A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ238 View Post
    Firstly to all those that have posted info and photos a big thanks, absolutely fantastic thread.

I hear what you are saying SQ228, does anyone think BKK might get use of the A350? The last 5 times I have flown J to/from BKK I have got the old product, I haven't even managed to get a A330.
    I think HKG, PEK, ICN and NRT are more likely given the greater chance for a yield premium for the new product and the fact that there is a premium economy cabin.

BKK is likely to have the old product for as long as SRJ and SRL are in the fleet.

Comment

• Originally posted by vasqflyer View Post
      I think HKG, PEK, ICN and NRT are more likely given the greater chance for a yield premium for the new product and the fact that there is a premium economy cabin.

BKK is likely to have the old product for as long as SRJ and SRL are in the fleet.
      This saddens me vasqflyer lol, thanks for you reply.

If the first A350's are going to be in SIN for the reported 17 hours surely theyll be used somewhere?

Comment

• Sorry guys, no for me tomorrow... last min change of travel plan ...
        Last edited by KFNewbie; 7 March 2016, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ238 View Post
          This saddens me vasqflyer lol, thanks for you reply.

If the first A350's are going to be in SIN for the reported 17 hours surely theyll be used somewhere?
          Unfortunately I have to agree that I can't see BKK doing much better anytime soon. They've assigned all their oldest planes to the route permanently and whenever they get a freed up 77W during the day, CGK gets priority over BKK. SQ must be pretty sure they don't need to try hard to match the competition.

I think what's more likely is that as the A359s start to free up other planes like the 77Ws and 772ER refits, that these might cascade down the line. Even a 77W replacing a standard 772 would then redirect that 772 to replace SRJ/L. There are still two old leased 777s to leave before SRJ and SRL are going anywhere though.

Comment

• Originally posted by vasqflyer View Post

What about India, like Delhi, Mumbai (Which do get longhaul planes on those routes occasionally) as well as Chennai? Those places could be good candidates as well.

While the first tranche of A350's are for longhaul, I thought they were also intended to replace A333's, especially medium haul routes.

If longhaul, what about JNB? That's operated by an old 772.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
              What about India, like Delhi, Mumbai (Which do get longhaul planes on those routes occasionally) as well as Chennai? Those places could be good candidates as well.

While the first tranche of A350's are for longhaul, I thought they were also intended to replace A333's, especially medium haul routes.

JNB has the exact same timings as the Euro flights they are looking to replace with A359s and this means JNB is actually competing with BCN, GRU, MXP and CPH to be chosen next. As many have lamented on here before, without much competition, SQ doesn't have to try too hard on that route and therefore hasn't.

I think BOM is one of the prime candidates to get the A359 on 422/1. It was the second to get the refurbed 772ER, precisely because it fitted into gaps between AMS flights.

I don't know what the J and PEY demand would be like on that pair of flights though, which is the other main factor that they would have to take into account. Switching from a B772ER refit to an A359 means adding 16 more J seats, adding a PEY cabin with 24 seats, but then removing 58 seats from standard Y. That's a huge difference, which is fine if the flight is usally underloaded but a major loss of revenue if you can't convince 40 of those 58 to pay extra for PEY or J.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                Yup, I was next to you, lol! Are you flying tmrw?
                Lol! Better luck next time with meeting up. Unfortunately, I won't be flying tmr.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  Unfortunately I have to agree that I can't see BKK doing much better anytime soon. They've assigned all their oldest planes to the route permanently and whenever they get a freed up 77W during the day, CGK gets priority over BKK. SQ must be pretty sure they don't need to try hard to match the competition.

I think what's more likely is that as the A359s start to free up other planes like the 77Ws and 772ER refits, that these might cascade down the line. Even a 77W replacing a standard 772 would then redirect that 772 to replace SRJ/L. There are still two old leased 777s to leave before SRJ and SRL are going anywhere though.
                  Thanks for taking the time to reply SQ228, just unfortunate I travel mostly on that route, and sometimes it's a lucky dip back into MEL if trying to plan to far ahead, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by KFNewbie View Post
                    Sorry guys, no for me tomorrow... last min change of travel plan ...
                    For those lucky ones experiencing a flight tomorrow, ENJOY.

Comment

• Originally posted by Durian View Post
                      Kyo, so you'll be on SQ118 tomorrow as well ?
                      Wouldn't miss this for the world. Total waste of miles, but I've burnt the requisite amount to pop myself into 20K.

(that and I've also paid 2 x cancellation fees for SQ950, and SQ118 in Y on separate PNRs...)

To whoever is going tmrw, perhaps we should meet up in SKL J from 4:30PM onwards? I'll be at T3 side first to do some shopping before heading to T2's SKL. And if anyone can guest us into SKL F, let us know

Comment

• new gate E22 assign, ichangi, changeable of course, nice idea to meet @ SKL, will check this thread regulary, but maybe i am only join on 5 pm, got stuff to do before that,,

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          Wouldn't miss this for the world. Total waste of miles, but I've burnt the requisite amount to pop myself into 20K.

(that and I've also paid 2 x cancellation fees for SQ950, and SQ118 in Y on separate PNRs...)

To whoever is going tmrw, perhaps we should meet up in SKL J from 4:30PM onwards? I'll be at T3 side first to do some shopping before heading to T2's SKL. And if anyone can guest us into SKL F, let us know
                          I'll see later in the day about what time I can leave, let's check here again at 4-ish.

So, SMA has not been flying at all since delivery last week ? Hopefully it works fine...
                          Will we have a water cannon tonight out of SIN ? and landing in KUL as well ?

Comment

• To all those flying today: Enjoy the ride! Sounds like great fun!

Comment

• Enjoy your first A350 ride guys. Look forward to pics if any of the A350

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post

DEL might get it. While in winter months it uses the 77W and 388, in other months it uses the 772 and 388. We might see the 359 replacing the 772 pretty soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X