• Show
Clear All

• SQ flies to SEA and HNL via Asiana/ICN

From Channel News Asia

SIA widens US coverage through expanded Asiana Airlines partnership
    A
    A+
    02 Jun 2014 11:42
    SINGAPORE: Singapore Airlines (SIA) is providing access to Los Angeles, Seattle and Honolulu in the United States to its customers after announcing an expanded codeshare agreement with Asiana Airlines on Monday (June 2).

In a statement, the airline said it is now codesharing on Asiana-operated flights beyond Seoul's Incheon International Airport to the three US cities. Honululu is a new port of call, while SIA operates flights to Los Angeles and flies to Seattle through another partner airline, a company spokesperson told Channel NewsAsia.

Both parties have been codesharing since September 2005 on flights between Singapore and Seoul-Incheon.

See the way pricing works on the codeshares between SIN and ICN this could be a pretty useless agreement in a lot of cases.

Comment

I, for one, am holding out hope that the pricing won't be ridiculous. Having a better airline gateway to SEA and HNL for a reasonably-priced revenue fare would be most appreciated

Comment

ICN-SEA:
        SQ5772 Departs ICN 18.10, Arrives SEA 13.10
        SQ5771 Departs SEA 14.40, Arrives ICN 18.00

ICN-HNL:
        SQ5732 Departs ICN 20.00, Arrives HNL 10.10
        SQ5731 Departs HNL 11.40, Arrives ICN 16.20
        The transit times look very good indeed. No twiddling around in ICN. Right now my families' journey to SEA is on EVA, which has an added advantage of PY - a plus for such a long flight. But it requires a 5-6 hour transit at TPE - which is a big minus.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
          But it requires a 5-6 hour transit at TPE - which is a big minus.
          I did that transit in February. Enough time to head out downtown for a nice meal on Yongkang Jie. Especially given food is not a strength of BR.

Comment

Sounds good on paper but OZ fly their A333 on these routes which is not their latest product.
            I would choose BR when going to SEA.

Comment

I've flown OZ's A333 to HNL in J and it's not bad compared to NA/NQ's recliner seats.

My next trip to HNL will be in UA's F but if the service is really as bad as reported, I'll go with OZ's A333 as the next best option.

Comment

Working...
              X