K seem special ? Don't see this on other SQ birds..
            I have to admit, none of us ventured into the back. But I did have a long hard look at PEY, and Y in the cabin behind for all of 12 seconds.

It was a very full flight indeed. I was meant to be in the first row of Y if my J-Up didn't go through. Luckily, not the case!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              I have to admit, none of us ventured into the back. But I did have a long hard look at PEY, and Y in the cabin behind for all of 12 seconds.
              Wonder how many of the Y pax even knew they were on an A350. Did the "new plane smell" give it away? Any water cannon salute on the KUL end?

Comment

• No water salute in KUL. Tight turnarounds (especially with their Super VIP doing exactly that) probably meant no dilly-dallying

(I kid, I kid)

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                  Maybe a very tiny amount narrower (maybe) - with a tiny amount taken from the aisles also, but front to back pitch seems to be a bit greater.

Leads me to believe that the square footage is very similar, but more in an elongated rectangle than a square (if you can imagine that)

Is that the curve of the fuselage I see at 11K ?.

Which would probably explain this comment:

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                  11K is dead. Long live 19K !
                  I think I may have to see if I can slip in a quick trip to KUL next week to investigate...

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    Is that the curve of the fuselage I see at 11K ?.

Which would probably explain this comment:

I think I may have to see if I can slip in a quick trip to KUL next week to investigate...
                    That is PRECISELY why I made the comment. It's awfully close to 11F, and a bit narrower than the other seats too..

Long Live 19K !

Comment

• For what it's worth, on the delivery flight the SIA CEO was seated in... 19A.

Comment

• Part of the design program of the A350 was to remove fuselage curvage so that there were no "dud seats" created, I thought. I'll be interested to see how that functions at the very rear- right to the furthest row it is stil 3-3-3. My main issue with A340s in particular (and to some extent the A330) is the uncomfortable seat arrangements the curvage generates compared with the relatively straighter B777. Maybe the A350 just pushed the problem up the front?

Comment

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                          Didn't see anyone highlighting this but Seats 48A and 48K seem special ? Don't see this on other SQ birds..
                          Here's a picture I took on AY's A350, which has the same number of seats in this cabin as SQ. It appears that door 3 intrudes into the cabin, hence the missing seat.

QR (according to their seat map) does not have a missing seat, but it has one fewer row of seats in this cabin than AY/SQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            That is PRECISELY why I made the comment. It's awfully close to 11F, and a bit narrower than the other seats too..

Long Live 19K !
                            SQFG, from your pictures that I've gone back and forth with numerous times, 19K looks like it has less pitch than any other seat. The foothold looks almost nonexistent. I'm assuming this is simply a camera angle thing and when seen up close in person, your advice holds true as you ARE "The Expert."
                            HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                              SQFG, from your pictures that I've gone back and forth with numerous times, 19K looks like it has less pitch than any other seat. The foothold looks almost nonexistent.
                              Yeah - it looks that way but isn't and you're right it probably was the camera angle. Certainly i tried all the variations aboard and 19K (and A) easily felt the most spacious to me.

There's another thing that annoys me about 11A/K - look at the picture again. There's an irritating wedge (on the floor) where your feet go. The floor isn't flat, it's got a slope.

Comment

• Many thanks for all the great pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X