Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant Get My Preferred Flights?

Hi All,

Just want to know if this is a normal situation ....

I'm trying to book flights from SYD to HKG and out of a rapidly diminishing sense of loyalty to SQ I am trying to book with SQ via SIN. After too many attempts with the stupid website timing out, I called and tried to book the following:

Apr 17 SQ242 SYD SIN
    Apr 18 SQ866 SIN HKG
    Apr 24 SQ863 HKG SIN
    Apr 26 SQ211 SIN SYD

But, to my surprise I am 'not allowed' to combine SQ242 and SQ866? I don't want to get in to Singapore after midnight and then get on a 7.30am flight, I hoped to catch some more zzz's at the Crown Plaza then leisurely hop on SQ866 at lunch time.

Is it something specific to this route? Every time I fly to LHR I stop in SIN each way to break up the flights, so I don't understand why I can do the same here.

It's incredibly frustrating and that's before I've even tried to use points for the ever decreasing upgrades (and I have to spend an extra $500 for the flexi fares to play upgrade roullette, just in case)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly I'm tempted to just give up and book with CX.

Originally posted by rlarosa View Post
    Hi All,

Just want to know if this is a normal situation ....

I'm trying to book flights from SYD to HKG and out of a rapidly diminishing sense of loyalty to SQ I am trying to book with SQ via SIN. After too many attempts with the stupid website timing out, I called and tried to book the following:

Apr 17 SQ242 SYD SIN
    Apr 18 SQ866 SIN HKG
    Apr 24 SQ863 HKG SIN
    Apr 26 SQ211 SIN SYD

But, to my surprise I am 'not allowed' to combine SQ242 and SQ866? I don't want to get in to Singapore after midnight and then get on a 7.30am flight, I hoped to catch some more zzz's at the Crown Plaza then leisurely hop on SQ866 at lunch time.

Is it something specific to this route? Every time I fly to LHR I stop in SIN each way to break up the flights, so I don't understand why I can do the same here.

It's incredibly frustrating and that's before I've even tried to use points for the ever decreasing upgrades (and I have to spend an extra $500 for the flexi fares to play upgrade roullette, just in case)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly I'm tempted to just give up and book with CX.

This itinerary is not available for booking in a single ticketed itinerary.

However, your options are :
    1) change SQ242 to SQ222 on 17-Apr. If you able to accept flight SQ222, your ticket can be issued at AUD1,165 in Y; or
    2) book your trip SYD/SIN/SYD and SIN/HKG/SIN (ie. 2 return tickets).

Comment

Originally posted by rlarosa View Post
      out of a rapidly diminishing sense of loyalty to SQ I am trying to book with SQ via SIN.
      Really? Diminishing sense of loyalty? Good god!

You are booking SQ because they are charging a lot less than CX and because you are not only going to HKG but also to SIN.

CX SYD-HKG for an upgradeable fare is 1,500 AUD - and then you don't even get to SIN...

You only have to pay slightly more to get your stop-overs on both ways. Where exactly is your problem?
      Last edited by SMK77; 19 February 2014, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X