SQ321 9V-SKF 26 May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ321 9V-SKF 26 May

Nine-Victor is reporting that SQ231 arriving in SYD had a minor collision with the aerobridge. Blame Dept still out.

Last edited by CarbonMan; 26 May 2014, 03:25 PM. Reason: Errors

Wow. Working in the construction industry myself, I notice that accidents (or incidents) tend to happen very near to each other.

Most of the time it was caused by the people involved exercising extra caution (or too much caution) due to previous incidents which resulted in them causing another incident.

Comment

Originally posted by RCTP View Post
      Most of the time it was caused by the people involved exercising extra caution (or too much caution) due to previous incidents which resulted in them causing another incident.
      I must admit i have done that myself!

Comment

Well, SQ231 is supposed to be switched from A380 to 77W starting this friday when the A380 starts SQ423-424 to BOM (unless that particular aircraft is supposed to be on DEL instead)...
        Anyway, am in BOM now, supposed to fly SQ423, 1st outbound flight from India on A380 on Sat. morning... but my 380 is broken... ?

Something else: SQ424 SIN-BOM on Friday 30 will be the 1st revenue service on A380 in India, correct ? I assume they will do the water cannon salute upon landing in BOM ? what about my outbound flight to SIN 2 hrs later ?

Comment

looking at the less than ideal load for the A380 with only 285 passengers, its better to change to the 77W. But again worrying trend that SQ's load especially on the A380 is getting low - as can be seen from the last two incidents where the A380s involved had passengers much less than its capacity.

Comment

It would sound as if Boeing's argument for not having ultra large 380s seems to be winning. Not enough high density routes to support them, especially not when there are multiple airlines on the route.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
              It would sound as if Boeing's argument for not having ultra large 380s seems to be winning. Not enough high density routes to support them, especially not when there are multiple airlines on the route.
              Agreed. There is actually such a thing as too big and it seems to be proving itself. SYD and MEL are case in point- instead of one A380, there will now be two smaller planes flying within around 2 hours of each other and there are similar examples all over SQ's network.

In some ways it can be quite simple to understand- if a route is high density, it will also mean that large numbers of passengers will expect/require the ability to fly at different times of the day and make many different connections. If an airline offers them one A380 flight per day for example, rather than wait 22 hours due to misaligned connections, those passengers will find another pathway, usually with a competitor.

Comment

aiya... nothing a bit of cellophane tape and a bit of banging from Mun Spray Mudguard svcs can't fix.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                  looking at the less than ideal load for the A380 with only 285 passengers, its better to change to the 77W. But again worrying trend that SQ's load especially on the A380 is getting low - as can be seen from the last two incidents where the A380s involved had passengers much less than its capacity.
                  Well, just flew SIN-FRA two Thursdays ago and it was absolutely full (save for one Suite seat). It's also the first time ever that my Saver/Standard upgrade has not been able to clear on a fully flexi ticket that had been on waitlist for 2 months, 4 days.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                    Agreed. There is actually such a thing as too big and it seems to be proving itself. SYD and MEL are case in point- instead of one A380, there will now be two smaller planes flying within around 2 hours of each other and there are similar examples all over SQ's network.

In some ways it can be quite simple to understand- if a route is high density, it will also mean that large numbers of passengers will expect/require the ability to fly at different times of the day and make many different connections. If an airline offers them one A380 flight per day for example, rather than wait 22 hours due to misaligned connections, those passengers will find another pathway, usually with a competitor.
                    Go tell that to EK

Comment

I have flown on SQ's A380 twice to Tokyo and both times it was not full - and the 2nd time it was only at most 60% load and many passengers have the whole row to themselves. However, do notice EK's flights out of SIN have very good loads and mostly even up to 100% in part to their good fares and connectivity out of Dubai to Europe and to US.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                        I have flown on SQ's A380 twice to Tokyo and both times it was not full - and the 2nd time it was only at most 60% load and many passengers have the whole row to themselves. However, do notice EK's flights out of SIN have very good loads and mostly even up to 100% in part to their good fares and connectivity out of Dubai to Europe and to US.
                        That's right. Seem Ek find a way to sell their ticket well.

Comment

When I flew SIN-SYD in early April, it was also just about half full. Suites was only 3/12, which made for an awesome flight (too short though!)

On the other hand, I flew QF F from MEL-DXB-LHR on the 388 in late April and it was chockers in every cabin. I've heard it has been consistently like that for both QF and EK on the ex-Australian routes.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie View Post
                            When I flew SIN-SYD in early April, it was also just about half full. Suites was only 3/12, which made for an awesome flight (too short though!)
                            I felt the same way - had to tear myself away when it was time to disembark.

Originally posted by ozzie View Post
                            On the other hand, I flew QF F from MEL-DXB-LHR on the 388 in late April and it was chockers in every cabin. I've heard it has been consistently like that for both QF and EK on the ex-Australian routes.
                            Interesting, when QF's fares are consistently higher on the Kangaroo Route compared to other airlines.

Comment

Working...
                            X