Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQ015 from SFO to SIN... do passengers deboard in ICN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ015 from SFO to SIN... do passengers deboard in ICN?

Hello,

I will be traveling on flight SQ015 from San Francisco (SFO) to Singapore (SIN). There is a layover in Seoul (ICN) for about one hour.

Does anyone know whether passengers remain on the airplane or deboard? If passengers deboard, do they bring all of their carry-on luggage with them? Are there any amenities in the airport terminal at Incheon/Seoul?

Thanks for your assistance!

NR

Yes, all passengers have to disembark at ICN, along with their carry-ons, whether or not they are continuing on to SIN. The continuing flight will have a new crew.

And ICN has a great SKL if you are eligible for it. If not, there are a number of shops in the satellite concourse that is used by non-Korean airlines, including SQ.

Comment

Originally posted by SFO View Post
      Hello,

I will be traveling on flight SQ015 from San Francisco (SFO) to Singapore (SIN). There is a layover in Seoul (ICN) for about one hour.

Does anyone know whether passengers remain on the airplane or deboard? If passengers deboard, do they bring all of their carry-on luggage with them? Are there any amenities in the airport terminal at Incheon/Seoul?

Thanks for your assistance!

NR
      I'm assuming all pax need to disembark at ICN. But ICN (and specifically, the Concourse Terminal which is used by SQ) is a great place to stretch your legs for a short while. Duty free shopping is extraordinary at ICN, and I strongly urge you (if you are not going to the lounge) to pay a trip to the Museum of Korean Culture at 4F of the Concourse Terminal.

Comment

Thanks for the response and suggestions! We will be sure to stretch out legs and check out the shops and museum.

NR

Comment

To clarify, Do we stay within the terminal, or do we transfer through customs?

Is there time to clear customs if we wanted to, and re-enter?

Comment

Originally posted by SFO View Post
            To clarify, Do we stay within the terminal, or do we transfer through customs?

Is there time to clear customs if we wanted to, and re-enter?
            No time to clear customs, nor is there a need to. You would typically stay within the satellite terminal...just a security checkpoint to get from the arrivals area to the departure area of the satellite terminal, and then you are back airside, which lots of shopping and eating options before you reboard.

The transit time is usually very short...you barely have enough time to have more than a drink and a snack in the lounge before it is time to reboard.

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
            ...ICN has a great SKL if you are eligible for it. If not, there are a number of shops in the satellite concourse that is used by non-Korean airlines, including SQ.
            The current SQ Silver Kris Lounge at ICN is fine, but I am not sure if it counts as a great lounge (I would reserve "great" for lounges like any of the CX lounges in HKG, the new EK F Lounge in DXB's dedicated A380 terminal, or the QF International F lounge in SYD) -- more what you would expect from a decent, standard, SQ J lounge...

Agree the shopping in the satellite terminal is very good, especially if you catch the end-of-season sales for fashion goods like handbags etc. Very good sale prices at certain times of year.

Comment

You definitely disembark with your luggage but it's that long since I've done SQ15 I can't remember if we got rescanned or not. I bet they were still operating from just the main terminal, which had one of the best SKL's, last time I took that flight.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                You definitely disembark with your luggage but it's that long since I've done SQ15 I can't remember if we got rescanned or not. I bet they were still operating from just the main terminal, which had one of the best SKL's, last time I took that flight.
                Yes, you definitely get rescanned.

The old SKL (now closed) at the ICN main terminal would qualify as a great lounge. The new one is ok, but not outstanding...

Comment

And you get free WiFi in the terminal...
                  This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Working...
                  X