One-Way Tix vs Penalty for Cancelled Return Sector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One-Way Tix vs Penalty for Cancelled Return Sector

hi Guys, Need some urgent advice here. Due to variety of reasons, I need to make a one-way ICN-SIN. One-way SQ fare est. SGD922.

Lowest ICN-SIN return fare est SGD669 and with USD100 for no-show on SIN-ICN return = SGD805.

Have I factored in all the T&Cs to think booking a ICN-SIN return and declare no show upon landing in SIN? thanks in advance.

I believe the no-show fee only applies if you miss the flight and still want to use the ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
      I believe the no-show fee only applies if you miss the flight and still want to use the ticket.
      oh, so if I declare to SQ SIN groundstaff upon landing that I will not show up for the SIN-ICN sector (I really dont want to inconvenience them by simply not showing up) there's no penalty?

Comment

Originally posted by jammed View Post
        oh, so if I declare to SQ SIN groundstaff upon landing that I will not show up for the SIN-ICN sector (I really dont want to inconvenience them by simply not showing up) there's no penalty?
        No, you say nothing.

In fact, i would book the SIN-ICN return far into the future, at a date where you could POTENTIALLY go again for a holiday or something, and then leave it at that.

When the time comes... you decide whether you do or don't want to go. If you don't want to go, you just stay at home. If you do, you show up in changi as if nothing ever happened.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          No, you say nothing.

In fact, i would book the SIN-ICN return far into the future, at a date where you could POTENTIALLY go again for a holiday or something, and then leave it at that.

When the time comes... you decide whether you do or don't want to go. If you don't want to go, you just stay at home. If you do, you show up in changi as if nothing ever happened.
          cool! thanks for that advice, appreciate it.

Comment

You won't affect the flight as long as you do not check-in for the return segment. So it's not really an "inconvenience" for them.

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
              You won't affect the flight as long as you do not check-in for the return segment. So it's not really an "inconvenience" for them.
              So you mean as long as I don't check in, they will not broadcast my name around the airport hunting for me? I didnt know that, learned something everyday. Thanks very much for enlightening me on that

Comment

So you mean as long as I don't check in, they will not broadcast my name around the airport hunting for me? I didnt know that, learned something everyday. Thanks very much for enlightening me on that
                Even if they broadcast your name there at airport while you are at home, who cares

Comment

No there won't be a "paging last passenger Mr. Jammed travelling to Seoul on SQ xxx, kindly make your way to gate A16 for immediate boarding" kind of announcement.

Shame-a-pax announcements are only made for passengers ACCEPTED for travel (i.e Checked in), no shows are not.

Even if you are checked in and hold a boarding pass (because you decided you wanted a souvenir boarding pass and went to Changi to get it), there's little to no inconvenience to the airline if you don't have a bag in the hold and they follow the T-10 or 20 minute gate close rule.

Airlines will have tools to check with CIQ if you've crossed passport control yet or not. If you have passed through and gone airside, they probably may do the shame-a-pax announcement. If you haven't crossed CIQ to go airside, they'll likely just offload you and get on with life.

Comment

thanks very much Everyone, really appreciate the lesson in these processes. SQFG i have proceeded as advised

Comment

I have always wonder how they would charge me the no show fee......... you. Mays think they will charge to the CC used for the booking, but what if I cancel the CC after booking, then how would they charge me??
                      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                        I have always wonder how they would charge me the no show fee......... you. Mays think they will charge to the CC used for the booking, but what if I cancel the CC after booking, then how would they charge me??
                        No show only charge when you still want to use the ticket. The point of any additional collection (ADC) is not at the time you fail to show up, but at the time you reissue with the intent of continuing travel on the ticket.

If you don't show up, the bookings are cancelled and the following coupons on the ticket are held in some form of suspension, sometimes with an info segment.

This info segment usually has

1)an illogical or non existent destination or non existent flight number
                        2) a travel date far into the future - usually coinciding with the NVA (not valid after) date.

Comment

Working...
                        X