A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    You forgot SU* as another possibility though it is clear they will be using SH* for the regional 359
    ell3 already mentioned that they would be omitting the vowels.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
      though it is clear they will be using SH* for the regional 359
      What us your source please?

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
        What us your source please?
        Was stated by another forumer replies above:

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        According to banx007, they'll be SHx series

Comment

• Originally posted by PPSFlyer View Post
          Was stated by another forumer replies above:
          Yes, it was seen on an insurance contract apparently so pretty official.

Comment

• It's a pity that the regional A350 fleet will likely be relatively small. I would have loved to fly 9V-SHY.

Comment

• Originally posted by 259850 View Post
              It's a pity that the regional A350 fleet will likely be relatively small. I would have loved to fly 9V-SHY.
              They have 39 A359s on order... (excluding the ULR fleet). I am sure that a large proportion of this, if not all, will be delivered under the regional config.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
                They have 39 A359s on order... (excluding the ULR fleet). I am sure that a large proportion of this, if not all, will be delivered under the regional config.
                For some reason I have the number 20 in my head for the regional A350 fleet.
                I might have read it somewhere.

Comment

• Does anyone recall the allocation of the 777-200s?

We had the SVs which did the Long hauls

How bout SQ/SR? What were their initial assignments? I vaguely remember them doing flights as far as Tokyo & CHC. Although I know they prob can’t do Europe, but I somehow have the impression of them going to LAS?

I bring this up cos I’m guessing the A350s will be allocated in a similar fashion.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                    Does anyone recall the allocation of the 777-200s?

We had the SVs which did the Long hauls

How bout SQ/SR? What were their initial assignments? I vaguely remember them doing flights as far as Tokyo & CHC. Although I know they prob can’t do Europe, but I somehow have the impression of them going to LAS?

I bring this up cos I’m guessing the A350s will be allocated in a similar fashion.
                    The SQ/SRs definitely never went to LAS, that was definitely the SV birds. Two of them (SQI and SRN) were up-rated to 777-200ERs (Trent 892 engines) and did go to AKL and CHC but I doubt that was intended to be a long-term solution and didn't last very long.

I think the initial routes for the SQ/SR series were similar to what the A333s are currently operating on.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                      The SQ/SRs definitely never went to LAS, that was definitely the SV birds. Two of them (SQI and SRN) were up-rated to 777-200ERs (Trent 892 engines) and did go to AKL and CHC but I doubt that was intended to be a long-term solution and didn't last very long.
                      Indeed. That was only implemented while the SV series was completely focused on long haul routes. Even though they had refreshed interiors, SQ offloaded SQI and SRN very early on. I think from memory they were the first refitted 772s to leave the fleet.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        Indeed. That was only implemented while the SV series was completely focused on long haul routes. Even though they had refreshed interiors, SQ offloaded SQI and SRN very early on. I think from memory they were the first refitted 772s to leave the fleet.
                        They were leased.

Comment

• Yeah sorry me dumb. Not forgetting the SR/SQs have no crew bunks.
                          Btw, note worthy point is that SQI and SRN were first to have the refits early 2010. That was 4.5years before they were returned to lessors. Is that the ‘minimum’ “lifespan” of the refits we will be seeing.. meaning it’s reasonable For the refitted 772s, 77Ws to remain for around 4-5years before we see them leaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by happyflyer View Post
                            This is really not exciting... I wonder why they keep so many different systems - regional B787 is still using Panasonic right?
                            Nothing's exciting if it's Thales then. I have not heard of them backing out from Thales so far. The 787-10's have Panasonic AFAIK.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                              Yeah sorry me dumb. Not forgetting the SR/SQs have no crew bunks.
                              Btw, note worthy point is that SQI and SRN were first to have the refits early 2010. That was 4.5years before they were returned to lessors. Is that the ‘minimum’ “lifespan” of the refits we will be seeing.. meaning it’s reasonable For the refitted 772s, 77Ws to remain for around 4-5years before we see them leaving.
                              I wouldn't consider it to be in any way planned across all refits, but I do like the fact you noticed that! It's possible they did those two first though, as they wanted to give New Zealand passengers a better product. Knowing those two exact planes were already captive to NZ routes would then have allowed them to specifically market the updated product to a defined audience. They also knew exactly how long they had to keep them for as opposed to an estimated retirement date, so maybe wanted to specifically get value on those two refits.

I think in general planning of refits, they probably estimate how long the aircraft will remain in service and make decisions around that, but it would be more on a "fleet" basis knowing that things can change. We saw that with the refit of the SV series. We were expecting 1 more to be refitted based on the original announcements but it never happened. SVF became the only SQ-owned, in service 772ER with an old cabin. This can be attributed to the announcement after the initial refurb planning that NZ and SQ would begin codesharing together on the SIN-AKL route, which in turn reduced SQ's need for 772ERs by 1 plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                                I wouldn't consider it to be in any way planned across all refits, but I do like the fact you noticed that! It's possible they did those two first though, as they wanted to give New Zealand passengers a better product. Knowing those two exact planes were already captive to NZ routes would then have allowed them to specifically market the updated product to a defined audience. They also knew exactly how long they had to keep them for as opposed to an estimated retirement date, so maybe wanted to specifically get value on those two refits.

I think in general planning of refits, they probably estimate how long the aircraft will remain in service and make decisions around that, but it would be more on a "fleet" basis knowing that things can change. We saw that with the refit of the SV series. We were expecting 1 more to be refitted based on the original announcements but it never happened. SVF became the only SQ-owned, in service 772ER with an old cabin. This can be attributed to the announcement after the initial refurb planning that NZ and SQ would begin codesharing together on the SIN-AKL route, which in turn reduced SQ's need for 772ERs by 1 plane.

ah, expanding that a little.... and SVL, which was the first 772ER to be refitted in 2013(?) and launched on those AMS flights...was the first refitted 772ER to be retired. perhaps there actually was a plan and there is a plan for the current remaining old aircraft, save that for the 772Rs, the ones without the 2006Y will go first followed by SRM,SQK(though died alr), SQN, SQM in the order they were fitted.

ok, this should be transferred to the 777 withdrawal thread. sorry guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X