No announcement yet.

SQ PE - Now officially launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can somebody confirm which A380s have been refitted with PY? There are lots of information available for the 77WRs, but not for the A380s :/ so far the only confirmed ones are SKA SKF SKH SKJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
      Can somebody confirm which A380s have been refitted with PY? There are lots of information available for the 77WRs, but not for the A380s :/ so far the only confirmed ones are SKA SKF SKH SKJ.
      OK, because I have a lot of housework I want to avoid, I have revisited the information at the A380 delays page and my analysis back in September.

The following destinations now definitely have a PEY A380 service:
      LHR (SQ322/17 only), SYD (SQ221/32 only), HKG (SQ860/3 only), DEL, PVG, AKL, CDG.

This requires the following number of planes:
      LHR paired with HKG = 2, CDG paired with PVG = 2, SYD = 1, DEL = 1, AKL = 1. Total = 7.

The following seven planes seem to always be operating these flights:
      SKE, SKF, SKG, SKH, SKI, SKJ, SKK.

The unknown: BOM and 9V-SKD.
      According to the delays, BOM is meant to currently be missing out on PEY, but it is frequently flown by the above 7 craft. SKD also joins in operating the above routes, but also flies other flights that do not match the pattern. Either it has been refitted and BOM just doesn't neatly get the right plane every day because rotations aren't perfect and things go wrong, or it hasn't been refitted and random flights lose PEY every now and then.

The other unknown: SKA
      Despite having been refitted very early on in the program, SKA is currently out of action entirely. Most likely out of service for entirely unrelated reasons.

I'm not willing to make a call on SKD, but the other eight (SKA, SKE-K) I will declare as refitted based on firm evidence in flight records and the delays document.

The near future:
      Strange things are going on with BOM that I don't have enough hard data on to work out a proper pattern and the proposed delays could have something to do with AKL reverting back to a 77W perhaps. SYD also has some odd dates where it is meant to lose PEY but again there may be other factors in play like Xmas/NY holiday peak aircraft swaps.

Extra PEY refitted A380s will be needed by these dates for flights that are currently operated by the SKL-T series or by SKB and SKC but are indicated to go PEY by the delays listing:
      17JAN16 = 1st for SIN-NRT-LAX (SKL-T series)
      29JAN16 = 2nd for SIN-NRT-LAX (SKL-T series)
      06FEB16 = PEK (SKB/SKC)

The following A380 destinations were basically pulled back in September and have not been served by PEY cabins as they are either flown by the SKL-T series or by SKB and SKC:
      FRA/JFK, LHR (SQ308/21), ZRH.

Other than ZRH, these destinations are always all-upper-J and ZRH frequently switches between the two configurations. They will therefore need a number of the SKL-T series to be refitted as JFK needs almost 3 craft alone to cover its rotations.

SKL has been out of service since 17DEC and there is a good chance it may be starting the refit process to be ready for 17JAN16.

NRT's SQ638/7 has suffered a "spectacular fall from grace" as noted in other threads and is now destined for an old 772 which means we can safely forget the whole A380 PEY proposal on that flight pair.

If there are any planned A380-B77W swaps happening, I have not taken those into account because I don't have information beyond the current PDF timetable at hand so the above may therefore be inaccurate in those situations.

Please shed more light on any of the above if anyone has other pieces to the puzzle but that's all I think I can take in for one evening. Time to vacuum...

Comment

• In the first tranche (upper deck Y birds) up to SKK, only SKB and SKC have not been refitted. All the others have.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          OK, because I have a lot of housework I want to avoid, I have revisited the information at the A380 delays page and my analysis back in September.

LHR (SQ322/17 only), SYD (SQ221/32 only), HKG (SQ860/3 only), DEL, PVG, AKL, CDG.

LHR paired with HKG = 2, CDG paired with PVG = 2, SYD = 1, DEL = 1, AKL = 1. Total = 7.

According to the delays, BOM is meant to currently be missing out on PEY, but it is frequently flown by the above 7 craft. SKD also joins in operating the above routes, but also flies other flights that do not match the pattern. Either it has been refitted and BOM just doesn't neatly get the right plane every day because rotations aren't perfect and things go wrong, or it hasn't been refitted and random flights lose PEY every now and then.

Despite having been refitted very early on in the program, SKA is currently out of action entirely. Most likely out of service for entirely unrelated reasons.

I'm not willing to make a call on SKD, but the other eight (SKA, SKE-K) I will declare as refitted based on firm evidence in flight records and the delays document.

The near future:
          Strange things are going on with BOM that I don't have enough hard data on to work out a proper pattern and the proposed delays could have something to do with AKL reverting back to a 77W perhaps. SYD also has some odd dates where it is meant to lose PEY but again there may be other factors in play like Xmas/NY holiday peak aircraft swaps.

Extra PEY refitted A380s will be needed by these dates for flights that are currently operated by the SKL-T series or by SKB and SKC but are indicated to go PEY by the delays listing:
          06FEB16 = PEK (SKB/SKC)

The following A380 destinations were basically pulled back in September and have not been served by PEY cabins as they are either flown by the SKL-T series or by SKB and SKC:

Other than ZRH, these destinations are always all-upper-J and ZRH frequently switches between the two configurations. They will therefore need a number of the SKL-T series to be refitted as JFK needs almost 3 craft alone to cover its rotations.

SKL has been out of service since 17DEC and there is a good chance it may be starting the refit process to be ready for 17JAN16.

NRT's SQ638/7 has suffered a "spectacular fall from grace" as noted in other threads and is now destined for an old 772 which means we can safely forget the whole A380 PEY proposal on that flight pair.

If there are any planned A380-B77W swaps happening, I have not taken those into account because I don't have information beyond the current PDF timetable at hand so the above may therefore be inaccurate in those situations.

Please shed more light on any of the above if anyone has other pieces to the puzzle but that's all I think I can take in for one evening. Time to vacuum...
          Wow thank you so much! The A380 refit programme is definitely going at full speed compared to the 77W refit.

Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
          In the first tranche (upper deck Y birds) up to SKK, only SKB and SKC have not been refitted. All the others have.
          Thanks for the info!

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
            Wow thank you so much! The A380 refit programme is definitely going at full speed compared to the 77W refit.
            To be fair, the A380 refit is a lot less involved than the 77W one. A380 refit involves just removing a few rows of Y seats and swapping in the PY ones.

The 77W refit changes the entire interior nose to tail, with all new seats and a new IFE system too. It's a much more involved project, and five weeks is probably not too bad a speed for that.

One can criticize SQ for not having more 77Ws going through the process at any given time, but it might be a case of there simply not being enough slack in the schedule to have more than one 77W in refit simultaneously.

Comment

• Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
              To be fair, the A380 refit is a lot less involved than the 77W one. A380 refit involves just removing a few rows of Y seats and swapping in the PY ones.

The 77W refit changes the entire interior nose to tail, with all new seats and a new IFE system too. It's a much more involved project, and five weeks is probably not too bad a speed for that.

One can criticize SQ for not having more 77Ws going through the process at any given time, but it might be a case of there simply not being enough slack in the schedule to have more than one 77W in refit simultaneously.
              That's true. I forgot they were refitting the whole aircraft for the 77W programme.

Comment

The near future:

06FEB16 = PEK (SKB/SKC)

Further PEY roll-out dates for A388 routes:

SQ217/218 MEL -- 3x Week effective 24 June
                SQ308/321 LHR -- 1x Week effective 4 July; 2x Week effective 21 July; 3x Week effective 4 August; 6x Week effective 14 September.
                SQ346/345 ZRH -- 4x Week effective 20 September; daily effective 25 October.
                SQ25/26 FRA/JFK -- 4x Week effective 30 July; 6x Week effective 21 August; daily effective 21 September.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                  Further PEY roll-out dates for A388 routes:

SQ217/218 MEL -- 3x Week effective 24 June
                  SQ308/321 LHR -- 1x Week effective 4 July; 2x Week effective 21 July; 3x Week effective 4 August; 6x Week effective 14 September.
                  SQ346/345 ZRH -- 4x Week effective 20 September; daily effective 25 October.
                  SQ25/26 FRA/JFK -- 4x Week effective 30 July; 6x Week effective 21 August; daily effective 21 September.
                  Thanks bitterroot, your sources are always reliable!

So it looks like after they get another three fitted with PEY they plan to ease off with the refits for a while. Nothing seems to be coming on board between February and July. I'm going to assume the MEL A380 could easily be pulled from the existing set since it's a temporary upgauge.

Comment

...(snip)...

Thanks, SQ228! Very detailed and useful analysis!

Comment

• 9V-SNC has hatched. In the air right now as SQ8877, headed back to SIN after its test flight.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/ai...v-snc/#8622aa2

Next candidate for refit could be 9V-SWF. Hasn't flown since Christmas. We'll need to see if it's on the ground for longer to be sure, though. All other 77Ws appear to be active today.
                      Last edited by leops1984; 28 December 2015, 12:29 PM.

Comment

9V-SNC has hatched. In the air right now as SQ8877, headed back to SIN after its test flight.

Next candidate for refit could be 9V-SWF. Hasn't flown since Christmas. We'll need to see if it's on the ground for longer to be sure, though. All other 77Ws appear to be active today.
                        Nice, SNC has hatched just in time for DXB then ICN/SFO by January.

Comment

9V-SNC has hatched. In the air right now as SQ8877, headed back to SIN after its test flight.

If SWF is confirmed to be refitted, originally according to the Wifi thread, that plane does not have Wifi. If it for sure undergoes refitting in 5 weeks, will it end up being refurbished, and without Wifi?

Comment

• We can scratch SWF as being in refit - it's back in the air, headed for MEL.

SWO hasn't flown since 12/28, and would be next in sequence from SWN, the last 77WR refit before SNC.

Comment

• Had my first flight yesterday on a 77WR on SQ326 to FRA. I hope PEY is proving more popular than it was on that flight for SQ's sake. Admittedly Y wasn't exactly packed out and both F and J seemed to be almost empty, but so was the S section too. I was in the front Y cabin and I've never been able to exit the plane so fast.

Comment

Had my first flight yesterday on a 77WR on SQ326 to FRA. I hope PEY is proving more popular than it was on that flight for SQ's sake. Admittedly Y wasn't exactly packed out and both F and J seemed to be almost empty, but so was the S section too. I was in the front Y cabin and I've never been able to exit the plane so fast.
                                I wonder how it will turn out on SQ's end. I hope the SFO route with PEY will be a good demand, otherwise they will have to refit some 77W to 77WN configuration depending on demand.

By the looks of what you're saying, FRA could be a candidate for tbe A350.

Comment

Working...
                                X