• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
    SQ have completed a sale and leaseback for 11 of its planes
    https://sg.yahoo.com/finance/news/si...013830659.html
    which are the affected frames?
    https://www.facebook.com/FLAPV1/
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=11491

Comment

• Originally posted by fablee View Post
      What is the significance of the 5t difference between the LH and LH+ variants? how much more range or anything else would one have over the other?
      The 280t MTOW variant came about at the same time Airbus redesigned the winglets on these aircraft too. Those are now larger and another way to tell them apart from the original A350s.

Range is increased by 500nm (from 7,600nm to 8,100nm) as a result of the aerodynamic improvements and the additional 5t weight limit.

You may notice the non-stop SIN-LAX-SIN flights (SQ37/38) are always operated by one of these five "LH+" aircraft. SIA's "A350 LH+" aircraft also have the newer 2017 Economy Class seats installed, not the older 2013 ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
        The 280t MTOW variant came about at the same time Airbus redesigned the winglets on these aircraft too. Those are now larger and another way to tell them apart from the original A350s.

Range is increased by 500nm (from 7,600nm to 8,100nm) as a result of the aerodynamic improvements and the additional 5t weight limit.

You may notice the non-stop SIN-LAX-SIN flights (SQ37/38) are always operated by one of these five "LH+" aircraft. SIA's "A350 LH+" aircraft also have the newer 2017 Economy Class seats installed, not the older 2013 ones.
        Thanks for the info.
        https://www.facebook.com/FLAPV1/
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=11491

Comment

• 9V-SHV has entered service as SQ8004|10MAY (SIN-BLR).

Comment

A350 Regional 250t
            A350 LH 275t
            A350 “LH+“ 280t (9V-SMV to -SMZ and -SJA)
            A350 ULR 280t
            Side Note, some of the A350 LH planes have MTOW of 268t. Maybe we can label them as LH-

A350 LH- 268t (9V-SMA, B, C, D, E, G, M)

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
              Side Note, some of the A350 LH planes have MTOW of 268t. Maybe we can label them as LH-

Interesting I didn't know that, thanks! I guess those would have an approximate range of 7,000nm - good for pretty much the whole network except non-stop SEA, SFO, LAX.

Comment

Interesting I didn't know that, thanks! I guess those would have an approximate range of 7,000nm - good for pretty much the whole network except non-stop SEA, SFO, LAX.
                There happens to be seven of them, similar in number to those affected by the sale and leaseback.

Wonder whether these are the affected units, whereby SQ can allow the lessor to take those planes off their hands later and place them with some other airline. That way such restrictions may not apply.
                an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post

Just out of interest, is there a particular reason why those 7x 268t "LH-" frames are not in sequence, i.e. SMA-E, G and M, whereas SMF and SMH-L are the 275t variants? I would have thought the earliest frames would be 268t followed by 275t then 280t, but it doesn't appear so...?

Any thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
                    Just out of interest, is there a particular reason why those 7x 268t "LH-" frames are not in sequence, i.e. SMA-E, G and M, whereas SMF and SMH-L are the 275t variants? I would have thought the earliest frames would be 268t followed by 275t then 280t, but it doesn't appear so...?

Any thoughts?
                    There was a discussion about MTOW in this thread some time back, if you are keen. Post #2712 (Page 181) onwards; interesting to see that there might've been some changes to certain MTOWs since then, like 9V-SMJ.

Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                    From my understanding, A350-900s were originally certified for 268T MTOW, so it makes sense that the earlier birds SMA-E were of this variant. Later on it seems like Airbus was able to increase the MTOW, so it is also logical that later-built frames have the higher 275T MTOW. What is strange is why randomly 9V-SMG, 9V-SMJ and 9V-SMM have the lower MTOW? Is it because they had already gone into production before the higher MTOW variants became available?

As for the restriction for certain frames to certain routes, I think it's a combination of both range and landing fees. Obviously the longest routes like SFO and SEA will need the range, hence they get the higher MTOW birds. But perhaps the lower MTOW ones are purposely restricted to routes that incur higher landing fees.

I guess the A350 fleet is large enough for SQ to operate them as sub fleets, maximizing cost savings wherever possible.
                    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                      There was a discussion about MTOW in this thread some time back, if you are keen. Post #2712 (Page 181) onwards; interesting to see that there might've been some changes to certain MTOWs since then, like 9V-SMJ.
                      Oh yes I vaguely remember reading about these posts a while back. Thanks for the reminder!

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                        Sorry my bad. I left out SMJ in my earlier post. 9V-SMJ still has a MTOW of 268t.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                          9V-SJB, a Long Haul version, will be the next SQ A350 to be delivered. June looks like a possible delivery month.
                          She's started engine and taxi test so June might be possible as you have predicted.
                          https://aibfamily.flights/A350/472

Comment

• Three more Airbus A350s are scheduled for delivery in FY21/22 (SJB plus two others) according to the latest financial update.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              She's started engine and taxi test so June might be possible as you have predicted.
                              https://aibfamily.flights/A350/472
                              Yes, very likely a June Delivery. 9V-SJB is currently performing her First Flight.

Comment

• 9V-SJB completing her First Flight yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X