A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by warpspeed View Post
    First A350 regional route confirmed as Adelaide from 18 December 2018.

Business 1-2-1, Economy 3-3-3. Onboard WiFi available apparently too.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...gapore-flights
    Ah IC. I did not know there is such thing regional A350. So looks like regional A350 is similar to B787-10.

I always though A350 is only 1 config. How can you tell from the booking perspective if it it regional A350 or long haul A350?

I wonder why SQ really want to do this.
    visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
      Ah IC. I did not know there is such thing regional A350. So looks like regional A350 is similar to B787-10.

I always though A350 is only 1 config. How can you tell from the booking perspective if it it regional A350 or long haul A350?

You can see whether or not it has premium economy class. Regional doesn’t have.
      There is also a third version with a different configuration: A350ULH which only has business class and premium economy class.

Comment

• I wonder when the regional 350's will be delivered given the ADL route will start in mid December.

Comment

For the exact same reason they had a variety of configurations for the 772.

Comment

• Originally posted by LeisureFlyer View Post
            You can see whether or not it has premium economy class. Regional doesn’t have.
            There is also a third version with a different configuration: A350ULH which only has business class and premium economy class.

ULH I know
            visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
              For the exact same reason they had a variety of configurations for the 772.
              I thought the reason why there is 2 version of 772, because 1 is 772 and the other is 772-ER with extended range which mean they can fly further.

I do not think A350 is the case right, other than the ULH
              visit my blog

Comment

I thought the reason why there is 2 version of 772, because 1 is 772 and the other is 772-ER with extended range which mean they can fly further.

I do not think A350 is the case right, other than the ULH
                All of the 772s are technically 777-200ERs. The regional ones were derated.

I'm not sure if the regional A350 will have different engines, but the way they managed the 772 fleet is quite similar. On the PDF timetable for example, flights to AMS would simply say 777-200 or 777-200/200ER. The point I'm making is there is a precedent for SQ to buy the same plane variant but treat one set as long haul and the other set as short haul. Even between the two 772 regional series, the SQ-series had F while the SR-series did not, yet they were both displayed simply as 777-200 when making a booking.

Comment

I'm not sure if the regional A350 will have different engines,
                  Same RR Trent XWB but they're de-rated to 75,000lb thrust from 84,000lb

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    Same RR Trent XWB but they're de-rated to 75,000lb thrust from 84,000lb
                    And a 250 tonne MTOW that would give it significantly reduced range, as well as lower landing costs.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
                      And a 250 tonne MTOW that would give it significantly reduced range, as well as lower landing costs.
                      The range is still formidable at well over 12,000km.

http://aviationweek.com/commercial-a...d-lower-thrust

Otherwise the A350 regional and 787-10 specs are rather similar. I'm surprised they want to maintain 2 different aircraft types for the same type of mission.

This is unlike the use of 777-200 where it was the main aircraft flying regional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trent1000 View Post
                        Otherwise the A350 regional and 787-10 specs are rather similar. I'm surprised they want to maintain 2 different aircraft types for the same type of mission.

This is unlike the use of 777-200 where it was the main aircraft flying regional.
                        There is also the A330, operating side by side along with the 772 for regional flights. So it wouldn’t be much too different in the future with the 78J and the A350 Regional.

Comment

• Probably also as some sort of insurance in case of a severe manufacturing defect that keeps an entire fleet grounded for checks........new aircraft models always have teething issues. Plus, keeping a mixed fleet pushes aircraft manufacturers to remain competitive in different markets. More of a pain for the planning and ops teams, but in the end the need for $ wins the day.

Comment

• Looks like SIA is increasing frequency to JNB to 11 weekly flights in S19, all operated by the A350.

New flights:
                            SQ482 SIN 16:35 - 21:10 JNB
                            SQ481 JNB 22:30 - 14:55 (+1) SIN

Comment

• Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
                              Looks like SIA is increasing frequency to JNB to 11 weekly flights in S19, all operated by the A350.

New flights:
                              SQ482 SIN 16:35 - 21:10 JNB
                              SQ481 JNB 22:30 - 14:55 (+1) SIN
                              They ran those this year too I thought. The timings are very advantageous as this flight pair is only away from SIN for one night instead of two which maximises fleet usage.

Comment

They ran those this year too I thought. The timings are very advantageous as this flight pair is only away from SIN for one night instead of two which maximises fleet usage.
                                They did indeed; with slightly different timings.

SQ482 SIN1400 – 1835JNB 359 357
                                SQ481 JNB1955 – 1220+1SIN 359 357
                                Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Working...
                                X