No announcement yet.

SQ PE - Now officially launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone claims 18.5" seat width for the A380 & 77W and 19.5" for the A350. True?

On another note, is row 31 on the 77W going to be preferred seat like it us now?

Comment

I am quite keen to try the new PEY. Looks like the seat is just about roomy enough to allow a good night's sleep on red-eye flights.

One thing I haven't seen any info on is whether or not PEY will count towards PPS qualification. My guess is that it wouldn't, as the product looks targeted at Y customers who want a better experience. Not counting towards PPS credit would also be a great way to prevent J customers from defecting to PEY.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        Someone claims 18.5" seat width for the A380 & 77W and 19.5" for the A350. True?
        I find that a bit implausible, given that the regular Y seat on the 380 and 77W is already 19". One would think that the PEY seat should be even wider.

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
        One thing I haven't seen any info on is whether or not PEY will count towards PPS qualification. My guess is that it wouldn't, as the product looks targeted at Y customers who want a better experience. Not counting towards PPS credit would also be a great way to prevent J customers from defecting to PEY.
        I agree. SQ hasn't explicitly said that it would not, but all information provided so far (and I've looked through most, if not all) indicates nothing about PEY fares counting towards PPS qualification. That probably means they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by chisquared View Post
          I find that a bit implausible, given that the regular Y seat on the 380 and 77W is already 19". One would think that the PEY seat should be even wider.
          Looking at the promo pics, there is additional space between the seats in addition to the 19.5" as opposed to the current 19" Y seat that is pressed against adjacent seats. So it will probably feel wider.

Comparing cost using SIN-FRA as an example (return):

$1,817.60 for Sweet Deals 2 to Go
          $2,447.60 for Flexi
          $2,797.60 for Executive Economy
          $6,612.60 for Business

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
            Not counting towards PPS credit would also be a great way to prevent J customers from defecting to PEY.
            I'm guessing that will probably turn out to be the most influential reason, especially since defection from J was probably what made them hestitate in the first place.

Comment

Of all the important questions going through my mind I think this tops the list:

What color will the BPs be?

Comment

SIN->HKG, the gap between Flexi and Premium Economy is $30..

Comment

While reserving judgement until I see it installed on an aircraft, it looks pretty decent to be honest. It certainly looks as good as CX's 'regional' JCL product.

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
                    Looking at the promo pics, there is additional space between the seats in addition to the 19.5" as opposed to the current 19" Y seat that is pressed against adjacent seats. So it will probably feel wider.

Comparing cost using SIN-FRA as an example (return):

$1,817.60 for Sweet Deals 2 to Go
                    $2,447.60 for Flexi
                    $2,797.60 for Executive Economy
                    $6,612.60 for Business
                    I looked at flights in late Nov for the same route and sweet deals was only around 1,300S$. PEY was shown at 2,750ish, but when I went to the next page it jumped to 3,150S$. Maybe a higher PEY bucket only available for a sector. Hence I found the difference a bit high even to a E fare flexi saver type that was around 2,400S$ when I checked.

Now from Europe there are often Business sales fares from the 3 gulf carriers that are in the 3-3.5k S$ range. Heck if one is okay to go just to BKK than AY at times has fares around 2-2.3k S$ from Germany in J for RT. From SE Asia it is a bit tougher, but for the brave MH Biz on sale is around that ballpark.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      It certainly looks as good as CX's 'regional' JCL product.
                      Agreed. I'm still surprised how CX can get away with calling that a J product.

Originally posted by demue View Post
                      From SE Asia it is a bit tougher, but for the brave MH Biz on sale is around that ballpark.
                      I don't claim to have b*lls of steel but I've never hesitated to grab a decent MH Biz deal, and yet I'm still around

Comment

I just wondering how many Krisflyer points are required to redeem a free seat on Premium Economy, and if there are any changes to the points required to redeem a free Business Class seats.

BTW, it has appeared to me that SQ's SIN-HKG return on Premium Economy is potentially at least 40% cheaper than that of CX. I am sure come September, CX's Premium Economy Class on this route will be carrying fresh pressured air.

BTW, I have no idea why I cannot book Premium Economy on SQ861 and SQ221 ex-HKG.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                          2018 seems a little soon for new Y and J seats to replace products launched in 2013.

Looking at the PEY routes announced thus far, I wonder if the 77W routes without PEY (SIN-HKG-SFO, SIN-BCN-GRU etc) are slated to go A350 in 2016...
                          in order to keep up with competition, a 5 year time gap for product refresh is becoming the norm these days

Comment

food wise.. was told that they are going to remove cheese and crackers from EY which they have already done so recently on some routes. J to CANTON has their cheese course removed as well.

Comment

Looking at the hard product, I am guessing that this is as far as SQ dare to push the comfort factor without swinging higher yield J customers over.

Now that the quality conscious leisure traveller is guarded somewhat, I wonder how much more aggressive SQ is going to be in fighting the lower Y segment market. There may well be more cost cutting measures to achieve lower prices.

Comment

Definitely a product that is closer to Y and will not affect the J market.

While it is not clear, looking at the booking interface, i think Y+ is just another fare bucket of the Y segment. And both Y and Y+ are upgradable by miles to J class. I don't think it will be like the most feared only Y+ is upgradable to J and Y is upgradable to Y+ only.

To me, it's not attractive on short runs to HKG. But very attractive to India. It's pricing at just 100 dollars more than Flexi class, and it will make a whole lot of difference on the brutal short overnight flight back. This fare bucket will be very popular for many businessmen who is not entitled to J travel.

Prices to Europe are too high. I would be looking into J class with MH, VN, AI, and 9W instead.

I tried to book Y+ SGN-SIN-FRA, looks like not possible. Either fare bucket is not possible, or it's the stupid website not allowing mixed class booking. Such a pity. Ex-SIN prices are too exorbitant to make any sense for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X