• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st TR On PEY?

http://youtu.be/53qABBSFU2A

Comment

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
      I was on SQ 222 on 10th, as gold member, got op up to PEY. My travelling companion, who has no status, was not allowed to be op up together with me.
      Did you get the upgrade at the check-in counter or at the holding gate? Wondering in general how many people actually get SQ upgrades at the check-in counter ...

Comment

• Originally posted by jonleong View Post
        Did you get the upgrade at the check-in counter or at the holding gate? Wondering in general how many people actually get SQ upgrades at the check-in counter ...
        Was offered upgrade at check in counter.

Comment

• im puzzled...is SKF configured with PE too? she's been doing SQ232/221 consecutive days. while SKJ has been going to HKG and Zurich. strange.

or is PE only offered on the 77W SQ222/231 done by SWL.

hope SKJ comes to zurich in the next few days..will be glad to get bumped up on my flight to SG!

Comment

• I've searched for keywords in the thread, any info if they've updated the WiFi to T-Mobile on the PY A380s?
            The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
              im puzzled...is SKF configured with PE too? she's been doing SQ232/221 consecutive days. while SKJ has been going to HKG and Zurich. strange.

or is PE only offered on the 77W SQ222/231 done by SWL.

hope SKJ comes to zurich in the next few days..will be glad to get bumped up on my flight to SG!
              SKF has PE, I was on that last week (221 on the 13th).

Comment

• Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                I've searched for keywords in the thread, any info if they've updated the WiFi to T-Mobile on the PY A380s?
                Are the T-Mobile plans time based?

I had a quick look when I was on-board and it seemed to be the same login screen as before and charged by the MB but I don't remember if I saw the OnAir logo or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derek View Post
                  Are the T-Mobile plans time based?

I had a quick look when I was on-board and it seemed to be the same login screen as before and charged by the MB but I don't remember if I saw the OnAir logo or not.
                  According to 77WN trip reports, yes T-Mobile is time based. OnAir is MB based.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                    I think he means on the PY A380's.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                      PY on A380 will be based on the older Panasonic ex2 IFE systems (same as Y,J,F) which will be using the MB based charges system.

Comment

• Ah cool, so now we've got SKA SKF SKI and SKJ with PE for the 380s

Comment

• They are going through them quick! How long is it taking per aircraft?

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                            They are going through them quick! How long is it taking per aircraft?
                            The A380s should be fairly quick as all they're doing is removing some seats and replacing them with the new PE seats. The 77Ws should take longer because SQ is refitting the entire plane along with the IFE system.

Does anyone here know which 77W other than 9V-SWL has the PE cabin?

Comment

• Singapore Airlines rival Cathay Pacific took on average 28 days each time to refurbish a plane from A33B to A33G with new products. I recall that is approximately the same for B77A aircraft to become B77H aircraft as well.

Also removal of Premium Economy Class on CX A330 aircraft and refit them with Economy Class due to low Australian demand took approximately 10 days to complete.

From the above information I will suppose Singapore Airlines should take no more than 2 weeks to add Premium Economy per A380 and no more than 5 weeks to complete a B77WR, less any 'prototypes' which will take longer.

If this is the case, then the management's expectation where they will finish 20 A380s and 11 B77Ws in FY 2015/16 is reasonable provided we only have 6 months left till FY's end. I suppose the last 6 B77Ws will be refitted in the first half of FY 2016/17 in which we will see complete rollout of Premium Economy and then they can start moving onto introducing A380N aircraft as scheduled.

Comment

• For both the 77W and A388 am I correct in assuming that PEY uses the economy lavatories at the rear of the cabin behind the PEY cabin? No dedicated PEY lavatories?
                                Fly well,
                                Travel safe,
                                And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

Working...
                                X