No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9V-SGF has landed at Changi bringing the SQ A350-900 fleet to 27.

Comment

• Originally posted by vasqflyer View Post
      I agree SQ288. I think we will see a few new long haul A350s in the next 12-18 months. I posted a similar idea a in October in relation to the [at the time speculative] Seattle flights and while you kindly responded, I never got back to you. In my post I flagged some analysis that I would go back and find which I have now finally done.

There is some CAPA analysis which provides that ULR modifications are now included for the 350-900s more generally and with a potential 280 MTOW which would remove the need for payload restrictions for the daily SFO standard config flights and could possibly even allow the stand config 350s to the LAX flights daily without pay load restrictions. See - https://centreforaviation.com/analys...ustomer-431110

Blue Swan put out some analysis about the SFO standard config flights being quite successful for SQ and accurately predicted that SFO would continue with the standard config so that there would be an economy product to maintain connecting traffic to India. See - https://blueswandaily.com/as-united-...lines-respond/

As you have noted in you post, SQ will need A350s for a 4 times a week SEA flight and a daily CPH flight. IST will also need to be moved sometime as the 777-200ERs are definitely being retired. We know that BNE can and will likely loose some of its long haul 350s. One already looks set to go for the CHC flight. I don't think the remaining two 350s will be enough to cover the new flights.

Now while its possible that some other changes may take place to free up more A350s (such as 777-300ERs taking over some A350 routes), I actually think SQ will take around 5 new long haul A350s. The first one would come in just as SEA starts. This one would take over the SFO flight with the aircraft freed up being used for SEA. The second would arrive before SEA increases to 4 times weekly. The third would allow CPH to change over. An additional 2 would arrive in the 2020 calendar year which would allow LAX daily to be served with the standard configuration and providing for a direct economy product into that market. Given the prices for premium economy and the recent commentary at the analyst briefing it looks like there is too much premium economy capacity.

Having 5 stand config 350s would allow 2 for SFO, 2 for LAX and 1 effective spare. In this way the spare can be used for the normal routes but becomes available for SFO / LAX if there are tech issues / when the other 4 are out for regular maintenance.

The 2 ULRs that are freed up could then possibly be used for a second daily EWR flight. On page 139 of the A350 forum, user A350R posted some O&D numbers which show New York as the biggest US market to Singapore. While the numbers are old, double daily to New York should be manageable given SQ was confident in 10*weekly to LAX on the ULR and there are about 3.5 daily direct flights to SFO now. The addition of the second daily to EWR would likely mean the A380 comes of JFK to be replaced with the 777-300ER that is freed up from CPH.

This would mean that 4 ULRs would go to EWR with 1 spare. The remaining 2 could continue supplementing SFO and LAX / may be deployed to other cities / could be reconfigured to the standard configuration for use to LAX / SFO depending on how the markets develop.
      Very sensible analysis. A very small fleet of A350s with standard seating that have an added range, very similar to the way that they used to have two 772 regionals that were capable of reaching AKL and CHC. The market between SFO and Indian destinanations is what fills that Y cabin on SQ32/31 which would be crazy to abandon.

I can't see any of their current A350 European flights going 77W, especially since they still plan to take the 77W off CPH, so SQ26/5 going 77W seems inevitable. They are discounting seats on those flights even between SIN and FRA so heavily, that it is cheaper for me to fly to DUS via FRA with an LH domestic than to take SQ's direct DUS flight. SQ 26/5 rotations take 2.5 days to complete so it would mean no longer having to use 77Ws on CDG, free some A380s up for refurb and perhaps deploy one permanently on KIX.

Comment

• Just thinking aloud about LAX eventually reverting to A350 from A350 ULR-- actually this may end up being the only sensible reason why there are 94 PEY seats on the A350 ULR, such that in LAX IRROPS, upgrade the pax to PEY with the equipment swop, and protect less of them on other carriers last minute.

Comment

• 9V-SHB has been moved to the Delivery Centre. She will be the first SQ A350-900 Regional to be delivered. Delivery could take place either at the end of this week or early next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
            9V-SHB has been moved to the Delivery Centre. She will be the first SQ A350-900 Regional to be delivered. Delivery could take place either at the end of this week or early next week.
            9V-SHB is scheduled to arrive in SIN on Saturday (01DEC18) with STA: 1315 as SQ8895.
            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Busy day for the SQ A350-900 Regionals in Toulouse today. The First Flight for 9V-SHA and CAF for 9V-SHB are currently taking place.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                9V-SHB has been moved to the Delivery Centre. She will be the first SQ A350-900 Regional to be delivered. Delivery could take place either at the end of this week or early next week.
                Has there been any indication as to what routes it will be flying?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ217 View Post
                  Has there been any indication as to what routes it will be flying?
                  On SQ279/278 to Adelaide and back from 17 December.

Comment

• 9V-SHA on her First Flight.

9V-SHB performing her CAF.

Photo source: a350 production.net

Comment

• The additional 3x weekly SFO flights (SQ34/33) started today with 9V-SGB operating the first service.
                      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                        The additional 3x weekly SFO flights (SQ34/33) started today with 9V-SGB operating the first service.
                        Amazing- there are currently 4 SIN-SFO flights in the air

Comment

• New 3-weekly BLR service on A350R (replacing daily Scoot A320):
                          SQ504 SIN 2220 0005 (+1) BLR
                          SQ505 BLR 0120 0825 SIN

Operates Fri/Sat/Sun effective May 17.
                          Existing flight (SQ502/503) still shows 772 equipment.

Comment

• 9V-SHB, the 1st A350-900 Regional to be delivered to SQ, is displaying her Final Registration and ready for tomorrow's Delivery Flight.

Comment

• 9V-SHB is on her Delivery Flight as SQ8895. She is expected to arrive at Changi at 7.50pm (local time).

Comment

• Look forward to seeing this bird in Adelaide later this month.

Comment

Working...
                                X