No announcement yet.

SQ PE - Now officially launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SGD12,100 for anything that has the word "Economy" in it........ I don't know whether to laugh, cry or do both at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
      I thought A330 is flying to KIX , where there is no Premium Economy ?
      They originally scheduled a A380.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
        If I have and willing to pay $12091.50 for that flight, I suppose I don't need to book for it right? Why don't I just turn up at the airport and go?
        I'm guessing it could be an LH-codeshare problem more than a PEY problem. I get wildly different results every time I used to search fares to DÜS. Anything from an extra $80 after flying to FRA, up to an extra $9000. That was just for a simple Y flight that lasts half an hour and was in $AU.

I say 'used to' because after my last experience with LH, I'd rather take a train from FRA. I can't imagine why SIN-LHR via FRA would be something anyone would want to do...

I wonder if for SGD 9770 you could actually hire a limousine to take you direct from FRA to any address in London via the tunnel!

Comment

• http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/tran...-on-a380-fleet

Comment

• I can't recall any discussion in this thread recently about refitting of the A380s having taken place and the details etc.

From what I can tell off fr24, the three craft with PEY are SKA, SKF and SKJ.

They are currently serving SQ221/232 (SYD), SQ322/317 (LHR) and SQ856/861 (HKG) with about 90% coverage of these flights.

These are the exact same three cities also being served by the 77Ws with PEY. Hope nobody in anywhere else is in a hurry to try out the product...

If there is another A380 currently undergoing cabin refit, it must be SKH as all other A380s are currently in use.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
              They are currently serving SQ221/232 (SYD), SQ322/317 (LHR) and SQ856/861 (HKG) with about 90% coverage of these flights.
              Has any other airline retrofitted their A380s before? I suppose there's some type of complexity that forces SQ to delay the Premium Economy rollout on those flights?

Moreover, I have heard SQ860 (Departing at 8.30am) will replace SQ856 for the A380 flight to Hong Kong, whilst the SQ856 will use B72A from October onwards. Is it true?

Comment

Has any other airline retrofitted their A380s before? I suppose there's some type of complexity that forces SQ to delay the Premium Economy rollout on those flights?
                Lufthansa retrofitted their older A380s with new business class seats and PE seats, although I don't know if it was done at the same time.

Comment

Moreover, I have heard SQ860 (Departing at 8.30am) will replace SQ856 for the A380 flight to Hong Kong, whilst the SQ856 will use B72A from October onwards. Is it true?
                  Its true that its going to change not sure from when thou
                  I am travelling to HK in DEC and it shows the A380 on SQ860,863 pair

Comment

From what I can tell off fr24, the three craft with PEY are SKA, SKF and SKJ.
                    I believe 9V-SKI has also been refitted with PY?

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                      I believe 9V-SKI has also been refitted with PY?
                      Could be. It's currently only flying to ZRH and PEK- do those destinations already have PY?

Maybe one of SKA/F/J isn't fitted and PY isn't offered on LHR SYD or HKG on the days it serves those routes.

Comment

• Do retrofits occur in SIN or at the OEM base?
                        Fly well,
                        Travel safe,
                        And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

• Originally posted by InSaneSleepyHO View Post
                          Its true that its going to change not sure from when thou
                          I am travelling to HK in DEC and it shows the A380 on SQ860,863 pair
                          It's true, and it looks really weird that suddenly they have ditched B777-200(ER) to HKG and replace them all with A330-300 aircraft. This change has not been reflected on Flight Mapper tho.

Sounds strange. I also wonder what is patronage on SQ863 as well, is it that full that they will need to deploy A380? Perhaps a sign of them planning 8th daily to HKG?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ747 View Post
                            Do retrofits occur in SIN or at the OEM base?
                            I think it happens in SIN.

Comment

• SKA and SKF are now set on a paired arrangement with each other covering LHR and HKG on a daily basis on flights SQ321/317/856/861.

SKJ is now covering SYD SQ221/232 by itself for almost a week now.

It is hard to find any kind of regular pattern with any of the other SKA-K series A380s, which leads me to think as before that SKA/F/J are the PEY equipped three, unless they are offering PE to a random assortment of destinations on random days.

SKH has been out of action well over a week suggesting PEY installation and now SKG has been on the tarmac for 4 days as well.

The story with the 77W PE cabins is quite different, however. SQ231/222 (SYD), SQ306/305 (LHR) and SQ866/865 (HKG) are still the only flights being performed by SWJ and SWL but due to some down time with SWL, all three flight pairs are getting very patchy coverage by these two PE equipped craft.

SWK is still being retro-re-fitted. All other first-series 77W are busy flying.
                              Last edited by SQ228; 8 September 2015, 08:15 PM. Reason: Wrong flight pairs for 77W - now fixed

Comment

The story with the 77W PE cabins is quite different, however. SQ221/232 (SYD), SQ322/317 (LHR) and SQ856/861 (HKG) are still the only flights being performed by SWJ and SWL but due to some down time with SWL, all three flight pairs are getting very patchy coverage by these two PE equipped craft.
                                you mean SQ318 and SQ319 pairing? (Or is it me who is wrong?)

Noted the pairing was not like what it was - If I am not mistaken.
                                SQ308 with SQ321 (was with SQ319) - 388
                                SQ318 with SQ319 (was with SQ321) - 77WN
                                SQ322 with SQ317 - 388
                                SQ306 with SQ305 - 77WR (or is it 77WT?)

Comment

Working...
                                X