Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urigent question: sorry to bother you, but my next day flight delayed

Hello expert,

Sorry to bother you, but I really need your advice.

My original booking was SQ222 (ETD 16:15) - 656 (01:10) on 18 Jan 2014 in J on redemption.
    I have just received a message stating that due to the delay, SQ222 was now re-scheduled at 19:55.

I have rang to SQ call centre, and was told there was no information about connecting flight to FUK, which is understandable.

My question is that SQ will look after me or I should arrange accommodation or anything necessary by myself?

I know it sounds so silly to ask, but this is my first time to deal with as a holiday flyer.

Thank you, and kind regards,
    sushiinsyd

Originally posted by sushiinSYD View Post
    Hello expert,

Sorry to bother you, but I really need your advice.

My original booking was SQ222 (ETD 16:15) - 656 (01:10) on 18 Jan 2014 in J on redemption.
    I have just received a message stating that due to the delay, SQ222 was now re-scheduled at 19:55.

I have rang to SQ call centre, and was told there was no information about connecting flight to FUK, which is understandable.

My question is that SQ will look after me or I should arrange accommodation or anything necessary by myself?

I know it sounds so silly to ask, but this is my first time to deal with as a holiday flyer.

Thank you, and kind regards,
    sushiinsyd
    I assume it's on the same ticket? If so, yea, SQ should take care of it

Comment

Thank you, calvinoeh.

Yes, it is on the same ticket. I will see what would happen.

Comment

On the few occasions I have had a flight delayed with SQ that has meant that I have missed my connection I have found them to be very good. There has been someone at the gate at changi with a new boarding pass for a later flight (luckily for me it has never involved an overnight layover). If in this case there is not someone at the gate then just go to the lounge and they will sort you out.

But as you are on one ticket it is SQ's responsibility to get you on the next availabel flight, provide you with food and drink and also accommodation if it means you will be delayed overnight.

Comment

I'm also wondering if they may make some rearrangements between SQ222 and SQ242. Anyone connecting off SQ222 to a SIN departure prior to midnight clearly isn't going to make it, but if they happened to have any spare seats on SQ242, that flight is quite capable of connecting to FUK, arriving in SIN at 0015.
          Crossed fingers that you get lucky on that one!

SQ222 is probably caught up in the chaos currently affecting SQ's A380 fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
            On the few occasions I have had a flight delayed with SQ that has meant that I have missed my connection I have found them to be very good. There has been someone at the gate at changi with a new boarding pass for a later flight (luckily for me it has never involved an overnight layover). If in this case there is not someone at the gate then just go to the lounge and they will sort you out.

But as you are on one ticket it is SQ's responsibility to get you on the next availabel flight, provide you with food and drink and also accommodation if it means you will be delayed overnight.
            Thank you, Lobster.

While I was wondering where to contact when I arrive at Changi, I have never thought of lounge. This is definitely a new idea.

I have experienced flight delay only once with KE as a holiday flyer. Even though KE looked after me, the ground staff kept abusing me for the next good three hours until they found accommodation for me, as if the flight delay was at my fault. That made me firmly decide not to fly with them again. Even though I believed that SQ would look after me, the flash back memory made me quite uncomfortable.

Anyhow, once again, thank you for your advice.

regards,
            sushiinsyd

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
              I'm also wondering if they may make some rearrangements between SQ222 and SQ242. Anyone connecting off SQ222 to a SIN departure prior to midnight clearly isn't going to make it, but if they happened to have any spare seats on SQ242, that flight is quite capable of connecting to FUK, arriving in SIN at 0015.
              Crossed fingers that you get lucky on that one!

SQ222 is probably caught up in the chaos currently affecting SQ's A380 fleet.
              Thank you, SQ228.

Yes, I thought about it, but unfortunately it did not work for me.

Another problem is if I would be on SQ242 on the day, I will arrive at FUK around 02:00. As my final destination is Kumamoto, which means I have spend another night in Fukuoka (Sigh)... In that case, I rather prefer to be on SQ656.

Another slight disappointment is that as I am a smoker I was planning to buy 2 cartons @ SYD, but I have to give up. I would not be happy to pay duty just for the transition

Comment

Originally posted by sushiinSYD View Post
                Thank you, SQ228.

Yes, I thought about it, but unfortunately it did not work for me.

Another problem is if I would be on SQ242 on the day, I will arrive at FUK around 02:00. As my final destination is Kumamoto, which means I have spend another night in Fukuoka (Sigh)... In that case, I rather prefer to be on SQ656.

Another slight disappointment is that as I am a smoker I was planning to buy 2 cartons @ SYD, but I have to give up. I would not be happy to pay duty just for the transition
                SQ242 leaves SYD at 1910, arr. SIN 0015. It is the best connection to SQ656 and is actually the flight SQ suggest SYD-FUK passengers use.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  SQ242 leaves SYD at 1910, arr. SIN 0015. It is the best connection to SQ656 and is actually the flight SQ suggest SYD-FUK passengers use.
                  SQ242 was delayed also today, and its' boarding commenced @ 19:20. So probably even SQ242 would not make it.

Well, I am at Capri hotel now anyway. I will be on SQ656 tonight.

Thank you very much to you all for your help

Kind regards,
                  sushiinsyd

Comment

Working...
                  X