• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmmm......rumor has it that:

Toulouse to Singapore: February 29th, 2016
    Singapore Arrival: March 1st, 2016
    Singapore Fam Ops (Short Haul Flights => KUL / CGK): From March 8th, 2016
    Last edited by SQ380; 3 February 2016, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ380 View Post
      Hmmmm......rumor has it that:

Toulouse to Singapore: February 28th, 2016

Just a reminder that there is a February 29 this year.
      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
        Just a reminder that there is a February 29 this year.

Oops...okie, amended my post. The rumor stands unchanged.

Comment

• More from the First Flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
            The A350 is slightly smaller than the 77W, so sending the A350 on an existing 77W route would result in less capacity. Loads on that route are pretty good, so sending the A350 wouldn't be a good idea.

The A350 works best on routes where you need the range of a 77W, but not as much capacity. With the fall in price of oil, loads on the IAH-DME flight are probably not good, so it would be a good idea to downsize that flight to an A350.
            With SQ638/7 getting sudden "downgraded" from 77W to 772 this coming March/April, I suspect it is only a temporary plan while await the arrival of the A350.

Furthermore SQ638/7 SIN-NRT has quite a high payload despite the unfavorable location of the airport.

Comment

• Another image from the first flight!

Full-res.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                "...777 firm orders for the A350 XWB...already making it one of the most successful widebody aircraft ever."

Comment

• Another shot from the RTO test.

Comment

• Can we expect the schedule for the first flights to be revealed soon? I noticed that CX have published their inaugural flights schedule despite being behind SQ in the queue.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ380 View Post
                      Hmmmm......rumor has it that:

Toulouse to Singapore: February 29th, 2016
                      According to the following link, delivery of 9V-SMA will be before the end of February with the inaugural flights in March. No fixed date, though.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-ai...nd-of-february

So it confirms the above rumour.

Comment

• Thanks. I was more referring to SQ loading the flight equipment changes into the GDS, particularly for the AMS route. I guess they are not even sure yet when they will have 2 operational (the minimum required to run the SIN-AMS route I'm guessing).

Will be interesting to see if they are able to meet the April prediction and whether they will have 2 A350s by then to run daily flights, or whether they may start off with something like 3 x weekly SIN-AMS.

Comment

• Originally posted by kaiser View Post
                          Thanks. I was more referring to SQ loading the flight equipment changes into the GDS, particularly for the AMS route. I guess they are not even sure yet when they will have 2 operational (the minimum required to run the SIN-AMS route I'm guessing).

Will be interesting to see if they are able to meet the April prediction and whether they will have 2 A350s by then to run daily flights, or whether they may start off with something like 3 x weekly SIN-AMS.
                          Based on the current delivery schedule, they will have 3 A350s by end April. 9V-SMB is scheduled for a March delivery and 9V-SMC in April.

Current A350 delivery schedule till end April is as follows:

Feb
                          Msn 26 (SQ)>12 (QR)>27 (TAM)

March-April
                          Msn 22 (AY)>30 (SQ)>21(QR)>23 (AY)>29 (CX)>28 (AY)>25 (QR)>31 (SQ)>33 (QR)

Comment

• When do the daily SIN-AMS flights start?

Comment

• From the grapevine:

SQ will take delivery of its first A350 sometime after CNY. Inaugural flight will be to HKG....

Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                              Based on the current delivery schedule, they will have 3 A350s by end April. 9V-SMB is scheduled for a March delivery and 9V-SMC in April.

Current A350 delivery schedule till end April is as follows:

Feb
                              Msn 26 (SQ)>12 (QR)>27 (TAM)

March-April
                              Msn 22 (AY)>30 (SQ)>21(QR)>23 (AY)>29 (CX)>28 (AY)>25 (QR)>31 (SQ)>33 (QR)

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                                When do the daily SIN-AMS flights start?
                                Based on the SQ Website and replies on their Facebook page, SIN-AMS flights will begin in April though not necessarily daily flights. However, there is still no confirmed date as to when it will begin.

Comment

Working...
                                X