X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
    A350 Regional 250t
    A350 LH 275t
    A350 “LH+“ 280t (9V-SMV to -SMZ and -SJA)
    A350 ULR 280t
    SIA is decreasing its A350 LH variant MTOW from 275T to 268T (SMA - SMU)
    Last edited by blastnova; 24 May 2021, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Wonder if that means a realistic drop in range, or a cost saving measure that can be reverted at some point in the future.
      an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
        Wonder if that means a realistic drop in range, or a cost saving measure that can be reverted at some point in the future.
        To my knowledge, 7 tons is about hour and half flying time, give or take, worth of fuel.

One of the reasons carriers reduce their MTOW is to incur lower costs in their operations as air traffic charges, overflight charges and landing and parking charges are mostly based on an aircraft's MTOW. This is the same thing they did with their B772s.

Comment

• Msn 460 originally assigned to SQ but never sighted has appeared on the Flightline and has had its First Engine Run. It has been assigned test registration F-WZNY. Not sure which registration this is, perhaps another LH version, that is, 9V-SJC. We need to wait for a photo of it in order to be sure.

Comment

• Msn 460, SQ#57 is unpainted. It is difficult to conclude at this point of time if this is 9V-SJC or 9V-SHW though only one window in front of Door 3 is plugged. If this a permanent window plug then it can be confirmed as 9V-SHW as only the Regional version has this window plugged.

Comment

• Just curious, I noticed SM* and SJ* doing the SIN-LAX directs. I assume those are being done on light loads since the aircraft can't normally do the route, yes? It's usually a ULR/SG* route I thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by shikhargpt View Post
                Just curious, I noticed SM* and SJ* doing the SIN-LAX directs. I assume those are being done on light loads since the aircraft can't normally do the route, yes? It's usually a ULR/SG* route I thought.
                Pre-Covid, these SMU onward aircraft are doing the slightly shorter SFO-SIN with full load.

Also these same aircraft were doing SIN-JFK non stop last nov (although with limit on paxes). I would think that if for SIN-LAX, these planes can fly with at around 120 paxes Max with no issue. Not so sure about 253 paxes though. (1 pax will be around 100kg average including luggage). So 100 paxes mean around 10 000kg heavier.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                  Pre-Covid, these SMU onward aircraft are doing the slightly shorter SFO-SIN with full load.

Also these same aircraft were doing SIN-JFK non stop last nov (although with limit on paxes). I would think that if for SIN-LAX, these planes can fly with at around 120 paxes Max with no issue. Not so sure about 253 paxes though. (1 pax will be around 100kg average including luggage). So 100 paxes mean around 10 000kg heavier.
                  I also thought that the use of regular “LH” or “LH+“ variants i.e. SM* & SJ* series for SIN-LAX vv was also due to its increased cargo carrying abilities given there are (increased) cargo demand during the pandemic. The ULR variants have their forward cargo hold deactivated hence decreased cargo carrying capacity right?

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post

Ah, I see!

Comment

• SQ#57 completed her First Flight yesterday.

Source: a380.boards.net

Comment

• Updates:
                        MSN 460 Singapore Airlines A359 F-WZNY/9V-SJE, third and fourth test flights from TLS>SVQ>TLS:

https://aibfamily.flights/A350/460

MSN 472 Singapore Airlines A359 F-WZFL/9V-SJB, third test flight at TLS:

https://aibfamily.flights/A350/472

The registration number jumped a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by jul247 View Post
                          Updates:
                          MSN 460 Singapore Airlines A359 F-WZNY/9V-SJE, third and fourth test flights from TLS>SVQ>TLS:
                          SJE already? skipping SJC and SJD?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                            Apparently so based on few entries on airliners.net. SJC/SJD might be assigned for later MSNs. However we can wait for official confirmation, just around the corner.

Apart from MSN 460 and 472, other MSNs have been lined up for SQ: MSN 485, 494, 514, 525, 565, 568, 593. Six A350 are scheduled to be delivered this year according to last financial update, thus far 3 have been delivered (SHT, SHU, SHV).

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              I am a little curious why the supposed 9V-SJE is not going through the usual test regime. She appears to be a 'Test' aircraft. If you look at the photos I have posted of her, the tail has what looks like an attachment for a probe and the window in front of Door 3 on the port side has some sort of measuring equipment. To date, she has performed 3 test flights unpainted with a stop at Seville. The last time a SQ A350 was seen out of sequence and doing more than the usual number of test flights was 9V-SGE, when it was undergoing the ULR test certification. We could still see SJC & SJD appearing before SJE is delivered. Is Airbus testing some new changes to the A350? Let's wait for official confirmation.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                                I am a little curious why the supposed 9V-SJE is not going through the usual test regime. She appears to be a 'Test' aircraft. If you look at the photos I have posted of her, the tail has what looks like an attachment for a probe and the window in front of Door 3 on the port side has some sort of measuring equipment. To date, she has performed 3 test flights unpainted with a stop at Seville. The last time a SQ A350 was seen out of sequence and doing more than the usual number of test flights was 9V-SGE, when it was undergoing the ULR test certification. We could still see SJC & SJD appearing before SJE is delivered. Is Airbus testing some new changes to the A350? Let's wait for official confirmation.
                                I'm curious too. On 14/6, she went on a 10h22m test flight.
                                https://www.flightradar24.com/data/a...-wzny#280bd14f

Comment

Working...
                                X