No announcement yet.

SQ to launch premium economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There have been few business publications that have said that the premium travel market for airlines have slowed down after the last economic crises a few years back and airlines premium travel will not go back to the good old days. SIA's timely was somewhat out when it started to launch its very premium 1st class suites and its spacious business class too - which now have seen seat occupancy levels dropped and its suite class have even gone down to less than 50% occupancy and from some of the passengers review here we can also see that in some cases there's only 2 to 4 suites being occupied on flights. Even SIA's upgraded business class seats with its spacious 1-2-1 seats are not doing too well due to the higher costs as compared to other legacy carriers. Even in EY, SIA maybe seeing lower load factor - as the recent A380 incident on SQ 866 has shown as it was carrying only 265 passengers - well below the capacity of the A380.

Comment

good move. if it's reasonably priced, i'm in the market for this.
      Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Originally posted by eminere™ View Post
        The next question is whether this might come at the expense of F/R, at least on some aircraft and/or on certain routes.
        You would think so, but having too many different configs creates its own problem. Don't know how many seats they are looking to have but on the 77W they could put PE in the current JCL mini cabin and move JCL forward to the current J+, sorry F, cabin. BA have PE in front of J on some of their aircraft so it must work.

F is a problem that they need to sort out, maybe the introduction of PE will see them cut F from a few routes where it doesn't seem to be working.
        Last edited by MAN Flyer; 11 May 2014, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Durian View Post
          As I said, TK's Y+ is closer to a J than to a Y, seat and catering included... and this extend to the washrooms... on the 77W (no Y+ on the 333), Y+ share with J, not with Y.
          You are comparing TK with an outstanding Y+ with a so-so J to SQ with an outstanding J with a to-be-announced Y+ and assuming that having a product like Scootbiz will worry SQ J.

In case you are now aware, the Scootbiz seat on their new 789 is the essentially the seat as QF Y+, LO Y+.. neither seem worried....
          Last edited by 9V-JKL; 11 May 2014, 11:27 PM.

Comment

TK Comfort Class is an excellent product - I agree.

The current TK C seat on the A333s that do the IST-SIN-IST runs is pretty decent and fully flat with good space. The food I had was outstanding (easily the best C food ever on any airline) though wine / champagne and cabin crew are mediocre.

If you get the old TK C seat then I understand the comment, but the 'new' product (from the dreaded Man U commercials of days past) is good in my book. But then tastes differ. YMMV

Comment

Finally they posted the transcript from the analyst briefing last week:

http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/Inve...t-q4fy1314.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
                Finally they posted the transcript from the analyst briefing last week:

http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/Inve...t-q4fy1314.pdf
                Thanks 259850 for digging it up for us. The Q+A section is very interesting indeed.

Comment

Indeed absolutely fascinating
                  FlyStayTravel.com - Asian Based Travel and Frequent Flyer Blog

Comment

[deleted]

Comment

They do this every half-year. I'll try and post them if I remember.

http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...stbriefing.jsp

You can't really read too much into the answers. It appears that they're trying to avoid some of the questions, but trying to figure out the reason for this (something to hide? sheer incompetence?) is very tricky. I know the management of a few other major Asian corporates who also dodge questions during their results briefing, but that's because of the very wide audience (including media) who often interpret answers out of context. Meeting management in private sessions sometimes can be far more informative.... though I'm not sure if this is the case with SQ (not a company I cover).

Comment

Working...
                      X