No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully the we can see the water cannon salute in SIN soon on youtube...

For now, this is the take off in TLS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMtgO_stbpU

and landing this morning in SIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSKgnqtTck0

Comment

• Managed to catch it on the approach.

SQ 1st A350 Delivery Flight 9V-SMA by Md Imran A. Ghaffar, on Flickr

Comment

• My shots of SMA's delivery today. What a beauty!

Last edited by shikhargpt; 3 March 2016, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Durian View Post
          Good luck with that For some reason, SQ119 does not show up on SQ website, be it one-way or return from Singapore. Not sure later in the year, but at least for the coming 2 weeks apparently...
          So I ended up booking SQ118 on 8 March an return same day on Silkair.
          They have 1-way flight for SQ119 (KUL to SIN), at MYR285.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9VSMA View Post
            Managed to catch it on the approach.

SQ 1st A350 Delivery Flight 9V-SMA by Md Imran A. Ghaffar, on Flickr
            Very nice pic

Comment

• Very nice pics!! Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by bent View Post
                the first tranche of A359 will be deployed to the long haul routes as mentioned by several SIA news releases/interviews. So I don't see any of the Asian routes getting any of the deployment on a permanent basis, at least within the first couple of years.
                I definitely believe we will see medium-haul destinations even within the first year possibly. The reason is that it comes down to flight timings and efficient utilisation of resources.

All the current announced and speculated destinations- AMS, DUS, BCN, MXP, GRU, CPH, MAN, MUC... these flights all have something in common- they depart late at night and return early morning. Once SQ have say 6-7 A359s covering these destinations, they won't want 3 of them sitting on the tarmac at SIN for 17 hours every day. Daytime return flights will be picked out that match the capacity of the A359 and that SQ want to improve their profile with by offering the latest product.

MEL and SYD are good candidates but these flights are often so full that the A359 could cause a capacity issue in Y. Maybe they will rotate them for crew training to various cities but I suspect they will want to target high-yield markets where they face competition to maximise the value of these new planes.

Comment

Last edited by KFNewbie; 3 March 2016, 04:47 PM. Reason: Duplicated.

Comment

I'll be on SQ118 SIN-KUL on March 8 @6:40pm, returning same day on Silkair @9:45pm.
                    If any friendly SQTalkers are on the same flight and want to say hi, I'll be in 21A (small J cabin).

Cheers
                    22A , returning same day on SQ119, finger crossed .

Comment

• Originally posted by KFNewbie View Post
                      22A , returning same day on SQ119, finger crossed .
                      Congrats
                      I don't understand why I was unable to do the same though (have to return on Silkair)

Comment

Congrats
                        I don't understand why I was unable to do the same though (have to return on Silkair)
                        On separate booking, let's hope this piece of information is still valid:
                        International Arrivals
                        Passengers arriving from abroad:
                        with immediate international connecting flights and boarding passes may proceed directly to the departure hall.
                        source: http://www.klia.com.my/?m=airport&c=transit_info&id=3

Comment

• Originally posted by KFNewbie View Post
                          On separate booking, let's hope this piece of information is still valid:
                          International Arrivals
                          Passengers arriving from abroad:
                          with immediate international connecting flights and boarding passes may proceed directly to the departure hall.
                          source: http://www.klia.com.my/?m=airport&c=transit_info&id=3
                          Yes it is. Get off, walk 10m back to gate and do security again.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            Yay

TQVM SQFG .

Comment

• Originally posted by shikhargpt View Post
                              My shots of SMA's delivery today. What a beauty!

Hey shikhargpt,

If you don't mind sharing, where did you take your shots from? Was it from the Aviation Gallery?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                                SQFLYERGIRL, what about me ?
                                Even on 2 different bookings, I was unable to book 118 and 119 on 8 March
                                So I'll return on Silk air. Will I be able to get my BP in Singapore? If not, hopefully I can get it from the transfer counter in KUL and stay airside ?
                                Thanks !

Comment

Working...
                                X