Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haig Club (David Beckham) Whisky/Whiskey in SKL SIN

Singapore SilverKris Lounge

From 1 December 2014 to 31 January 2015, the Singapore SilverKris Lounge will be featuring Haig Club whiskey. Haig Club presents a premium single-grain whiskey first established in 1824 in Cameronbridge, Scotland, and combines grain whiskey from three cask types, which creates fresh clean notes of butterscotch and toffee. Haig Club is jointly owned by star footballer David Beckham, and global alcohol brand Diageo.

Haig Club whiskey will be available in the Business Class and First Class section of the Singapore SilverKris lounges in Changi Airport Terminals 2 and 3 during this promotional period. For more information, please click here.
    Photos here

Wonder if they'll be serving this at 6am this weekend...

My favourite Whiskey. Didn't see it yesterday morning (maybe my eyes were still closed)

Comment

Haig whisky is doing a promotional run across airline lounges & duty free worldwide. It ended at BA lounges recently.
      I found the taste on the sweet side. I'll give it a pass.
      Last edited by SQFM; 10 December 2014, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        Photos here

Wonder if they'll be serving this at 6am this weekend...
        Let us know if they really do...

Comment

Haha ok I'll report back...

Comment

Bought a bottle for a party last week. Some of my friends thought it was Polo.

Comment

Opinion on the taste?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                Opinion on the taste?
                I am least qualified to answer, since I'm a very light drinker.

But here's what my friend said (caveat: he was very joyous at the end of the evening): "The gold is clear in sight and has a touch of elegance. The aroma is slightly sharper than malt whiskey but there's a unique sweetness to it. The first taste is light as it rolls off the side of your tongue. On a fuller taste, it is milder or lighter than malt and pleasant."

I have no idea what the above means. All I can personally say is that, like many wines that I've had the privilege of having pass my lips is that it tasted good to me, but with respect to whiskey I prefer the JW Blue ...

Comment

So, it's a real classy joint in the early hours of 6:30am... with a guy having his brekkie behind the counter and all

I've just bought a bottle onboard (10% off from Krisshop + 10% off with PPS/Krisflyer number). Original price $80, paid $64. Will be popping it open this evening at the company Christmas party where there are some slightly more serious whisky afficionados than yours truly.

If purchased in-terminal at T3 DFS, cost is $79, however it comes with a copper Haig Club whisky flask. No such flask on Krisshop, so you decide whether the fancy flask is worth $15 more or not.

Comment

Working...
                  X