Possible brand revamp on the cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible brand revamp on the cards?

I got this picture off instagram. I've never seen a boarding pass like this before:

Anyone think that this and the new premium economy product could be precursors to an SQ rebranding campaign? A new livery perhaps?

This happens at some outports -- I have gotten white SQ boarding passes at Dubai before with an imprint of the SIA logo on top.

Comment

While the publicity material regarding PEY does seem to suggest a brand revamp, this boarding pass doesn't.

SQ is using the standard boarding pass card stock for all Star Alliance carriers flying out of LHR T2. Which means it only comes in one colour, white. They still use the old boarding pass everywhere else I've flown SQ out of. (Which, admittedly, isn't necessarily representative.)

Comment

Unfortunately these plain BP's are increasingly appearing these days under the 'protect the environment' banner. Nothing to do with cost of course.

The ones they give out at MAN are embarassing, flimsy piece's of blank paper. To be fair to SQ they do at least add some colour to them by adding their own stickers : Red for F, Blue for Raffles etc.. The White Ladies at F check-in at Changi are always appauled when they see them : 'Oh dear, was the machine broken in Manchester ?. Give us that (ripped up and binned), we'll give you a proper Boarding Pass'.

Comment

They should just go paperless completely and just send us a barcode like UA. Just have to make sure the batteries on our smartphones are sufficient till we get on the plane.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
            They should just go paperless completely and just send us a barcode like UA. Just have to make sure the batteries on our smartphones are sufficient till we get on the plane.
            I reckon that's exactly why they won't. People missing a flight and having to wait in say, GRU for 3 days just cos their phone died... That could see some real quality rants!

Comment

I think the current boarding cards are absolutely wonderful. Such high quality printing for the colour band at the top, and it's simple. There is no boarding card that looks anywhere near as nice. Plus, nothing beats having a big gold or red band that stands out amongst the crowd! Other airlines like EK, QF, EY etc. just print "FIRST" or "BUSINESS" as opposed to an awesome coloured band. Seriously hope they don't remove these!
              Fly well,
              Travel safe,
              And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

Working...
              X