Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New KrisWorld magazine (Entertainment guide)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New KrisWorld magazine (Entertainment guide)

Has anyone else seen the new KrisWorld magazine ?

What do you think of it ?

Someone described it in Flyertalk site succintly and I quote :
    "The old layout for me was quite good, with a photo, blurb, main cast listing, etc.

Now, there is just a "Quick Select" page with only the movie name and a number. Then, a page with the name, a photo (a tiny 1cm/half an inch), a useless one line blurb (eg. "The second instalment") and a font that for part, is a tiny size 4 and quite impossible to read. But, the same amount of pages. The first 40 pages are now just taken up with advertising articles."

In other words, the words are too small, the one-liner info too brief to describe what the movie/TV program is about and its very cluttered. Its a major step backwards.

I sometimes wonder how SIA goes about making inflight change decisions. Don't they try to look at it from passengers' viewpoint or at least get feedback first before implementing a change?

Never bothered to read it. They should just put it all online. Wasting trees and adding weight to the aircraft. Presumably it's just a reason to carry and charge for ads.

Comment

I found the new magazine ok...

It was a little confusing at first because the stuff I was looking for was not in the usual places, but I eventually found the programme listings. What I liked about it was that there appeared to be more articles and features, and less emphasis on just being a programme listing, which is all online anyway.

Some pics of it here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dickson View Post
        Has anyone else seen the new KrisWorld magazine ?

What do you think of it ?
        Not a lot. My vote goes to the old layout. I could find what I wanted to watch or listen to much easier. I really don't need an article where an unnamed copywriter waxes lyrical about the "talent" of a boyband.

Comment

Agree with initial post, the short descriptions of the movies is gone, replaced by a one-liner. Other than the quick select pages, I prefer the old one.

Comment

It sucks.

The movie description is to short to figure out what the story is about and in many cases it doesn't even show who's starring in it.

I've started films now a couple of times only to realize it was not what I wanted or was in the mood for. On a shorter flight, wasting such time will just get more annoying.

Comment

If it ain't broke, don't fix it... The old one was ways better. More information, faster accessible. The new one is not doing anything for me.

Comment

Prefer old one

Font too small

Not as much information

Comment

Same, prefer the old one. Now I just click on the movie in Krisworld to read the blurb. Annoying, but necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                    If it ain't broke, don't fix it... The old one was ways better. More information, faster accessible. The new one is not doing anything for me.
                    that is what I always said about sq website, and now have to do the same with the magazine (KrisWorld magazine). Font too small, a not-so-nice layout. Old one was readable. New one is not. No synopsis for each movies.

First impression was negative and it looks like that it will stay that way.

Comment

Well, I think the no vote is pretty resounding...

Comment

Finally read a copy this week, and I see what everyone is saying. Though I can't remember what the old one looked like.

Comment

Working...
                        X