No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the longest route that the SQ A330s fly, anyway?

Comment

• Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
      What is the longest route that the SQ A330s fly, anyway?
      Sydney without a doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Calcjr23 View Post
        Sydney without a doubt.
        It's actually a tight race between SYD and BNE. Depending on direction and time of year, both take around 7:50 - 8:20 in an A330. BNE may have more claim though since their entire service is A330 and SYD currently has only 3x weekly.

For a Y traveller, I think the A330 is preferable to any old variant of 772 or 773 because of the better tray table, handset and IFE. For a J traveller, obviously 1-2-1 seating would probably win I'm guessing.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          For a Y traveller, I think the A330 is preferable to any old variant of 772 or 773 because of the better tray table, handset and IFE. For a J traveller, obviously 1-2-1 seating would probably win I'm guessing.
          I was on the B772 on SIN-PER and lamented that I didn't get the newer A330 that I was used to on SIN-SGN. Yeah, I picked the 9:30am SQ223; Timing was the primary consideration over aircraft type.

Comment

• Msn 26 is now in Station 20 undergoing cabin furnishing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
              It is good to hear they are listening to customers from their cash cow markets (namely SYD, MEL and PER) by providing better planes and introducing Premium Economy (perhaps) on these sectors...
              I guess it sounds like they're not replacing IAH or GRU at all, rather maybe with a 77WN by the time all 19 77Ws are refitted with PEY. Besides, I prefer that the 77W should be at SFO (Both routes), especially since they will have the newest seats both via HKG and ICN.

As far as HKG/SFO goes, it's operated with a 77WN without PEY. Some believe it's a potential A350 route, just because the A350 will have PEY, but again, if there's enough demand for PEY on that route, maybe they could send a reconfigured 77WR just like they're planning to do to ICN/SFO (Unless they get enough positive feedback that will persuade them to refit 77WNs). Besides, the A350 has lesser seats than the 77W according to another post, which is why a 77W is definitely better for SFO route.

I would like to rather try an A350 on a short haul route (If it goes to Chennai or anywhere in India in the future). Also, I'm definitely looking forward to picture of the A350 interior of the classes offered in there (I'm sure it will be the same like 77Ws, but of course interior differences).

Comment

• Early sources did indicate GRU will be within the first 5 A350s. AMS only need 2 A350s to operate daily, I won't rule out more European cities going to be next whilst they will start complimenting some Australian and Hong Kong routes to rotate in between.

Comment

I won't rule out more European cities going to be next whilst they will start complimenting some Australian and Hong Kong routes to rotate in between.
                  Yeap a 14 hour flight will pair nicely with a 8 hour flight to enable daily flights with 2 aircraft, assuming 1 hour turnaround at each destination.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                    Yeap a 14 hour flight will pair nicely with a 8 hour flight to enable daily flights with 2 aircraft, assuming 1 hour turnaround at each destination.
                    Or if AMS can depart 2 hours later than now with a shorter turnaround, we might able to see AMS can pair up with either MEL or SYD already.

Comment

• Singapore Airlines: new business class beats old first class

Singapore Airlines: new business class beats old first class

Singapore Airlines is relaxed about the loss of first class on its new Airbus A350 routes, based on market trends and the high standard of its latest business class.

The advanced A350 jet, which joins the SQ fleet in January, counts business class as its most premium cabin – but it will largely replace older Boeing 777 jets fitted with the airline's previous generation first class at the pointy end.

Source: http://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-ai...n=home-flipper
                      1. Minimum 3 - 4 destinations with 11 aircraft in the first year? So they are upgrading certain 2x daily routes to A350 as well?

2. Looks like SQ is trying to have more J passengers than to fill up the F cabin.

3. I wonder whether SQ will consider A350-1000 despite being marketed by Airbus.
                      Last edited by SQflyergirl; 21 October 2015, 01:20 AM.

Comment

I wonder whether SQ will consider A350-1000 despite being marketed by Airbus.
                        Well SQ is certainly evaluating the aircraft most likely as 777-300ER replacements and they have 20 A350 options that they can convert to the -1000. The 77W replacement order coming up in about 4-5 years time should be quite interesting as I believe SQ is also looking at the 777X.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                          Well SQ is certainly evaluating the aircraft most likely as 777-300ER replacements and they have 20 A350 options that they can convert to the -1000. The 77W replacement order coming up in about 4-5 years time should be quite interesting as I believe SQ is also looking at the 777X.
                          They only have 16 options left but as always Airbus welcomes more orders.

My opinion is that a derated A350-1000 will be useful to take over the role what B777-300 is doing - High density plane flying short haul routes with airport capacity restraints.

Comment

• Looks like GRU and BCN will get the A359 once the 5th A359 gets delivered around 2H 2016.

Source:http://bloga350.blogspot.sg/2015/10/...to-brazil.html

Comment

• Originally posted by itami View Post
                              Looks like GRU and BCN will get the A359 once the 5th A359 gets delivered around 2H 2016.

Source:http://bloga350.blogspot.sg/2015/10/...to-brazil.html
                              That will spare up a good number of B777-300ERs for other routes. Perhaps we will then see rollout of S Class being ramped up and B777-200ERs/B777-300s replaced by 77WR to SYD and MEL?

Comment

• The winglet being fitted on another one of SQ's A350s. Any guesses for the MSN?

Comment

Working...
                                X