Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boeing 777-200 and the retrofitted regs

Hi all

I know SQ retrofitted most of it's 777-200's to the 1-2-1 config in J, is there a way to find out which regs were retrofitted? Am flying SQ391 in March and would hate not being in the newer cabin...

Many thanks!

Because you've said SQ391 I will assume you're interested in the SV* 772ER series. The four craft without refitted cabins are SVF, SVH, SVK snd SVO.

IST has been getting an awful lot of these planes lately, so unfortunately, I would tell you that your chance of getting an old 2-2-2 layout is fairly high. Sorry...

Comment

That's a bummer. Here I was thinking that IST mostly gets the refurbished 772ER version. With TK running a fully flat product with awesome food / catering (taste wise - minus wine or champagne) at similar or lower prices this is not really attractive. Reminds me of DXB getting regional old J a few years ago.

Comment

Wow this is definitely disappointing, I kind of booked this route out of impulse after seeing this report here showing the new cabin. The odd thing also is that the seat map on my reservation shows 1-2-1

http://flight-report.com/en/report-8028.html

I have 5 months to track the regs on Flight Radar and calculate the percentage of old regs flying there LOL

Any idea on whether these will be refitted at some point?

Comment

Thank you very much for the update on the regs, is there anywhere I can find this info online? Not doubting you whatsoever but could be useful to track the retrofitting progress in the future.

Again many thanks

Comment

In the past 4 months 40 of 106 SQ391 flights were operated with the above 4 regs, so this makes a 37.76% chance to hit the old raffles business class.... Hopefully the odds will increase in my favor by next March!

Just checked SQ381 from ATH, 33 of 34 past flights operated with the above. Glad my chances are better via IST!

Comment

Working...
            X