A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
    The 2nd SQ A350-900 ULR (Msn 220) is fully assembled and being towed to the next station in the FAL.
    According to @Eurospot on Flickr:

"Airbus A350-941 ULR Singapore Airlines s/n 220 9V-SGA"
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
      According to @Eurospot on Flickr:

"Airbus A350-941 ULR Singapore Airlines s/n 220 9V-SGA"
      Wow so the 7 ULR will be SGA-SGG it seems.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        This is speculation....

*IF*SGE is due in Oct and SGA in Aug, then we'll see 5 planes in that short period; assuming they get delivered in alphabetical sequence.
        Wow if the speculation is indeed true, then SQ clearly doesn't muck around waiting for their A359ULRs to arrive eh - mouth watering indeed!

Comment

• How many aircraft would they need to operate daily New York and LA non-stop flights?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ217 View Post
            How many aircraft would they need to operate daily New York and LA non-stop flights?
            LA would definitely require 2 aircraft, similar to how they are doing with SFO nonstop. NYC possibly 2-3 aircraft if daily.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ217 View Post
              How many aircraft would they need to operate daily New York and LA non-stop flights?
              Historically 5. This is assuming similar schedules as in the past.

Comment

Yes, I can imagine them being very conservative with wanting 5 for 2 routes. There's nothing in the fleet that could sub for them and everything needs to go right during a relaunch such as this one.

Comment

NYC is 19 hours nonstop so thats why they'd probably need 3 (19 + maybe 2-3 hours + 19) is 41 hours depending and assuming their schedule is similar to last time

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                    NYC is 19 hours nonstop so thats why they'd probably need 3 (19 + maybe 2-3 hours + 19) is 41 hours depending and assuming their schedule is similar to last time
                    It is exceedingly likely that the flight will be able to be covered by 2, as the third will exist as a spare. This allows for one of the 7 planes to undergo maintenance while the other 6 cover the 3 destinations. If the turnaround time for the NYC flight pair is longer than 48 hours, all 7 planes would always need to be operational.

Comment

• NYC only needs 2 planes not 3. Also, its less than 19hrs...
                      In Northern Winter schedule, the A345s used to depart SIN @ 1055 and return at 0540 + 2. Less than 48hrs.

In case, I get challenged for proof, here's a screen shot from SQ's website in 2013

Comment

NYC only needs 2 planes not 3. Also, its less than 19hrs...
                        In Northern Winter schedule, the A345s used to depart SIN @ 1055 and return at 0540 + 2. Less than 48hrs.

In case, I get challenged for proof, here's a screen shot from SQ's website in 2013

Plus the A350 should have a flight time of about an hour less each way due to its higher cruising speed compared to the A345.
                        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                          It is exceedingly likely that the flight will be able to be covered by 2, as the third will exist as a spare. This allows for one of the 7 planes to undergo maintenance while the other 6 cover the 3 destinations. If the turnaround time for the NYC flight pair is longer than 48 hours, all 7 planes would always need to be operational.
                          Yeah, from what you are saying, IIRC the last time we had a nonstop NYC route, the flight would leave SIN around 11am get to NYC around 6 or 7pm turnaround and return 2 days later around 6-7am. So having it be daily would mean 2 planes rather than 3. JFK on the other hand via FRA uses 3 planes I believe

Comment

Yeah, from what you are saying, IIRC the last time we had a nonstop NYC route, the flight would leave SIN around 11am get to NYC around 6 or 7pm turnaround and return 2 days later around 6-7am. So having it be daily would mean 2 planes rather than 3. JFK on the other hand via FRA uses 3 planes I believe
                            The last two posts above yours have included the exact schedule for these flights. Do you seriously not bother reading updates in the thread before posting? Saying “IIRC” and then getting it wrong when the accurate information shows on the screen when you are typing is an indication of just how worthless your contributions to this forum are.

Comment

JFK on the other hand via FRA uses 3 planes I believe
                              Oh good, I'm glad you believe this. I'm so relieved that I don't have to clarify that route as well.

Comment

NYC only needs 2 planes not 3. Also, its less than 19hrs...

Hmmm ... I never realised they didn't fly on Tuesdays. I guess I previously only flew mostly on Sundays and Fridays.

Comment

Working...
                                X