A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    Some of the information in that article is specific and is clearly legitimate, but after the mention of Düsseldorf it gets a little vague. Ten jets by April? Really???
    I think he means by April 2017, end of FY2016/17.

Comment

• Originally posted by shikhargpt View Post
      Note this article says SIN-AMS A350 starting in June?

Comment

• Originally posted by shikhargpt View Post
        So no SIN<>AMS in April. Bummer. Was really looking forward to that flight. How long have other airlines generally spent doing familiarisation flights before starting longer routes (QR, AY, etc)?

Still have 3 more deliveries ahead of 9V-SMB and production still seems to be at 1-2 per month at best, so Im guessing mid-late June for 9V-SMB delivery.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
          I think he means by April 2017, end of FY2016/17.
          SQ #10 has been assigned to MSN 77. Airbus's goal is to deliver 50 A350s in 2016. They're currently working on planes with MSNs in the mid-20s, so it's fairly realistic... assuming no more Zodiac-related delays.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
            Some of the information in that article is specific and is clearly legitimate, but after the mention of Düsseldorf it gets a little vague. Ten jets by April? Really???
            Silly typo while assembling article, mea culpa, it's ten by year's end (and has been edited to reflect such).

Comment

• Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
              Silly typo while assembling article, mea culpa, it's ten by year's end (and has been edited to reflect such).
              Was the June start date for AMS from a confirmed source, or just a guesstimate?

Comment

• Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
                I wonder if the medium-range A350s will use the same J seats as the long-haul planes or use a denser seat...
                At the very least it'll be the same J seats, although there has been speculation (within SQ) that with new J seats underway for launch on the new A380s in 2017, those same seats might also be fitted to the medium-range A350s.

Personally I'd find that a little odd, the current J is brilliant and could easily sit on all A350s bar the ULRs, but of course I'm not the one to make the call and there could be good internal reasons for shifting the A350 'MRs' to the new seat design.

Comment

• Originally posted by kaiser View Post
                  Had heard it'd been pushed back to June but awaiting confirmation, another source unsure so that reference removed for now while we follow up.

Comment

Had heard it'd been pushed back to June but awaiting confirmation, another source unsure so that reference removed for now while we follow up.
                    9V-SMB looks on track for a mid April delivery, given there are 3 other A350s to be delivered before then. (QR and AY). So late April/early June sounds about right.

I wonder how long SQ plan to spend on familiarization flights?

Comment

At the very least it'll be the same J seats, although there has been speculation (within SQ) that with new J seats underway for launch on the new A380s in 2017, those same seats might also be fitted to the medium-range A350s.

Personally I'd find that a little odd, the current J is brilliant and could easily sit on all A350s bar the ULRs, but of course I'm not the one to make the call and there could be good internal reasons for shifting the A350 'MRs' to the new seat design.
                      Yeah, it's odd that the new J seats are going to go on the medium-range A350s when the current long-haul J seat is fine and the regional J could use an update, for competitive reasons more than anything else. But there's probably going to be a new regional J seat eventually - either with the medium-range A350s or the 787s.

Comment

• Originally posted by kaiser View Post
                        1 June is the date that SQ has begun selling PEY seats for the AMS route so I get the impression they are 100% sure AMS will be daily A350 by that date, however, I think in reality it will be earlier but they don't want to commit yet.

The only truly fixed date we have at present is the date that flights begin to DUS. Everything else is still in play.

Comment

• i wonder what is the CGK flight number. I am currently looking to go to Vietnam from CGK.

Comment

• Think one month of short-haul familiarisation flights is sufficient for a new aircraft. SQ's A380 did not even had short-haul familiarisation flights, with the 1st commercial flight being SIN-SYD. Guess AMS will start once the 2nd A350 gets delivered. SQ would not want to guarantee a date until the 2nd A350 delivery date is confirmed.

Again, fingers-crossed that the 2nd aircraft is delivered ASAP. I am booked on the AMS flight in early May
                            My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• 9V-SMA flew test flight #4 a few hours ago, possible customer acceptance flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                                Guess AMS will start once the 2nd A350 gets delivered. SQ would not want to guarantee a date until the 2nd A350 delivery date is confirmed.
                                That's exactly so. SQ previously announced SIN-AMS for April but didn't call out a specific date.

The airline is now working towards that launch date, which of course hinges on delivery timeframe for the second A350 – so it could see SIN-AMS kick off in mid-late April or even early May.

Either way, the SIN-AMS inaugural date should be known by the time of the first A350's delivery.

Comment

Working...
                                X