SQ A330 Withdrawal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
    Think from now SIA may have to rethink about about returning any A330s this year and extend the leases as with the just happened case of its 787s and grounding and or limited flying time for the 787s, that it needs all the existing aircrafts it have to substitute for the 787s that are grounded as now more than half of its new 787s are not flying.
    They can just simply keep their 772 longer. These 772 should be fully depreciated n should be cheaper to operate than the leasing cost for the A330

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
      They can just simply keep their 772 longer. These 772 should be fully depreciated n should be cheaper to operate than the leasing cost for the A330
      Not if the 772 needs another D check to keep flying.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9VSSA View Post
        So Star Alliance Livery for another airline?
        It is 9V-STU for Singapore Airlines, Skyliner.de reported that apparently the plane is returning to service in *A livery due to the partial 787-10 groundings:
        Airbus A330 -343 1401 9V-STU Singapore Airlines air-test at SIN 03apr19 in Star Alliance cs prior rtn to svc to cover for two B787-10 grounded due RR engine issues ex F-WWKZ

Michael

Comment

• Originally posted by eamond View Post
          It is 9V-STU for Singapore Airlines, Skyliner.de reported that apparently the plane is returning to service in *A livery due to the partial 787-10 groundings:
          Airbus A330 -343 1401 9V-STU Singapore Airlines air-test at SIN 03apr19 in Star Alliance cs prior rtn to svc to cover for two B787-10 grounded due RR engine issues ex F-WWKZ

Michael
          Was it painted in * Alliance for another airline, but returned service to SQ cause of the B78J groundings?

Comment

• Originally posted by flyinghigher View Post
            Was it painted in * Alliance for another airline, but returned service to SQ cause of the B78J groundings?
            9V-STU was never intended to go to other airlines.

Comment

Michael
              Thats Fake News LOLS.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyinghigher View Post
                That could never have been arranged so quickly if the aircraft was originally destined for return to lessor or another airline. STU was always staying, for now at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                  Think from now SIA may have to rethink about about returning any A330s this year and extend the leases as with the just happened case of its 787s and grounding and or limited flying time for the 787s, that it needs all the existing aircrafts it have to substitute for the 787s that are grounded as now more than half of its new 787s are not flying.
                  And I wonder how the lessor might feel about such a move? The next airline that has already signed a new lease for that A330 might also have an interesting opinion on the matter as well.

On the other hand, if they want to get back one of their old A380s for a while, Dr Peters might be more flexible. If anything, 9V-SVJ might be headed back from VCV which would also make room to park WN's MAXs.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                    And I wonder how the lessor might feel about such a move? The next airline that has already signed a new lease for that A330 might also have an interesting opinion on the matter as well.

On the other hand, if they want to get back one of their old A380s for a while, Dr Peters might be more flexible. If anything, 9V-SVJ might be headed back from VCV which would also make room to park WN's MAXs.
                    I don't think those retired A380 can be re-activated fast, most of them have their engines removed and scrapping has started. Too costly to be reactivated. As for B772ER SVJ, depends on condition and can be a viable replacement, but you will loads of unhappy customers.

As of now, STU remains in SIN and has not been returned yet so SQ can used it. No sure if the lessor has signed a new customer for it. As far as I know, they didn't.

There are actually plenty of second hand A333 if SQ needs extra lift. Hong Kong Airlines won't mind returning few to SQ or Wow Air A333.

Comment

• SIA's A330s destined to be returned this year to ther lessor which I believe is Airbus itself and am sure AB would have a few used A330s parked, and it would be fairly easy for SIA to extend its A330s for a short period of time. Or alternatively SIA can lease A330s to cover for the grounded 787s from the open market as jul247 have mentioned that there are plenty of used A330s on the market. However its better for SQ to extend from AB its lease of the A330s as it will have the common seating and interior, unlike if it will to get it from the secondhand market. Believed SQ need a few more A330s to stand-in for the grounding of its 787s for the next several months and the A330s fit in nicely as its a regional aircraft as the 787 except for less seats.
                      Last edited by flyguy; 4 April 2019, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9VSSA View Post
                        Thats Fake News LOLS.
                        Tell me that.

Photo credit to skyliners

Michael

Comment

Tell me that.

Michael
                          Sounds legit and real. First time I've seen an SQ Airbus plane being painted in Star Alliance Livery. It's just the Boeing planes I know of that had it; The 744, 9V-SPP at the time had it, and our 2 B77W, 9V-SWI and 9V-SWJ

Comment

Tell me that.

Michael
                            My gut instincts were right ! SQ couldn't have got them any sooner.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                              It's just the Boeing planes I know of that had it; The 744, 9V-SPP at the time had it, and our 2 B77W, 9V-SWI and 9V-SWJ
                              FYI, 9V-SYL has them. So did 9V-SRI, a retired 772.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
                                FYI, 9V-SYL has them. So did 9V-SRI, a retired 772.
                                I believe 9V-SRE had it too, the same Star Alliance livery as SRI and SPP with the full SQ tail colours and Silver Kris logo...

Comment

Working...
                                X