Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are they running out of Jakarta Girls then ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are they running out of Jakarta Girls then ?

Or Japarty Girls as some of them are allegedly known....

Flights to CGK now have recorded messages rather than crew reading out the messages in 'Indonesian'. So, no more will pax, and members of this board, witness the lovely girl who features in the latest adverts translating the messages.

I was under the impression that most of the flights to "Bahasa" locations in ID and MY had Singaporean Malay or Malaysian Malay stewardesses who would read the announcements. Not 100% compatible with Indonesian per se, but close enough. I have only encountered a small handful of Indonesian stewardesses.

It seems that there is a recorded message in Bahasa as people are getting seated pre-departure, but that's been around for quite some time. If all of the messages are now pre-recorded, then that's a change.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycrab955 View Post
      I was under the impression that most of the flights to "Bahasa" locations in ID and MY had Singaporean Malay or Malaysian Malay stewardesses who would read the announcements.
      The CGK flights had the first announcents made by the LSS in English then one of the Indonesian girls would read it again in 'Indonesian'. Now the second message is a recorded one, which has only started recently and is to 'remove the pressure of needing to have Indonesian crew on every flight', apparently.

I have only encountered a small handful of Indonesian stewardesses.
      Really ?. Surprised to hear that as there are a lot of Indonesian Girls. We had three on just the MUC-MAN leg of SQ328 yesterday.

Comment

IME, the only CGK flights that will consistently have Indonesian crew are SQ968/951, 956/957. If I'm not wrong, the crew operating these flights spends the night in CGK. All other flights may or may not feature Indonesian crew. Based on my last 4 flights over the past 2 months: SQ950/957/956/957, 3 had the recorded announcement. So yeah, maybe they just don't specifically assign Indonesian crew on CGK flights anymore.

Comment

My impression was that quite often, they had Malaysian/Singaporean girls/boys to read out the Indonesian announcements. Indonesian terms are used (eg, "sabuk pengaman" as opposed to "tali pinggang keledar") but with a distinctively Malay accent.

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
            My impression was that quite often, they had Malaysian/Singaporean girls/boys to read out the Indonesian announcements. Indonesian terms are used (eg, "sabuk pengaman" as opposed to "tali pinggang keledar") but with a distinctively Malay accent.
            That has been my experience as well...ethnic Malay stewardesses (either Singaporean or Malaysian nationality) serving destinations in Indonesia, reading the Indo announcements, but with an obviously Malay accent.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Really ?. Surprised to hear that as there are a lot of Indonesian Girls. We had three on just the MUC-MAN leg of SQ328 yesterday.
              You're certain these are actually Indonesians, and not Malay Singaporeans or Malay Malaysians?

Comment

I don't know whether there is a decrease or Indonesian SQ girls or not.
                But we do get recorded Indonesian announcements from time to time for the CGK flights. I don't think they are getting more frequent than before but I may be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycrab955 View Post
                  You're certain these are actually Indonesians, and not Malay Singaporeans or Malay Malaysians?
                  Yes, I am very sure thanks.

As I stated above, I had three Indonesian FSS's on SQ328 a few days ago. I also personally know two Indonesian LSS's, one of which I have flown with three times in the last 14 months and an FSS I have flown with twice, the latter who was memorably called Lucky and was one of the best FSS's I have flown with in a long time.

I also know another SQTalker who's girlfriend is from Jakarta and she knows a number of SQ Girls from there.

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                  I don't know whether there is a decrease or Indonesian SQ girls or not.
                  But we do get recorded Indonesian announcements from time to time for the CGK flights. I don't think they are getting more frequent than before but I may be wrong.
                  Mention of the decrease in girls was a little tongue in cheek, but the recorded announcements have recently been introduced, as I found out on SQ958 and SQ961 a few days ago. It was the crew who told me it was to avoid the pressure of having Indonesian crew on each flight, but what do they know.
                  Last edited by MAN Flyer; 19 August 2014, 12:48 AM.

Comment

I also noticed the announcement on a recent flight to and from DPS. There was at least 1 Indonesian FSS on, but the rest was a mixed bag though I didn't see all. From what I have seen lately at a certain place there appear to be less from Indo.
                    Last edited by demue; 19 August 2014, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X