X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIA passenger charged S$1,520 for in-flight Wi-Fi

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...1/1474174.html

Originally posted by CNA
    Mr Jeremy Gutsche, CEO of online magazine Trendhunter.com, posted his bill on Twitter the next day, complaining about being “gouged” by the airline. He had subscribed for the 30mb Internet OnAir package at US$28.99 (S$37.63), but was charged an additional US$1142.47 (S$1,483.06) for overuse.

More info about his experience in the link.
    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Pretty cheap for his business marketing expense....

Comment

Sounds to me like he did this as a deliberate act to generate a story.

Comment

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/d...20-11qbvv.html

Looks like he's stuck with it

Comment

Note the fine print at the base of the article, indicating that the author is a former employee of the bill recipient.

How did he manage to go through that much data if he was asleep for the most of the flight as he claims? I suspect he normally operates with an unlimited mobile data plan and assumes that service should be provided everywhere for him.

I highly doubt that any other airline would allow passengers to use that much bandwidth for a 'flat rate' like $30 and if they do, why should other passengers have to subsidise it?

Comment

JetBlue in fact offers basic (i.e. slower, email/browsing-only) wifi for free for all its customers. Of course, I am not sure what the cost differential is for operating a wifi service completely within US territory, versus one that involves multiple national territories, flying over inland seas and oceans and a service provider located in Switzerland...

Comment

Quite liked the free wifi provided by Virgin America!

Comment

Working...
              X