Interesting morning for SQ212...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting morning for SQ212...

I have just watched her from the QF domestic lounge taxi around all the way to line up to take off over Botany Bay, only to do a complete 180 and taxi all the way down to the other end (they were landing over Botany...) to take off that way instead. With nothing else to do I thought I will watch her go, I then watched quite stunned as a GA A330 that was on short finals suddenly hit the power and go back up and SQ212 come screaming down the runway.

Shame I only had a Blackberry handy as they have the worlds worst camera phone so even though both aircraft are in the shot it's a crap picture.

Do you mean to say that the SQ212 nearly took off at the same time as the GA 330 landing on the same runway? If that is the case, it doesn't even bear thinking...

Comment

Shudder.

In the meantime, recommend that you change your phone, MAN Flyer.

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
        Do you mean to say that the SQ212 nearly took off at the same time as the GA 330 landing on the same runway? If that is the case, it doesn't even bear thinking...
        Yes it was a good old fashioned go around, although to be fair this was quite spectacular to watch.

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
        In the meantime, recommend that you change your phone, MAN Flyer.
        What, and lose my fabulous Blackberry key pad ?.

I hate touch screen typing, and travelling as much as I do I answer a lot of emails on the move. I've got an Iphone but it's only turned on periodically for Whatsapp and other nonsense family insist I use. And to take photos with to be fair, but I wouldn't have had time to wait for it to turn on this happened so quick.

Comment

I scanned the usual news channels like avherald and pprune, but have seen nothing yet. Even though go arounds are more common than most normal passengers will care to realize, it is still a scary prospect. Glad nothing happened.

Comment

Working...
          X